Parris or Stevenson

4 hours ago, Jayruss said:

Most anticipated match in collegiate wrestling in how many years ?

Paris has a tougher draw than Steveson, he has Cass from Iowa, and Kerk from Penn State. That aside, I think Gable Steveson wins. 

Also for everyone who gets the big ten network, all of the tournament is broadcast live this year. 
I should say all of the front sides of the brackets. Session 3 ,back side ,will only be streamed. 

On 3/6/2021 at 12:20 AM, Jayruss said:

Most anticipated match in collegiate wrestling in how many years ?

Uh - one year.

They wrestled in the B1G finals last year.

Not to mention, Joseph/Marinelli last year.

And what about Lee/Eierman this year as well. Eierman looks huge for a 141 lber.

Edited by SIACfan

1 hour ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

That was ugly, Parris seemed really out of sorts and gable hammered him.

Gable not only is a little more athletic, which almost seems impossible, and has years more wrestling experience than our home state boy. Experience will be Paris’s benefit in a few years. He is still a wrestler in the making. 

13 hours ago, Disco said:

Gable not only is a little more athletic, which almost seems impossible, and has years more wrestling experience than our home state boy. Experience will be Paris’s benefit in a few years. He is still a wrestler in the making. 

It was a closer match last year.  Gable seems to score whenever he feels like it.  I think he is not just a little more athletic, he is a lot more athletic.  And as strong as mason is, Gable seems to be at least as strong.  They've wrestled 2x now and the only TD mason has gotten was a meaningless TD at the end of the match last year.  I don't see this result getting reversed anytime soon, unfortunately.

On 3/8/2021 at 10:00 AM, ReformedPoster said:

It was a closer match last year.  Gable seems to score whenever he feels like it.  I think he is not just a little more athletic, he is a lot more athletic.  And as strong as mason is, Gable seems to be at least as strong.  They've wrestled 2x now and the only TD mason has gotten was a meaningless TD at the end of the match last year.  I don't see this result getting reversed anytime soon, unfortunately.

Agree. Not sure exactly how much more athletic he is, but the sharpness of his skills make it look like time is standing still for everyone but him. I'll be very surprised at this point if he's not our guy for Tokyo and I'd give him a chance at Olympic gold for sure. I wouldn't have had the same opinion 2 years ago. Even as good as he's always been, his progress the last 2 years is giant.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2021 at 12:42 PM, SIACfan said:

Uh - one year.

They wrestled in the B1G finals last year.

Not to mention, Joseph/Marinelli last year.

And what about Lee/Eierman this year as well. Eierman looks huge for a 141 lber.

Eierman looks gigantic.  Made nick look like a 25lber.  I really thought this was nicks year. Man eierman is nasty. 

23 hours ago, navy80 said:

Galbe is scary good. He is Tier 1 by himself.

Mason is Tier 2 all by himself.

Tier 3.. everyone else.

Tier 3 would be a handfull of guys , Cassioppi , Kerk , Hilger Etc . Tier 4 is everyone else .