I think our states talent at the next level is getting to the point that we can start having two categories. The best HS wrestlers in state history?   As well as, the best college/International wrestlers in state history?   Some may overlap of course.  

Edited by MattM

I’m not sure where Nick Lee ranks, but he is stellar. 

Taking in high school and college career combined it seems pretty obvious that Andrew Howe is number 1. And he might have earned gold if not for Burroughs. 

There is a strong argument for Parris being top 5 given his high school, college, and international accomplishments thus far- and if it weren’t for Gable he is easily a national champ, possibly 2x over. 

As it sits right now I’d go 1) Howe; 2) Escebedo; 3) Nick Lee; 4) Parris; 5) Tsirtsis. 

But you still have a lot of great talent out there that may finish their college careers out and enter that top 5 category: Joe Lee, Brayton Lee, Chad Red (assuming he uses a 5th year), Micic, and Davison. Please forgive me, I know I am missing some top notch talent. And you can’t forget Reece Humphrey if you take high school and college career combined. 

Edited by SunDevils

4 hours ago, MattM said:

I think our states talent at the next level is getting to the point that we can start having two categories. The best HS wrestlers in state history?   As well as, the best college/International wrestlers in state history?   Some may overlap of course.  

Agreed.. but maybe even three categories! 1. High School 2. College 3. International

On 3/21/2021 at 12:59 PM, SunDevils said:

I’m not sure where Nick Lee ranks, but he is stellar. 

Taking in high school and college career combined it seems pretty obvious that Andrew Howe is number 1. And he might have earned gold if not for Burroughs. 

There is a strong argument for Parris being top 5 given his high school, college, and international accomplishments thus far- and if it weren’t for Gable he is easily a national champ, possibly 2x over. 

As it sits right now I’d go 1) Howe; 2) Escebedo; 3) Nick Lee; 4) Parris; 5) Tsirtsis. 

But you still have a lot of great talent out there that may finish their college careers out and enter that top 5 category: Joe Lee, Brayton Lee, Chad Red (assuming he uses a 5th year), Micic, and Davison. Please forgive me, I know I am missing some top notch talent. And you can’t forget Reece Humphrey if you take high school and college career combined. 

Kelvin jackson D1 National champ, Coughlin 2xD1 AA, Riley Lefevre 4x D3 champ beating D1 NATIONAL champ myles Martin, Vega 3x D1 AA team champ with minnesota,Ben Wissel 2x D1 AA, Wagner HW 3X D1 AA, CHARLIE Pingleton NAIA NATIONAL CHAMP AA and  2x D2 AA,

Andre Hernandez D1 AA,Jeff pease cadet & jr National champ and 6x Fargo all American, 2x D2 AA, Tony Vaughn 3rd place finish for PURDUE , Chad red 4x AA, Micic 3rd place NCAAs, Adam chalfant HW 6th place AA,

Keith Davison 2x D1 AA,Eric douglas D1 AA, mark Whitehead D1 NATIONAL runner up D1,John Gunther 2x D1 AA, Brad Traviola D1 NATIONAL runner up.

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

18 hours ago, SunDevils said:

Isn’t Kelvin Jackson from first LSU then Iowa State? Isn’t he a Michigan high school athlete? 

There's two different jackson's Kevin and Kelvin Jackson, The one I'm referring to kelvin, is from Anderson and graduated from Michigan State where he won a NCAA title.

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

13 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Kelvin jackson D1 National champ, Coughlin 2xD1 AA, Riley Lefevre 4x D3 champ beating D1 NATIONAL champ myles Martin, Vega 3x D1 AA team champ with minnesota,Ben Wissel 2x D1 AA, Wagner HW 3X D1 AA, CHARLIE Pingleton NAIA NATIONAL CHAMP AA and  2x D2 AA,

Andre Hernandez D1 AA,Jeff pease cadet & jr National champ and 6x Fargo all American, 2x D2 AA, Tony Vaughn 3rd place finish for PURDUE , Chad red 4x AA, Micic 3rd place NCAAs, Adam chalfant HW 6th place AA,

Keith Davison 2x D1 AA,Eric douglas D1 AA, mark Whitehead D1 NATIONAL runner up D1,John Gunther 2x D1 AA, Brad Traviola D1 NATIONAL runner up.

Coughlin was a 1x AA at IU.

For me, you start with all the D1 Champs and work your way down from there.  The competition that they face every match is so much different that at the D2, D3 and NAIA levels.

1.  Andrew Howe

2.  Angel Escobedo

3.  Nick Lee - Has a chance to move to #1 next year if he can repeat as National Champ.

4.  Jason Tsirtsis

5.  Kelvin Jackson

8 hours ago, ReformedPoster said:

Coughlin was a 1x AA at IU.

For me, you start with all the D1 Champs and work your way down from there.  The competition that they face every match is so much different that at the D2, D3 and NAIA levels.

1.  Andrew Howe

2.  Angel Escobedo

3.  Nick Lee - Has a chance to move to #1 next year if he can repeat as National Champ.

4.  Jason Tsirtsis

5.  Kelvin Jackson

My bad I thought he was 2.