2019 120lb State Tournament

Going through old results and wow 2 years ago 120 was LOADED!!

1st - Brayden Littell - state champ

2nd - Blake Boarman - 4x placer and state champ

3rd - Brayden Lowery - 4x placer and state champ

4th - Kysen Montgomery - 4x placer and state champ

5th - Riley Bettich - 2x Michigan state champ, 2x indiana placer

6th - Jace Alexander - 2x placer 

7th - Evan Beasley - 1x placer

8th - William finnearty - 1x placer

Carson eldred - 2x placer and runner up lost Friday night to Montgomery

Tyler Conley - 3x Qualifier and 1x placer lost Friday night to Lowery

I think this could be up there with one of the best state brackets of all time... 5 STATE CHAMPS

Overall that’s one tough bracket. But when looking for the toughest bracket ever I see things in slightly different viewpoint.  I mean this with no disrespect to the wrestlers talent, but several of those accomplishments occurred after that years bracket.  In my way of viewing “the toughest bracket ever” I would look for one stacked prior state accomplishments.   These post accomplishment show the wrestler likely had previous skills allowing them to eventually live up to their great potential.  But prior accomplishments show the wrestlers already had already reached high levels of success when they were put in the bracket.  

I've said this before, but there's no other weight that can end up like Caleb's example except 106. Kids are small enough that many of them are getting medals as freshmen and landing tons of high-pressure experience, but they're young enough that there will still be a variety of growth spurts among them to spread them out for taking lots of medals at different weights so that the retrospective collection looks ridiculous. Also because of the size, it's loaded with kids that will prioritize wrestling above other sports and lead to low attrition and experience advantages over their later-years rivals who may have matured earlier and had mixed focus.

You could basically brand 106 the "future stars" division.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.