Dick Neal aka The Ancient Elder

Y2CJ41

It is with a heavy heart that I relay the information that Dick Neal passed away this morning. He was a great historian of this sport and where I have received much of my information and data for our history section. Without his work on the "Echoes of the Elder" book we would not have the state's wrestling history at our fingertips. Dick served on the ISWA board and in almost every role possible within the wrestling community.

My favorite memory was seeing him at the Dream Team Classic and the smile on his face the whole night. I am beyond grateful to have met him as he is one of the people in this sport that does not get the credit they should for their impact on the state.

I will post arrangement information when it is ready. 

The Ancient Elder was a great asset to Indiana Wrestling and particularly Martinsville Wrestling. His son's Richard and Bryan were a huge part of the success Martinsville saw in the late 80's and and Early 90's. Then they went on to coach at Lowell and Martinsville. 

Dick was always ready to talk about wrestling. It's tragic. We lost a great influence in Indiana Wrestling today.

The The Ancient Elder & the Neal family had a huge impact on my success as a wrestler and coach. I am thankful for the time I was able to spend with him.  

Condolences from the Martinsville Wrestling Family. 

Briar Runyan

There are not enough words to adequately give Dick credit for all the contributions he has made to INDIANA wrestling but he surely recorded all that happened. What has always impressed me has been his style. Conversations with him were always a treat. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.