NCAA championship Dl

Heading into Saturday!!

125 - Drew Hildebrandt will square off against #2 seed Sam Latona of VA Tech in the consolation semifinal.  They have not met in college according to Wrestlestat.

141 - Nick Lee will face off against Jaydin Eierman in a rematch of the Big Ten Title match.  #1 vs. #2.  
- Some quick history on these two.  Eierman holds a 3-1 advantage, twice winning in folkstyle and splitting 2 matches in freestyle.  
141 - Chad Red, also in the consolation semifinal, will take on #4 seed Tariq Wilson of NC St.
- Red WBF over Wilson in Dec. 2019 in their only matchup in college.  I'm not aware of any FS matchups.

157 - Brayton Lee will face #1 seed Ryan Deakin in another consolation semifinal match.  
- Deakin owns a 12-0 win over Lee in February of this year

285 - Mason Parris gets a rematch with Gable Steveson for the Title.  Another #1 vs. #2
- Steveson owns 2 collegiate wins over Parris, including a dominating victory 2 weeks ago at the B1G Tournament.

Consolation semifinals begin Saturday morning at 10 am Central Time, followed by the Medal Round.  Hildebrandt, Red, and B. Lee will finish no worse than 6th.  Finals are Saturday night and the 2 matches featuring Nick Lee and Mason Parris are not to be missed!

Indiana has represented well hope we can bring home a championship!

Another wrestler that piques my interest is A.J. Ferrari from Okie St. I'm not saying I'm a fan and I'm not saying I don't like the guy but he's definitely turning heads! He is a true freshman in the finals at 197 and runs his mouth like he can beat the world! I guess you have to have that attitude that you can beat the world to wrestle competitively in college but to run your mouth while doing it can be very dangerous for freshman I would assume! Especially if Steveson ever gets a hold of him, Ferrari made some comments to Jordan Burroughs and Steveson that were politically charged. Burroughs did not respond but there was a bit of back and forth with Steveson. Steveson made it clear that Ferrari should stay away from HWT and that Steveson would end his career. Of all the people to pi$$ off Steveson would be way down on my list, should be interesting should these two be in the same area while warming up or something.

Edited by Ahawkeye

2 hours ago, Ahawkeye said:

Indiana has represented well hope we can bring home a championship!

Another wrestler that piques my interest is A.J. Ferrari from Okie St. I'm not saying I'm a fan and I'm not saying I don't like the guy but he's definitely turning heads! He is a true freshman in the finals at 197 and runs his mouth like he can beat the world! I guess you have to have that attitude that you can beat the world to wrestle competitively in college but to run your mouth while doing it can be very dangerous for freshman I would assume! Especially if Steveson ever gets a hold of him, Ferrari made some comments to Jordan Burroughs and Steveson that were politically charged. Burroughs did not respond but there was a bit of back and forth with Steveson. Steveson made it clear that Ferrari should stay away from HWT and that Steveson would end his career. Of all the people to pi$$ off Steveson would be way down on my list, should be interesting should these two be in the same area while warming up or something.

In ferraris defense gables a hypocrite, he runs his mouth and acts just more immature then AJ all the time then wanted to start stuff with Ferrari... AJ right now is way to small and young to match up with gable but don't forget the last time Gable had trouble was when a Italian kid grew into HW and took it to him.. Gable is the last person to try to claim some moral high ground, he beats a unranked guy and goes all WWE, but heaven forbid a true freshman does well... Everybody wanted to pile on AJ saying he's never done nothing in the sport yada yada yada,l before the session, but technically ferrari did more than Gable as a freshman as of now.

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

1 minute ago, Ahawkeye said:

I am not as informed on such things as you are but I do find Ferrari very interesting. I can't wait to see what happens in his finals match. Running his mouth ir not, a true froshmen in the finals at 197 is quite a feat.

