NCAA championship Dl

Cayden Rooks to lead it off for the Indiana contingent, wrestling in the prelim match on Mat 3.

Note: ESPN3 also has a Multi-View with all 8 mats on one screen.  They are so small, I don't see it as being much better than the Track Dashboard, but to each their own.

Rooks with a great effort, dominating on his feet and advancing with a 10-1 major.

Drew Hildebrandt follows with a 3-0 decision to advance

Chad Red uses and early lead to hang on to beat Drew Mattin 7-6 (Track is showing 8-6, but I don't think that is correct)

Nick Lee with a complete dismantling and an 18-0 1st period TF.  Nick's Friday morning match may have gotten a little easier as 7 seed Ian Parker of Iowa State goes down in round 1.

Graham Rooks gave a helluva effort, falling 8-7 to Max Murin of Iowa with a riding time point being the difference.

Cayden Rooks after winning his prelim, got the reward of facing Jaydin Eierman.  Rooks fell by TF,  20-5 

Brayton Lee rides the full 3rd period and the riding time point gives him a 2-0 win.  He'll face a familiar for in Jacori Teemer in the next round.

Edited by SWINfan

4 hours ago, SWINfan said:

Rooks with a great effort, dominating on his feet and advancing with a 10-1 major.

Drew Hildebrandt follows with a 3-0 decision to advance

Chad Red uses and early lead to hang on to beat Drew Mattin 7-6 (Track is showing 8-6, but I don't think that is correct)

Nick Lee with a complete dismantling and an 18-0 1st period TF.  Nick's Friday morning match may have gotten a little easier as 7 seed Ian Parker of Iowa State goes down in round 1.

Graham Rooks gave a helluva effort, falling 8-7 to Max Murin of Iowa with a riding time point being the difference.

Cayden Rooks after winning his prelim, got the reward of facing Jaydin Eierman.  Rooks fell by TF,  20-5 

Brayton Lee rides the full 3rd period and the riding time point gives him a 2-0 win.  He'll face a familiar for in Jacori Teemer in the next round.

I think round 2 session 1 starts tonight at 6

1st Round for the big guys....   Started watching late, so if I missed anyone, I apologize.

165 - Joe Lee drops an 8-1 decision to Travis Wittlake of OK State.  Can one win in the consis boost his confidence enough to make a run on the backend?

174 - Donnell Washington squeaked out a 5-3 decision over Minnesota's Jake Allar
       - Drew Hughes won his prelim match 7-1, then lost by TF to #1 seed Jake Kemerer

197 - Thomas Penola got a nice 6-4 win over Greg Bulsak of Clarion
       - Lucas Davison did the same winning 8-3 over Marcus Coleman

285 - Mason Parris gets the fall over Andrew Gunning of UNC

I feel like I missed someone.....

Matchups - 2nd Round/1st round of Consis - Two sessions this evening

125 - Drew Hildebrandt (4) vs. Liam Cronin (13), Nebraska

141 - Chad Red (8) vs. Dresdon Simon (9), Central Michigan
141 - Nick Lee (2) vs. Clay Carlson (15), South Dakota St
141 Consis - Cayden Rooks (32) vs. McKenzie Bell (17), Rider

149 Consis - Graham Rooks (21) vs. Peyton Omania (28), Michigan State - look out for the headlock!  

157 - Brayton Lee (6) vs. Jacori Teemer (11), Arizona St

165 Consis - Joe Lee (23) vs. Andrew Nicholson (26), Chattanooga

174 - Donnell Washington (9) vs. Daniel Bullard (8), NC State
174 Consis - Drew Hughes (32) vs. Clay Lautt (16), North Carolina

197 - Lucas Davison (12) vs. Jacob Warner (5), Iowa
197 - Thomas Penola (19) vs. Kendall Norfleet (3), Arizona St

285 - Mason Parris (2) vs. Carter Isley (15), Northern Iowa

39 minutes ago, nk140 said:

Wow Heil from Campbell got screwed because the clock didnt start.  Then they run it back and Lewellan got the 2 TD.  You got to feel for Heil.  He won that match.

That was one of the worst calls I’ve ever seen.  You can literally run a stop watch and figure out the time.  

Some Thursday evening results....

125 - Drew Hildebrandt advances to the Quarters with a 2-1 dec over Liam Cronin

141 - Cayden Rooks gets a 6-1 dec. He'll face Clay Carlson of SD St
141 - Chad Red drops a 6-3 dec to Dresdon Simon to put a damper on his Birthday.  He'll face 7 seed Ian Parker next, who fell in the 1st round.  I believe they are 1-1 against each other.
141 - Nick Lee with a 14-3 major over Clay Carlson.  Lee faces Zach Sherman in the Quarters.

149 - Graham Rooks beats Omania 9-1 and will face Kanen Storr next

157 - Brayton Lee advances with a tight 4-3 win over Jacori Teemer and will face David Carr in the Quarters

24 minutes ago, mikemorgan said:

That was one of the worst calls I’ve ever seen.  You can literally run a stop watch and figure out the time.  

I honestly think on the restart Heil thought there was a second or two left not the full 7 seconds.  The commentators even ran a stop watch and said 6.9 of the 7 ran off.  No way they should have put 7 back.

14 minutes ago, mikemorgan said:

The Head of Officials explanation of it was weak as hell too.  No backbone.  To say there is no way to be exact and that they had to go back and redo the full 7 seconds is spineless.  They have the technology to figure it out.  Even if they were off by a second, it's better than being off 7 seconds.  OK St got a real gift

Wow that ref in DJ's match wasn't very good either.  Maybe the camera angle was off but it is a cylinder not a flat circle.  He called the out of bound when Djs feet left the ground.

Edited by nk140

1 hour ago, SWINfan said:

The Head of Officials explanation of it was weak as hell too.  No backbone.  To say there is no way to be exact and that they had to go back and redo the full 7 seconds is spineless.  They have the technology to figure it out.  Even if they were off by a second, it's better than being off 7 seconds.  OK St got a real gift

Yep. There is a very high likelihood that the video replay has a time stamp. Typically, anything that is recorded and archived like that does. Just check the time stamps and you have your answer (which wasb6 seconds, btw).

More Thursday night results....

165 - Joe Lee bows out of the tourney with a 10-4 loss.  Joe wrestling with no confidence at all.  It appears at time to not know what move to make and when he does, it's more often than not the wrong one.  Will be interesting to see how he bounces back and if he can hold his starting spot next year.

174 - Donnell Washington dropped a 5-3 decision and will face Jackson Turley of Rutgers tomorrow.
174 - Drew Hughes exits after a 10-4 loss to Clay Lautt

197 - Lucas Davison and Tomas Penola both lose by decision and drop to the consis

285 - Mason Parris waltzes to the Quarters, 17-1.  

9 minutes ago, Ahawkeye said:

When are semifinals? NCAA website says semifinals are on ESPN U at 3 and ESPN at 7 are they tape delayed on ESPN and live on the other?

7 pm central tonight

Quarterfinals and consis of 165 - 285 is on now

Wasn't available to post earlier....

All-Americans!

Drew Hildebrandt
Nick Lee - Finals
Chad Red
Brayton Lee 
Mason Parris

Still alive..
Thomas Penola
Edit: TP lost in the blood round falling just short