Most ISWA State Titles

Connor Mullins more than 20.. Had a crazy triple crown streak of at least 5 years iirc.. He was on my MS team as a kindergartner i was in 8th only losing once in 9 years and it was to Older stud Eppert iirc in a war... He would do 60 one armed push ups before each meet to entertain the home crowd too.. One of the best to never win a ihsaa title and that's because he started down the wrong path and got into trouble... He's def one of the most Decorated iswa wrestlers I've ever known..

Here's a run down of his credentials by 12.

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2005/August/15/Connor-Mullins

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

1 hour ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Connor Mullins won around 20.. Had a crazy triple crown streak of at least 5 years iirc.. He was on my MS team as a kindergartner i was in 8th only losing once in 9 years and it was to Older stud Eppert iirc in a war... He would do 60 one armed push ups before each meet to entertain the home crowd too.. One of the best to never win a ihsaa title and that's because he started down the wrong path and got into trouble... He's def one of the most Decorated iswa wrestlers I've ever known..

Here's a run down of his credentials by 12.

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2005/August/15/Connor-Mullins

Dude was so slick on his feet.

Jarred Books, Eric Galka, Tommy Forte have to be up there as well.

I'm trying to remember my early- mid 2000 ISWA books haha. A few kids had some strong runs at an early age, but not many may have produced in high school. Ryan Konrath and another kid named Arthur something were always triple crowns

31 minutes ago, Steven Sandefer said:

I'm trying to remember my early- mid 2000 ISWA books haha. A few kids had some strong runs at an early age, but not many may have produced in high school. Ryan Konrath and another kid named Arthur something were always triple crowns

That brings up another great question about the role that youth success plays in later success.  Is there a correlation? 

6 hours ago, Steven Sandefer said:

Ryan Konrath and another kid named Arthur something were always triple crowns

That maybe HWT Joey Arthur of Bloomington North.  I know he had quite a few youth accomplishments, but just didn’t quite make it to the top during HS. 

Edited by MattM

12 hours ago, ENoblewrestling said:

That brings up another great question about the role that youth success plays in later success.  Is there a correlation? 

So many factors go into this, but I'd imagine that getting burnt out can play into the ones that never won a state title.. Mullins being a 4x placer (5,3,2,8) and runner up as a jr losing 1-0 to welch in the finals, then his senior year had a rough rough year mentally, physically, emotionally, lawfully and socially.. He tore his lat badly in season and never was right after that..losing at state to Richey then inj def the rest to finish 8th.. I remember that year before he got hurt he mauled and stuck the 6th placer Brown from Laff Jeff... He Was a great kid that got into the wrong scene and it cost him dearly paired with his heart not being in it anymore...I remember Mullins dad added up all his matches over his entire life and it was crazy crazy like over 2k wins and under 70 losses.. When he did lose in his youth years it was after being a all American placements... That article I posted had staggering credentials by 12...Revin Dickman really reminds me of young Mullins by his maturity and technical prowess.

I know he was def burnt out.. Was going to Stanford om scholarship until he got in trouble.. Then lost the offer and went to D2 Notre Dame where he started the season doing great.. had the starting spot at 165 after beating some guy named Joey Davis handily.. Then just left and never wrestled again.. Started a MMA career dominating everybody in his way going 5-0 as ammy but has been on a hiatus after moving out West...

He is part of the laundry list of What ifs in NC history.. Mullins, Bubba Dickerson, Jason Sayre(2x SQ that Would've been ranked top 3 if not 1 going into their senior year at 112n losing a late lead to multiple time placer Tim Hunt) the year Hump won his first title at 112 Sayre was in top shape before getting kicked off and watching the very guy he dominated not long ago, go on to win the state title. That also hurt Jaggers big time losing a high level partner all while training to go against the Arguably best ever ay time Angel Escibedi.. Not that it would've helped Matt win but it def can't be good losing your career partner, who I'll say was a tank at 112.

Sayre at semi state semis the year in prior beat Hump by 12 .. He was booted for drinking crap being a buffoon in public.. Never was right after that either.. Makes my stomach turn thinking about the wasteland of talent this town has become honestly.

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

12 hours ago, Steven Sandefer said:

I remember seeing middle school Lil Tshirts beat HS State Champ Wright at iswa state when Jason bumped to Jr. Division to test himself.. That was his official coming out party amongst the entire state.

I don’t ever remember seeing Galka lose in state. He was unreal. Another person that comes to mind is Storm Smith from Muncie. He was a bad man when we were little. I feel like he had quite a few triple crowns. 

My younger brother ran into John Sims, Mullins, and Jason Tsirtsis quite a few times down at the fairgrounds. They seemed to be the bad boys of that age division. 

Edited by CoachDuke2.0

7 hours ago, CoachDuke2.0 said:

I don’t ever remember seeing Galka lose in state. He was unreal. Another person that comes to mind is Storm Smith from Muncie. He was a bad man when we were little. I feel like he had quite a few triple crowns. 

My younger brother ran into John Sims, Mullins, and Jason Tsirtsis quite a few times down at the fairgrounds. They seemed to be the bad boys of that age division. 

The old Pal Club had tons of studs!  Da Regions Galka was a machine and lightening fast! If you don't mind asking who's your little brother? Mullins lost to lik Tshirts his sophmore year at ihsaa state.. another stud I worked with and trained in MMA even he was a youngster was Devon Jackson lost to Lil tshirts in OT at ihsaa state too.. Jason was so clutch in big matches.. Beating #1 ranked nationally Cashe Quiroga his freshman year at state was a huge foreshadowing of the success he would have in his career... Indiana has really came along nicely producing high level guys, especially us not being that big of a state.

My brother is Nate Duke. I wasn’t including him in that group by any means lol. I’m Just saying those 3 guys are 3 he for sure always ran into and they laid the smack down lol. He wrestled Devon many times as well, as Marion and Muncie aren’t far a part. We went to Mighty Midget camp with him as well at Yorktown back when that was a big thing. 

Edited by CoachDuke2.0

16 hours ago, CoachDuke2.0 said:

My brother is Nate Duke. I wasn’t including him in that group by any means lol. I’m Just saying those 3 guys are 3 he for sure always ran into and they laid the smack down lol. He wrestled Devon many times as well, as Marion and Muncie aren’t far a part. We went to Mighty Midget camp with him as well at Yorktown back when that was a big thing. 

Your brother was tough I remember him! You don't get better not completing vs s studs year round.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.