Freshman/sophmore state big matches

FCFIGHTER170

2 hours ago, wrestlingfan9802 said:

220lb Final between Jakkarey Oliver (Whiteland) and Chance Harris (Ft. Wayne Concordia) was an exciting match, went into Tie Breaker 1. Harris went for the takedown to try and end it but slipped a little and allowed Oliver to get around behind him, but it was a good match. They were both Semistate Ticket rounders from opposite ends of the state. 

Oliver is very solid. My son lost to him in the semifinal 7-6. His defense is tough to penetrate. Beck, New, and Harris all had great runs at 220 as well. Great group of under classmen that will be fun to watch the next couple of years.

Edited by RKCross
Typo

I think I've gone every year for at least a day since this tournament started. It's crazy to look back at the kids who placed at it the first few years and see how many ended up at state or placing in the IHSAA finals. Haven't done the math, but it's a who's who of HS wrestling.

A few thoughts overall:

-Sheridan has a couple young big boys in Johnson and Cross that are going to make an already tough sectional even tougher at those upper weights.

-Owen Valley really impressed me. I haven't seen too many OV singlets the past several years, but they not only came out in full numbers but also had several bigger guys that were very talented and tough! Someone's doing something right over there for sure!

-Rider Searcy from East Central (138) is a little less technical than his teammate Bryar Hall, but every bit as dangerous. Kid just does things and doesn't know the meaning of "half measures", only full sends from him. He'll be right in the thick of state qualifications/medals these next couple of years.

-Columbus East is not a flash in the pan program (I think that was obvious given the past 6-7 years, but thought I'd reaffirm it). I think as long as that staff is there, Columbus East will have multiple placers and young men under the lights. Brought double digit kids and placed nearly that many.

-Trevor Hott of Martinsville was lights out all weekend at 113. He wrestled our very talented 106 when we dualed in the regular season and handled him pretty easily. I was shocked that he didn't qualify this year. He'll be there the next two.

-There were a TON of super athletic heavy weights at the event, but as is usual at that age, most were fairly obviously new to the sport. But give them another year or 2 in their rooms working and we could have one of the most talented HWT classes in a long time when you take into account Brownsburg's Leighton Jones is also a Sophomore. 

-Speaking of which, the Hoosier Crossroads Conference will continue to be a hotbed for Heavyweights. 2019- Dorian Keys (BB) wins state title, Crae Kunkleman (HSE) qualifies (actually beat Keys at conference)

2020-Andrew Irick (HSE) is state runner-up, Dorian Keys takes 3rd, Antone Alexander (Franklin Central) qualifies, Ke-tre Dickens (Avon) qualifies

2021- Leighton Jones (BB) takes 3rd, Alexander takes 6th, Mihailis Platomov (Westfield) takes 7th, 

Next year: Jones and Platomov return, at least a 50/50 chance that Aataeveon Jordan of Franklin Central (8th at 220 this year) is at HWT next year, Dom Burgett (HSE) won Frosh/Soph State and was a ticket rounder this year as a Sophomore, and Ben Decker from Noblesville was a Semi-State qualifier as a Sophomore as well.

I saw many many more talented wrestlers that I didn't have time to look up who they were, but those were some things that stuck out to me over the weekend. The state is certainly not starved for talent moving forward.

7 hours ago, Coach Brobst said:

I think I've gone every year for at least a day since this tournament started. It's crazy to look back at the kids who placed at it the first few years and see how many ended up at state or placing in the IHSAA finals. Haven't done the math, but it's a who's who of HS wrestling.

A few thoughts overall:

-Sheridan has a couple young big boys in Johnson and Cross that are going to make an already tough sectional even tougher at those upper weights.

-Owen Valley really impressed me. I haven't seen too many OV singlets the past several years, but they not only came out in full numbers but also had several bigger guys that were very talented and tough! Someone's doing something right over there for sure!

-Rider Searcy from East Central (138) is a little less technical than his teammate Bryar Hall, but every bit as dangerous. Kid just does things and doesn't know the meaning of "half measures", only full sends from him. He'll be right in the thick of state qualifications/medals these next couple of years.

-Columbus East is not a flash in the pan program (I think that was obvious given the past 6-7 years, but thought I'd reaffirm it). I think as long as that staff is there, Columbus East will have multiple placers and young men under the lights. Brought double digit kids and placed nearly that many.

-Trevor Hott of Martinsville was lights out all weekend at 113. He wrestled our very talented 106 when we dualed in the regular season and handled him pretty easily. I was shocked that he didn't qualify this year. He'll be there the next two.

