Nick "Hammer" Lee

Cool award! That's almost as much ink at the Evansville Courier an Press used on an article about Nick Lee. Not wanting to hijack your thread but I find it frustrating that as far as I know ZERO local basketball teams made it to state this year both University of Evansville (D1) and University of Southern Indiana (D2) basketball teams didn't even sniff getting into their respective tournaments. IU, Kentucky, and Notre Dame didn't make the tournament and Purdue is already out. Nick's picture didn't even make the front page??? I know Nick doesn't care about headlines but when you have the State Champions in your town, a National Champion from your town and other schools worthy of some press near by and we're looking at pictures and articles about basketball teams that aren't even from our region??? Very frustrating, Lily King who won Olympic gold in swimming got decent press, she earned it but so did Nick. Very disappointing.

16 hours ago, Ahawkeye said:

Cool award! That's almost as much ink at the Evansville Courier an Press used on an article about Nick Lee. Not wanting to hijack your thread but I find it frustrating that as far as I know ZERO local basketball teams made it to state this year both University of Evansville (D1) and University of Southern Indiana (D2) basketball teams didn't even sniff getting into their respective tournaments. IU, Kentucky, and Notre Dame didn't make the tournament and Purdue is already out. Nick's picture didn't even make the front page??? I know Nick doesn't care about headlines but when you have the State Champions in your town, a National Champion from your town and other schools worthy of some press near by and we're looking at pictures and articles about basketball teams that aren't even from our region??? Very frustrating, Lily King who won Olympic gold in swimming got decent press, she earned it but so did Nick. Very disappointing.

Same thing in New Castle when Jaggers lost to Escobedo in the finals at state they put the freaking basketball team that lost at sectionals on the front page meanwhile our guy got a lil paragraph.. It's disgusting really.