I was curious to see how he did this past season.  Per Nebraska's site, he only wrestled 2x, both extra matches in Nebraska's first two duals of the season.  He lost 8-4 to Dylan Anderson of Minn and won 12-2 vs Conner Corbin of Iowa.  I know he was behind Schultz, who was ranked #1 at one point, but I expected him to see more action.  Anybody have any insight?  Was he injured?  Covid?

On 5/26/2021 at 12:15 PM, ReformedPoster said:

I was curious to see how he did this past season.  Per Nebraska's site, he only wrestled 2x, both extra matches in Nebraska's first two duals of the season.  He lost 8-4 to Dylan Anderson of Minn and won 12-2 vs Conner Corbin of Iowa.  I know he was behind Schultz, who was ranked #1 at one point, but I expected him to see more action.  Anybody have any insight?  Was he injured?  Covid?

He is just stuck behind Eric Schultz. While Schultz lost in the round of 16 this year, he was ranked #1 at one point in the season and entered the NCAA tourney as the #2 seed. Of course, he then got pinned by the #31 seed. I expect that if Schultz comes back for a fifth year that they will redshirt Allred.

I had not heard about the passing of Silas' father, I' m glad his dad got to see his high school success. We all get to places by different paths, his was not your typical path but from way outside looking in I believe he did his best to make up for any missteps. 

Good luck to Silas, I really enjoyed watching him wrestle. Silas really is 1 in a billion, hopefully he can continue to stay focused and achieve his goals.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2021 at 6:52 AM, Ahawkeye said:

I had not heard about the passing of Silas' father, I' m glad his dad got to see his high school success. We all get to places by different paths, his was not your typical path but from way outside looking in I believe he did his best to make up for any missteps. 

Good luck to Silas, I really enjoyed watching him wrestle. Silas really is 1 in a billion, hopefully he can continue to stay focused and achieve his goals.

His father and myself became good friends after Silas and my guy Trizton Carson put on an instant classic at the first ever Freshman/sophmore state championships  5 years ago in a war.. after that We spent many nights talking about not only wrestling but life in general.. He was so passionate and educated in this this thing we call life.. He was without a doubt One the most reformed and thankful ppl I have ever known who was constantly working on being better then the day before..

Never hid from his past and worked everyday to strengthen his faith and strive to give his family the best life possible.. He was so strong not only physically but mentally and spiritually.. He suffered really bad the last year he was on this earth but never once Griped or wanted pity.. He always wanted to help the next man and never wanted ppl to feel sorry for him..Big E was one of the greatest men I ever met and one of the best ppl this sport had lead me to..

Loved that dude and he wants silas to not only be an elite wrestler but seen him becoming UFC champ one day after his wrestling days... Loved that dude and will always remember our bond and good times.. Just glad he's no longer suffering.