-There were a TON of super athletic heavy weights at the event, but as is usual at that age, most were fairly obviously new to the sport. But give them another year or 2 in their rooms working and we could have one of the most talented HWT classes in a long time when you take into account Brownsburg's Leighton Jones is also a Sophomore. 

-Speaking of which, the Hoosier Crossroads Conference will continue to be a hotbed for Heavyweights. 2019- Dorian Keys (BB) wins state title, Crae Kunkleman (HSE) qualifies (actually beat Keys at conference)

2020-Andrew Irick (HSE) is state runner-up, Dorian Keys takes 3rd, Antone Alexander (Franklin Central) qualifies, Ke-tre Dickens (Avon) qualifies

2021- Leighton Jones (BB) takes 3rd, Alexander takes 6th, Mihailis Platomov (Westfield) takes 7th, 

Next year: Jones and Platomov return, at least a 50/50 chance that Aataeveon Jordan of Franklin Central (8th at 220 this year) is at HWT next year, Dom Burgett (HSE) won Frosh/Soph State and was a ticket rounder this year as a Sophomore, and Ben Decker from Noblesville was a Semi-State qualifier as a Sophomore as well.

I saw many many more talented wrestlers that I didn't have time to look up who they were, but those were some things that stuck out to me over the weekend. The state is certainly not starved for talent moving forward.

Last year's 126 champ Ruhlman was in the state finals vs Mendez..

Last year's 132 champ Devin Frazier was a SQ this year..

There's been so many killers come though this tournament it's hard to list them all.. When SSQ /ticket rounders aren't placing it speaks to the level of comp here.. I've seen numerous state champs/runner ups come through there..ppl really need to get their kids there it's a great measuring stick and tournament to get the off season going!

Looking back on last year  Freshman/Sophomore State.  106 had 11 kids who were state qualifiers or better this year. 

1st Evan Dickey

2nd Jeffery Bailey

3rd Keaton Morton

4th Isaac Ward 

5th Nathan Smith

7th Braxton Vest

Did not place Krueger, Seng, Billerman, Ashton Jackson, Mallott

Mo Omenode Was a Runner up here, 2c state champ Allred won this TOURNAMENT, Eventual State runner up and IU stater Nick Willham placed here, State champ a Carson Brewer won it, Multiple time placer Kyle Cornwell won it, There's been top 8s here that have 5 Sq/placers the following year.. Look at this top 6

Frosh-Soph - 132

Guaranteed Places

• 1st Place - Lj Burdon of Plainfield
  • 2nd Place - Jarred Rowlett of Warren WA
  • 3rd Place - Jorden Douglass of Attica
  • 4th Place - Christopher Wilkerson of Mount Vernon (Fortville)
  • 5th Place - Hayden Lohrey of Shenandoah
  • 6th Place - Gabe Pitzulo of Indian Creek

8 minutes ago, Coach Coop said:

Looking back on last year  Freshman/Sophomore State.  106 had 11 kids who were state qualifiers or better this year. 

1st Evan Dickey

2nd Jeffery Bailey

3rd Keaton Morton

4th Isaac Ward 

5th Nathan Smith

7th Braxton Vest

Did not place Krueger, Seng, Billerman, Ashton Jackson, Mallott

Exactly, it's loaded every year!

Look at this LOADED Weight

Frosh-Soph - 160

Guaranteed Places

1st Place - Carson Brewer of Avon

2nd Place - Jacob Atkins of South Bend Riley

3rd Place - Nick Willham of Greenwood

4th Place - Ellisston Ross of Bloomington South WC

5th Place - Jake Lone of Northwood

6th Place - Hunter Dickmeyer of Columbus East

7th Place - Austin Lane of Perry Meridian WC

8th Place - Nolan Wampler of Bloomington Elite

Another state Champ here and 2 state runner ups .. Thr first year alone there was 4 eventual state champs there and multiple runner ups.. Dozens of state placers and qualifiers too.. This doesn't count the studs that didn't place..

Frosh-Soph - 195

Guaranteed Places

1st Place - A.j. Fowler of Calumet

2nd Place - Tremor Bynum of Arabian Wrestling

3rd Place - Destin Hardy of North Knox

4th Place - Dakari Kenney of Pike

5th Place - Andrew Irick of HSE WC

6th Place - Kevin Hartman of Angola

7th Place - William Crider of River City WC

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

9 minutes ago, Wrestlewatcher01 said:

I was really surprised/shocked at the 120 class...i didn't know alot of the names but I had my pick with aden reyes...I think he took 5th or 6th... not saying this to shame him anyway at all but to show just how talented that class was

25-1 ticket rounder Gavyn whitehead went 1-2 and didn't even place..120 was really tough..I have a feeling we'll see a ton of these kids highly ranked next year and tons of them at SS/state finals.. There's no reason a kid shouldn't wrestle in this tournament unless they're not permitted aka placed at IHSAA state..imho they should still let them placers compete, it will only make everybody better in the end.. I'm glad my guys were tested and we were able to place 3of the 4 we had there.

