Wrestle Off results?? And numbers??

AJ

Yes, numbers were low this year as it was tough timing for the wrestle off's being during spring break.  My issue is that when we had them in February people complained it was too early because it was hard for kids to get back to weight in April.  We couldn't hold it in early March because I had no idea until closer to time when we were going to be able to hold Folkstyle state and how many weekends it was going to take so we landed on this date as being the real only choice this year.

With that said it doesn't help that we have lots of people out encouraging other things and discouraging people from wanting to be part of the ISWA National Team trip (I won't go into specifics, but like Spencer Lee says "if you know you know").

Its OK, we have several kids that are getting the great opportunity and will get better and benefit from the trip.

We do however need the following weights filled for MS team if anyone wants the opportunity and or wants to help get kids out there.

MS 132,140,195 & HWT (2)

Reach out to me directly if anyone has a lead on kids for these websites and if anyone wants to post fighting responses to my comments above please don't as I have no time for that.

On 4/3/2021 at 6:38 PM, JMILL said:

we have filled the 132, 140 spots.   the 195 and one of the HWT spots have soft commitments and may solidify in next 24hrs.  this will leave 1 HWT spot open for MS team.  call me Jason Miller 219-730-9489

195 and both Hwt spots are still open for anyone who wants the opportunity ?

• 2 weeks later...

Heartland Results:

Elementary Gold placed 3rd overall with a team record of 7-1 and had 5 All Americans: Case Bridge, Justin Williamson, Colin Strayer, Lucas Boe & Ben Clark, and named team co-MVP's as Lucas Boe & Ben Clark

Elementary Blue placed 13h overall with a team record of 5-3 and named team MVP as Peyton Hornsby

MS Gold placed 9th overall with a team record of 7-1 and had 3 All Americans: Peyton Schoettle, Gunner Butt, Devin Kendrex and named team MVP as Devin Kendrex 

MS Blue placed 22nd overall with a team record of 2-6 and had 1 All American: Gavin Lewis who was also named team MVP

**All American was achieved with a no loss record on the wknd 

Edited by JMILL