The kid gets a ton of hate online.. Anytime his dad posts videos of him lifting or anything these grown men of all ages start bashing him and trying to act like they're special, for instance in a video he's squatting nearly 700 pounds and there's all these pseudo power lifting coaches bashing him left and right, I told them all off honestly, nothing gets to me worse than seeing ppl trash a kid for being confident when in turn they're being a million times worse with the crap they're saying, but"they can't stand his cocky ways" while at the same time they are wishing ill will on him... Him and his 2 brothers are the only ever trinity award winners all in the same year with all 3 winning it.. Both his younger brothers are both studs, one giving our own Mendez epic matches with Mendez winning close matches over Anthony ferrari..I actually like the Ferrari family, regardless of how ppl perceive them and their father has reached out to me thanking me for having his sons back..I don't play that bash on kids crap and will go to bat every time regardless if they're my guy or not.. Their will be another ferrari in OK ST next year as well Anthony...Aj will beat Bonnocorsi tonight and become a national champ! 

I am really impressed by Nick Lee's offense. The kid is always looking to score. It will be interesting to see his gameplay against Eierman since Eierman is a defensive wrestler.

I am really impressed with Chad Red's ability to face adversity and grind out wins. What a performance in the wrestle backs. Red and Lee have represented Indiana well. It's amazing they've both AA'd at 141 three times, wrestle in the same conference but have only wrestled twice in college.

I am a fan of AJ Ferrari.. Not only does he have a cool name but the kid is confidence, puts in the work, and has a bright future. I can see him being the next Brock Lesnar in regards to fame (WWE, UFC). He should win tonight.

The quiet career of Drew Hildebrandt is impressive. I believe he would have made the finals with the any draw on the bottom of the bracket. I look for him to take third.

The Brayton Lee and Deakin match will be fun. Deakin was supposed to be a lock for a title this year but was pinned in the semi's. He's got to be emotional coming into today. Will he come out and destroy B Lee or will he be in the right mindset coming off the upset? 

3 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Can't remember being so vocal for a match.  My wife, cat and dog were all looking at my like I was nuts!!

Congrats Nick Lee, National Champion!

My wife asked me if I had money on the match since I was moving around so much.  No but when you’ve seen someone work at a craft since elementary and have had several good conversations with his dad over the years you have a little more vested interest in the outcome.

Edited by MattM

2 minutes ago, MattM said:

My wife asked me if I had money on the match since I was moving around so much.  No but when you’ve seen someone compete since they were in elementary and have had several good conversations with his dad over the years you have a little more vested interest in the outcome.

I said almost the same thing, minus the conversations with his dad.  Told my wife I've been watching him since 8th grade

2 minutes ago, Ch1StyleZ84 said:

Damnnnn!! Nick and Penn State came to brawl today. That was a HUGE win for Shooting Starocci. I’ve been very impressed with him all season

Penn State at least showing Iowa it won’t have a walk to a second team title next season.  Caels new wave of young talent would like multiple titles too.   

Edited by MattM

9 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Damn, Carter Starocci beats Kemerer for Penn State's 3rd Title of the night!   Aaron Brooks up to try and make it 4 for 4 for the Nittany Lions

4 titles maybe a record for a team runner-up.  Strong statement for next year. 

11 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

The kid gets a ton of hate online.. Anytime his dad posts videos of him lifting or anything these grown men of all ages start bashing him and trying to act like they're special, for instance in a video he's squatting nearly 700 pounds and there's all these pseudo power lifting coaches bashing him left and right, I told them all off honestly, nothing gets to me worse than seeing ppl trash a kid for being confident when in turn they're being a million times worse with the crap they're saying, but"they can't stand his cocky ways" while at the same time they are wishing ill will on him... Him and his 2 brothers are the only ever trinity award winners all in the same year with all 3 winning it.. Both his younger brothers are both studs, one giving our own Mendez epic matches with Mendez winning close matches over Anthony ferrari..I actually like the Ferrari family, regardless of how ppl perceive them and their father has reached out to me thanking me for having his sons back..I don't play that bash on kids crap and will go to bat every time regardless if they're my guy or not.. Their will be another ferrari in OK ST next year as well Anthony...Aj will beat Bonnocorsi tonight and become a national champ! 

Enjoy watching that young man. His confidence is through the roof and he lets everyone know it. Loves the 🎥 and is well spoken. Giving a hint that he may be going heavyweight will be fun. Definitely a bright future. 

39 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Damn, Carter Starocci beats Kemerer for Penn State's 3rd Title of the night!   Aaron Brooks up to try and make it 4 for 4 for the Nittany Lions

And he does it. Also worth noting, thus far he’s the only 1 seed to win it all. But that’s about to change