1 hour ago, Wrestlewatcher01 said:

Can someone provide a list of all the winners please,  and if possible whatever u know about each winner if anything, just wanting to learn more about our up and comer

Tournament Resul

Function

Frosh-Soph - 106

Guaranteed Place

1st Place - Preston Haines of Red Cobra W

2nd Place - Jackson Heaston of Indian Cree

3rd Place - Jalen May of Per

4th Place - Luke Rioux of Avo

5th Place - Charlie LaRocca of Center Grov

6th Place - Braden Getz of Rebel Wrestling Foundatio

7th Place - Isaiah Fye of Alexandria Monro

8th Place - Kaleb Salazar of Wawase

1st Place Match

Preston Haines (Red Cobra WA) won by decision over Jackson Heaston (Indian Creek) (Dec 3-0

3rd Place Match

Jalen May (Peru) won by decision over Luke Rioux (Avon) (Dec 4-1

5th Place Match

Charlie LaRocca (Center Grove) won by decision over Braden Getz (Rebel Wrestling Foundation) (Dec 4-2

7th Place Match

Isaiah Fye (Alexandria Monroe) won by fall over Kaleb Salazar (Wawasee) (Fall 0:54

Frosh-Soph - 113

Guaranteed Place

1st Place - Trevor Hott of Martinsvill

2nd Place - Chris Bohn of Munster High School

3rd Place - Brysen Hutt of Columbus North

4th Place - Isaiah Mccue of Angola High School

5th Place - Logan Bickel of Cascade

6th Place - Lucas Bechert of Franklin Community

7th Place - Cameron Volz of Greenfield Central

8th Place - Isaac Khun of Hamilton Heights

1st Place Match

Trevor Hott (Martinsville) won by decision over Chris Bohn (Munster High School) (Dec 5-3

3rd Place Matc

Brysen Hutt (Columbus North) won by fall over Isaiah Mccue (Angola High School) (Fall 3:31

5th Place Match

Logan Bickel (Cascade) won by major decision over Lucas Bechert (Franklin Community) (Maj 12-3

7th Place Match

Cameron Volz (Greenfield Central) won by decision over Isaac Khun (Hamilton Heights) (Dec 6-5

Frosh-Soph - 120

Guaranteed Place

1st Place - Bryce Denton of Penn

2nd Place - Kelby Glenn of Tell City

3rd Place - Griffin Ingalls of Fishers

4th Place - Waylon Frazee of Fountain Central

5th Place - Odin Fortune of Evansville F.j. Reitz

6th Place - Aden Reyes of Indianapolis Cathedral

7th Place - Hyatt Yeager of Center Grove

8th Place - Tyler Vanover of Evansville Mater Dei

1st Place Match

Bryce Denton (Penn) won by decision over Kelby Glenn (Tell City.) (Dec 9-6

3rd Place Match

Griffin Ingalls (Fishers) won by fall over Waylon Frazee (Fountain Central) (Fall 1:55

5th Place Match

Odin Fortune (Evansville F.j. Reitz) won by injury default over Aden Reyes (Indianapolis Cathedral) (Inj. 0:00

7th Place Match

Hyatt Yeager (Center Grove) won by decision over Tyler Vanover (Evansville Mater Dei) (Dec 7-0

Frosh-Soph - 126

Guaranteed Place

1st Place - Wyatt Krejsa of Red Cobra W

2nd Place - Brayden Lain of Tell City

3rd Place - Joshua Johnson of Red Cobra Wc

4th Place - Caleb Wyss of Franklin Community

5th Place - Branson Weaver of Owen Valle

6th Place - Lane Faulkenberg of Monrovi

7th Place - Caleb Solomey of Kankakee Valle

8th Place - Jayden Jett of Cowa

1st Place Matc

Wyatt Krejsa (Red Cobra WA) won by fall over Brayden Lain (Tell City.) (Fall 0:47

3rd Place Match

Joshua Johnson (Red Cobra WA) won by decision over Caleb Wyss (Franklin Community) (Dec 6-3

5th Place Match

Branson Weaver (Owen Valley) won by major decision over Lane Faulkenberg (Monrovia) (Maj 15-4

