141 Red

149 Lee

157 Tsirtsis

165 Howe

174 Lydy

184 Sliga?

197 Davidson

285 Parris 

Fell like I may be missing a 184 or a 197 but this is a NASTY team.

Misread 

125 Hildebrandt

133 Micic (still at Michigan technically)

141 Red

149 Lee

157 Lee

165 Tucker

174 Washington

184 ?

197 Davidson

285 Parris

Edited by QuinnHarris

NCAA D1:

125 - Drew Hildebrandt, HM: Christian Mejia

133 - Kyle Luigs, HM: Conner Gimson

141 - Nick Lee, HM: Chad Red, 

149 - Graham Rooks

157 - Brayton Lee

165 - Joe Lee

174 - Donnell Washington, HM: Drew Hughes

184 - Max Lyon (Indiana Tie with Purdue), HM: Gleason Mappes

197 - Lucas Davison, HM: Thomas Penola

285 - Mason Parris

2 hours ago, IU89 said:

Why is everyone putting Nick at 149. He’s the 141# NCAA Champion. Never wrestled 149, never will. 

same with Micic he didnt wrestle a match this year for Michigan and is more than likely done wrestling in college.

125 - Hildebrandt

133 - Micic (still technically eligible so I'm taking him)

141 - N Lee (champ gets to pick his weight)

149 - C Red (Rooks if we're being picky about weights)

157 - B Lee

165 - Tucker (J Lee is close and admittedly I am probably grading him unfairly in comparison to his brother, but Tucker got a win at NCAAs and Joe didn't so that's my logic)

174 - Washington (Dude was super impressive this year, can't wait to see how far he can take it)

184 - I got nothing though I admittedly don't know anything about the DII or DIII levels (I'm thinking either Hughes bulking up or Davison making an insane cut?)

197 - Penola (making the blood round gives him the nod over Davison for me) 

285 - Parris

6 hours ago, bigballerb said:

If he comes back, I think he goes 49 and Bartlett goes 141. He’s proven he can beat yianni and he’s won a natty already. I think he moves up, I could be wrong though.

That's what a lot of PSU fans thought this year.  Now Van Ness enters the mix and may be well suited for 149.  Anything is possible, but pretty sure Nick Lee wrestles whatever weight he wants to.  Regardless, that has no bearing on this year's lineup.  Nick Lee is the 141 National Champ.  He stays at 141.  If you want to bump other people weights go for it.  Maybe if there were a stronger 149, the discussion might be different.  But in my mind there isn't a definitive guy at a weight in DI (Rooks @149 probably is), then you go to DII or DIII.

All time, I would put

125- Angel Escobedo

133- Reece Humphrey or Stevan Micic

141- Nick Lee

149- Jason Tsirtsis

157- Brayton Lee

165- Andrew Howe

174- Darden Schurg or Conner Lefever or Andrew Howe again lol idk

184- Riley Lefever

197- Matt Powless for now...Will be Lucas Davison.

285-Mason Parris

2021-

125-Hildebrandt

133- Micic

141- Lee

149- Rooks

157- Lee

165- Lee

174- Washington

184-

197- Davison

285- Parris

16 hours ago, bigballerb said:

If he comes back, I think he goes 49 and Bartlett goes 141. He’s proven he can beat yianni and he’s won a natty already. I think he moves up, I could be wrong though.

He is coming back. He talks about it here:

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9hbmNob3IuZm0vcy9kZjhlZTI0L3BvZGNhc3QvcnNz?ep=14

A lot of other great insights into how he and the PSU coaches think about things. Definitely 25 minutes well spent.

3 hours ago, wrestlenewbie said:

He is coming back. He talks about it here:

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9hbmNob3IuZm0vcy9kZjhlZTI0L3BvZGNhc3QvcnNz?ep=14

A lot of other great insights into how he and the PSU coaches think about things. Definitely 25 minutes well spent.

Glad to hear, I think he will win another.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/14/2021 at 11:19 AM, IU89 said:

Why is everyone putting Nick at 149. He’s the 141# NCAA Champion. Never wrestled 149, never will. 

Thought I would comeback to this. Lee just said RBY is going up to 141 on Instagram so I’m going to assume he’s moving up as well.

Edited by bigballerb

On 5/10/2021 at 5:27 PM, bigballerb said:

Thought I would comeback to this. Lee just said RBY is going up to 141 on Instagram so I’m going to assume he’s moving up as well.

Something to consider is that these guys have a history of saying stuff like this on social media during the off season that later turns out to be them having fun with us. Im not saying that is the case here, but it causes me to be less certain about the IG post.

Along with the starters, who should we bring in as practice fodder? We need accomplished guys that will be able to give the starters a look, but also not good enough to beat the starters. We will also need a top notch waterboy, someone with an indepth knowledge of H2O. Hydration is very important.

On 5/10/2021 at 5:27 PM, bigballerb said:

6 hours ago, wrestlenewbie said:

Something to consider is that these guys have a history of saying stuff like this on social media during the off season that later turns out to be them having fun with us. Im not saying that is the case here, but it causes me to be less certain about the IG post.

I'd be willing to bet on it.  Nick said on a podcast he was going to 133 to beat RBY and then joked he'd go up to 184 and take on Aaron Brooks.  

9 hours ago, wrestlenewbie said:

2 hours ago, SWINfan said:

I'd be willing to bet on it.  Nick said on a podcast he was going to 133 to beat RBY and then joked he'd go up to 184 and take on Aaron Brooks.  

Gotcha, makes sense now lol. Hope he brings home another title at whatever weight.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.