Pitch

blueandgold

With the off-season schedule beginning to take off, more and more opportunities for mat time become available, and we all know if you want to get better, this is the way to do it. I know typically some coaches form teams to go to Disney Duals, Jazz Town Duals, and Virginia Beach Duals, but not every kid has the resources to attend these types of tournaments. So, I wanted to throw out a pitch of an 8-Team Club Cup for some extra fun and mat time for guys who want to get better, those preparing for a career in college, or as a last hurrah for anyone concluding their wrestling career in high school.

16 weight classes (Standard NFHS weights + two additional)

94 - 100 - 106 - 113 - 120 - 126 - 132 - 138 - 145 - 152 - 160 - 170 - 182 - 195 - 220 - 285

• Wrestlers get 2 lb. allowance

• Participants can range from incoming 8th graders to newly graduated seniors

• Coaches are allowed to have anyone from any school wrestle for their club

• Teams separated by pool play

A sample as follows

Pool A

- Red Cobra

- CIA

- MXW

- Perry Meridian WC

Pool B

- Franklin WC

- Contenders Wrestling

- Maurer Coughlin

- Indiana Outlaws

Teams wrestle each other in a round robin with a guaranteed bye. After the round robin ends, they wrestle for placement based upon record.

With Freestyle and Greco season upon us, I’ve even thought of it being a Freestyle or Greco dual type of deal, or Ironman in which they wrestle a different style each period, or it can be simply Folkstyle. 

Also, with more and more people being vaccinated and the weather getting warmer, it’d be kind of unique to have it outside on a football field, that way more people can attend.

Just an idea. If anyone’s interested or has some sort of suggestion, please comment below.

Edited by blueandgold

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.