197 LBS.
5. Lucas Davison, Northwestern
6. Thomas Penola, Purdue
13. Nick Willham, Indiana

285 LBS.
2. Mason Parris, Michigan
12. Dorian Keys, Purdue
13. Rudy Streck, Indiana

Also if we want to count Jake Tucker and Gable Steveson as being from Indiana.

On 3/2/2021 at 9:37 PM, Ch1StyleZ84 said:

I'm going to make a very bold prediction and say that it will be an all Hoosier final at 141 with Lee over Red 9-6. And call me overly optimistic, but I also think we will have 2 Hoosier champs in Lee and Parris.

If you have a way to stop Red from attempting a head inside single against Eierman, please share it with him.

38 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Red took Eirman down in the first meeting. Red shows up in March for sure.

Red got a take down in the first on a double leg. But then he tried three inside singles. First time Eierman used it to try and tie up a cradle, stalemate. Second time Eierman gets the cradle and almost to pin before Red is able to wiggle out, 4 points for Eierman. Third time Eierman works for the cradle and gets behind instead, 2 more for Eierman. 

I stick with my original statement. If you can get Red to avoid attempting the inside single against the guy who invites the inside single so he can cradle you up, then that would go a long way toward Red pulling the upset. If he keeps shooting that inside single on Eierman I just don't see how he can win.

14 hours ago, wrestlenewbie said:

Red got a take down in the first on a double leg. But then he tried three inside singles. First time Eierman used it to try and tie up a cradle, stalemate. Second time Eierman gets the cradle and almost to pin before Red is able to wiggle out, 4 points for Eierman. Third time Eierman works for the cradle and gets behind instead, 2 more for Eierman. 

I stick with my original statement. If you can get Red to avoid attempting the inside single against the guy who invites the inside single so he can cradle you up, then that would go a long way toward Red pulling the upset. If he keeps shooting that inside single on Eierman I just don't see how he can win.

He's got to finish up on the feet and change off to his double.. Eierman loves baiting ppl into taking that leg and trying to crack him down and get in funky scrambles on the mat.. With Eierman and Yianni you'll never finish singles down on the mat to have lift and get to your double up on the feet imho.

On 3/3/2021 at 11:43 AM, MattM said:

If the seeds do hold then Paris has one of the tougher roads to get to a Big10 title.

Yes, the likely lineup for Mason will be:

Kerkvliet

Cassioppi

Steveson

It is going to be entertaining at the very least. Looking forward to seeing how Kerkvliet stacks up against the B1G boys.

9 hours ago, bigballerb said:

Anyone know why asa and Hoffman haven’t been wrestling. Asa looked really good against medley and i figured Hoffman would see the lineup after transferring to IU. I’m assuming hudkins is hurt again, which is unfortunate.

I can only guess some injury issues for all. Hoffman is a mystery, he never saw a match. But maybe he couldn’t break the line up?

On 3/5/2021 at 8:36 AM, SIACfan said:

Yes, the likely lineup for Mason will be:

Kerkvliet

Cassioppi

Steveson

It is going to be entertaining at the very least. Looking forward to seeing how Kerkvliet stacks up against the B1G boys.

Kerk isn't quite at the level everybody assumed he was at.  Mason manhandled him and then Cassioppi beat him 9-0 for 3rd place.  While Mason's draw looked tough on paper, he made it look easy until the final.  Gable is way ahead of Mason, who is miles ahead of Cass and Kerk.

4 minutes ago, ReformedPoster said:

Kerk isn't quite at the level everybody assumed he was at.  Mason manhandled him and then Cassioppi beat him 9-0 for 3rd place.  While Mason's draw looked tough on paper, he made it look easy until the final.  Gable is way ahead of Mason, who is miles ahead of Cass and Kerk.

Yeah it appears there is almost as big a gap between Steveson & Parris as there is from Parris to the rest of the field.

And as I said before, I was interested to see how Kerkvliet would stack up. I have a feeling we might see a big improvement from his Freshman to Sophomore year similar to what we saw from Mason.

Lastly Mason did make his run to the finals look easy, but it was significantly more difficult than the road Gable had. But Steveson proved it isn't going to matter who you put out there with him.

On 3/8/2021 at 8:35 AM, SIACfan said:

Yeah it appears there is almost as big a gap between Steveson & Parris as there is from Parris to the rest of the field.

And as I said before, I was interested to see how Kerkvliet would stack up. I have a feeling we might see a big improvement from his Freshman to Sophomore year similar to what we saw from Mason.

Lastly Mason did make his run to the finals look easy, but it was significantly more difficult than the road Gable had. But Steveson proved it isn't going to matter who you put out there with him.

Agree. Kerkvliet will be nasty the next few years if he gets bigger and in top condition. Despite the losses, he looked really dangerous. Possibly as good as true freshman Parris, but with more skills. So crazy the depth we've got in the US at that weight. Parris will soon, if not already, be one of the top 5 heavies in the world and Steveson's miles ahead with Kerkvliet on his way up the ladder soon.