Biggest Rivalries

1 hour ago, Ahawkeye said:

Start the Springsteen Glory Days song......Early 90's EMD and Lawrence North had all out wars. FCfighter170 and casualwrestlingfan probably remember the Indiana's Best tournament back in the 90's. Absolute WAR! I think they'd invite the top 5 or six teams and everyone would wrestle everyone. There were no brackets so there was no hiding. It was at MD one time I can't remember if i was a frosh or soph. I do know my only shot at wrestling in that tournament was my senior year in 94/95 we got a ton of snow and did not make the trip. We were in the practice room when the decision was made to not go, we showered and met at Pizza Hut, I stuffed my face full of pizza and was probably sick after that. We probably would gave been a better team had we been able to make the trip but we DID bond quite well that afternoon. We won state that year thanks to our 6 qualifiers one state champ a runner up and several placers. Man those were the days! Wish I was still in that good of shape 😅!

I may have been to the state finals in the real early 90s but not much memory. Anything 96/97 and after I can remember better. (Born in Dec of 90)

On 3/6/2021 at 7:07 PM, Ahawkeye said:

Start the Springsteen Glory Days song......Early 90's EMD and Lawrence North had all out wars. FCfighter170 and casualwrestlingfan probably remember the Indiana's Best tournament back in the 90's. Absolute WAR! I think they'd invite the top 5 or six teams and everyone would wrestle everyone. There were no brackets so there was no hiding. It was at MD one time I can't remember if i was a frosh or soph. I do know my only shot at wrestling in that tournament was my senior year in 94/95 we got a ton of snow and did not make the trip. We were in the practice room when the decision was made to not go, we showered and met at Pizza Hut, I stuffed my face full of pizza and was probably sick after that. We probably would have been a better team had we been able to make the trip but we DID bond quite well that afternoon. We won state that year thanks to our 6 qualifiers one state champ a runner up and several placers. Man those were the days! Wish I was still in that good of shape 😅!

Indiana's Best was at LN in 91 and 92.  MD hosted in 93 I believe.  The line up in 91 and 92 was MD, LN, Muncie South and Franklin County.  LN beat MD 27-21 in 91 and MD reversed that in 92 by an identical 27-21 score.

On 3/5/2021 at 10:30 AM, Ed Pendoski said:

Bradbury vs Ramos happened 13 times in a two year period with the last one being in the state finals.

Bradbury was 0-13 vs Ramos....and we thought we were going to beat him every time.  I think Bradbury was winning in the third period 5 or 6 times in their 13 match rivalry.  

We have state champ paintings up in the wrestling room at Hobart, and Ramos didn't want the painting to have Bradbury in it, as a sign of respect; however, the painter went with a picture of Ramos against Bobby Joe, so now the whole Maldonado family has even more reason to want to kick our butts. 

On 3/5/2021 at 1:52 PM, Y2CJ41 said:

Even better Alex Tsirtsis and Tony Reiser!

Calumet and Griffith a bunch over 2 years, (harvest, triacoff, dual, lake county, conference duals, conference individual, sectional, regional) Tony didn’t wrestle him ever time but wrestled him a lot. Like all of Alex’s opponents in high school, my brother was winless against him. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.