Indiana Loses Coaching Legend - Karl "Barney" Deak

cbarnett

• cbarnett changed the title to Indiana Loses Coaching Legend - Karl "Barney" Deak
1 hour ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Btw Last year it was posted on here that he died in 2020.. I had to search and make sure I wasn't crazy.. Can somebody explan this?

https://www.lahaynefuneralhome.com/obituary/KarlBarney-Deak

Maybe just getting to have a service for him cuz of covid?

The obit posted at the top also denotes that he had passed in Nov. 2020

Due to the circumstances of the pandemic the family decided to hold a memorial service at a later date so that the many people whose lives Mr Deak touched could pay their respects.

Coach Deak was an amazing coach, teacher and role model to so many Hammond kids as well as a great father to his own boys. He was very knowledgeable and extremely technical when instructing his wrestlers. He used terminology that we all could understand though. He was definitely ahead of his time. He was without a doubt the smartest coach I ever had in any sport.  Coach Deak led by example and I'll always be grateful for the character and discipline he instilled in me. He is the reason that the sport I once considered my second sport has given me so much and is my number one sport over 40 years later.  Thanks Coach

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.