NCAA championship Dl

Gable made sure to step it up this year so he wouldn’t be denied his title.  Mason is definitely a step above the rest of the field, but Steveson has shown he is just another step past even that.  

20 minutes ago, 1prouddad said:

Enjoy watching that young man. His confidence is through the roof and he lets everyone know it. Loves the 🎥 and is well spoken. Giving a hint that he may be going heavyweight will be fun. Definitely a bright future. 

Hopefully he waits anther year it 2 to go HW, he's not going to be strong enough, though we seen what cassar did so maybe he will prove me wrong..Kerk,cass, Mason,Schultz and Gable are too much for him right now but a year is huge in this sport... Love him wanting to challenge himself.

16 minutes ago, MattM said:

Gable made sure to step it up this year so he wouldn’t be denied his title.  Mason is definitely a step above the rest of the field, but Steveson has shown he is just another step past even that.  

That's the rub.  Gable makes Mason look slow like Mason makes every other 285 in the country.  There is a clear division between Gable and Mason and then just as clear a division between Parris and every one else.  It's just amazing how quick, strong and explosive Mason is, yet against Gable he looks timid and slow.  Not sure I can recall seeing anything like it.

25 minutes ago, Ch1StyleZ84 said:

I was giving my old Army buddy a hard time, he’s a huge PA homer. I said since Nick has beat Seabass twice and Seabass owns 2 wins over Spencer then Nick is clearly THE best Lee......transitive property!!

Lol. I get that take but Spencer is # for # the best in the country. 
to win a National title like he did with a blown out knee is insane. Something in his post match seemed a little off as he seemed to be kinda blunt  with his answers. But then again, He’s always been about things more than him. Such as, the team title was one of his ultimate goals and they achieved it. 

23 hours ago, navy80 said:

I am really impressed by Nick Lee's offense. The kid is always looking to score. It will be interesting to see his gameplay against Eierman since Eierman is a defensive wrestler.

I am really impressed with Chad Red's ability to face adversity and grind out wins. What a performance in the wrestle backs. Red and Lee have represented Indiana well. It's amazing they've both AA'd at 141 three times, wrestle in the same conference but have only wrestled twice in college.

I am a fan of AJ Ferrari.. Not only does he have a cool name but the kid is confidence, puts in the work, and has a bright future. I can see him being the next Brock Lesnar in regards to fame (WWE, UFC). He should win tonight.

The quiet career of Drew Hildebrandt is impressive. I believe he would have made the finals with the any draw on the bottom of the bracket. I look for him to take third.

The Brayton Lee and Deakin match will be fun. Deakin was supposed to be a lock for a title this year but was pinned in the semi's. He's got to be emotional coming into today. Will he come out and destroy B Lee or will he be in the right mindset coming off the upset? 

Please don't take this the wrong way because I agree with your assessment of Lee and Red, but two corrections. They are each 4x AAs. And Lee is 3-0 in college against Red.

Edited by wrestlenewbie

13 hours ago, Ch1StyleZ84 said:

We seemed a lot lighter on AA's this year than I remember in past years. Did I miss anyone?

125 - Hildebrandt 4th
141 - Lee 1st , Red 6th
157 - Lee 6th
285 - Parris 2nd

This was Indiana’s best year ever. 4 was our previous high. Also was the third highest state in the tournament. 

17 hours ago, Ch1StyleZ84 said:

We seemed a lot lighter on AA's this year than I remember in past years. Did I miss anyone?

125 - Hildebrandt 4th
141 - Lee 1st , Red 6th
157 - Lee 6th
285 - Parris 2nd

No this is most we've had iirc.. We had 2 in the finals and a champ that's ridiculous for the size of our state.

National Qualifiers by state of origin
PA 50
IL 28
OH 27
CA 24

AA's by state of origin (points scored in parentheses)
PA 17 (236)
IL 7 (100.5)
IN 5 (72)

Note sure exactly where IN was on the list of qualifiers (8th, 9th, 10th?), but finishing in the top 3 with All-Americans is pretty impressive

27 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

PA 50
IL 28
OH 27
CA 24

PA 17 (236)
IL 7 (100.5)
IN 5 (72)

Note sure exactly where IN was on the list of qualifiers (8th, 9th, 10th?), but finishing in the top 3 with All-Americans is pretty impressive

13 NQ for IN. Puts them tied for 8th most.

If Micic would have wrestled this year it almost certainly would have been (6) AA's.

You'll have to excuse my late arrival to the NCAA discussion, I was on Spring Break Vacation last week. I got to see Thursday & Friday as it happened, but I didn't get to watch the Saturday action until yesterday.

I am very proud of the way the Indiana boys represented & am extremely elated with Nick Lee's title. I can't help but notice Disco's absence from the celebration. I suppose it is just to difficult to explain how Nick was taken to the 'woodshed' this time around.

On 3/26/2021 at 11:41 PM, SWINfan said:

PA 50
IL 28
OH 27
CA 24

PA 17 (236)
IL 7 (100.5)
IN 5 (72)

There will be more next year too! I think Davison,Hudkins (if healthy) Penola,Asa will be make noise,Allred,Dj Washington (beat national champ Starocci) then add RED,LEE,Parris and B lee and you gotta big big big chance at breaking this New AA  record! 

On 3/26/2021 at 11:41 PM, SWINfan said:

PA 50
IL 28
OH 27
CA 24

PA 17 (236)
IL 7 (100.5)
IN 5 (72)

There will be more next year too! I think Davison,Hudkins (if healthy) Penola,Asa will be make noise,Allred,Dj Washington (beat national champ Starocci) Carson Brewer will be doing big things too..Then add RED,LEE,Parris and B lee and you gotta big big big chance at breaking this New AA  record!