7th Place Match

Caleb Solomey (Kankakee Valley) won by major decision over Jayden Jett (Cowan) (Maj 13-0

Frosh-Soph - 132

Guaranteed Place

1st Place - Brevan Thrine of New Castle

2nd Place - Cameron Clark of Jay County

3rd Place - Keegan Williams of Evansville Reitz Memorial

4th Place - Braedon Spears of Plainfield

5th Place - Max McGinley of Indianapolis Cathedral

6th Place - Braxton Miller of DeKalb

7th Place - Armon Hairopoulos of Goshen wrestling club

8th Place - Gage Gulley of Legends of Gold

1st Place Matc

Brevan Thrine (New Castle) won in sudden victory - 1 over Cameron Clark (Jay County) (SV-1 2-0)

3rd Place Match

Keegan Williams (Evansville Reitz Memorial) won by decision over Braedon Spears (Plainfield) (Dec 2-0

5th Place Match

Max McGinley (Indianapolis Cathedral) won in sudden victory - 1 over Braxton Miller (DeKalb) (SV-1 9-7

7th Place Match

Armon Hairopoulos (Goshen wrestling club) won by fall over Gage Gulley (Legends of Gold) (Fall 1:58

Frosh-Soph - 138

Guaranteed Place

1st Place - Rider Searcy of East Centra

2nd Place - Jadyn Gilbert of Garrett

3rd Place - Mitchell Betz of Western

4th Place - Gabriel Bragg of Indianapolis Cathedr

5th Place - Zach Lang of Hamilton Southeastern

6th Place - Wesley Harper of Pen

7th Place - Kaden McConnell of Center Grove

8th Place - Jackson Todd of Red Cobra W

1st Place Match

Rider Searcy (East Central) won by fall over Jadyn Gilbert (Garrett) (Fall 2:29

3rd Place Match

Mitchell Betz (Western) won by decision over Gabriel Bragg (Indianapolis Cathedral) (Dec 5-1

5th Place Match

Zach Lang (Hamilton Southeastern) won by forfeit over Wesley Harper (Penn) (FF

7th Place Match

Kaden McConnell (Center Grove) won by fall over Jackson Todd (Red Cobra WA) (Fall 2:30

Frosh-Soph - 145

Guaranteed Place

1st Place - Tyce DuPont of Tell City

2nd Place - Kenneth Bisping of Lowel

3rd Place - Wayne Wells IV of Garret

4th Place - Brenden Chew of Heritage Hill

5th Place - Colton Lippe of Mt. Verno

6th Place - Greyson Gard of Rochester Communit

7th Place - Jon Eberhart of New Castle

8th Place - Andre Merritt of Whiteland

1st Place Match

Tyce DuPont (Tell City.) won by decision over Kenneth Bisping (Lowell) (Dec 4-3

3rd Place Match

Wayne Wells IV (Garrett) won by fall over Brenden Chew (Heritage Hills) (Fall 0:22

5th Place Match

Colton Lippe (Mt. Vernon) won by decision over Greyson Gard (Rochester Community) (Dec 4-3

7th Place Match

Jon Eberhart (New Castle) won by decision over Andre Merritt (Whiteland) (Dec 7-3

FR-SO Girls - 106

Guaranteed Place

1st Place - Makenize Smith of Heritage Hill

2nd Place - Paola Villarruel of Griffith Wrestling Club

3rd Place - Kirsten Cortez of Lake Central

4th Place - Kylie Smith-Foster of Greenfield Central

5th Place - Mitzy Arizmendi of Attic

1st Place Match

Makenize Smith (Heritage Hills) won by fall over Paola Villarruel (Griffith Wrestling Club) (Fall 0:30

3rd Place Match

Kirsten Cortez (Lake Central) won by major decision over Kylie Smith-Foster (Greenfield Central) (Maj 12-1

5th Place Match

Mitzy Arizmendi (Attica) received a bye () (Bye

7th Place Match

() received a bye () (Bye

FR-SO Girls - 113

Guaranteed Place

1st Place - Olivia Rayson of Boone Grove

2nd Place - Campbell Pekny of Frontier High School

3rd Place - Madison Dolkey of North Knox

Round 

Campbell Pekny (Frontier High School) received a bye () (Bye

Olivia Rayson (Boone Grove) won by decision over Madison Dolkey (North Knox) (Dec 7-0

Round 

Campbell Pekny (Frontier High School) won by decision over Madison Dolkey (North Knox) (Dec 7-1

Olivia Rayson (Boone Grove) received a bye () (Bye

Round 

Olivia Rayson (Boone Grove) won in sudden victory - 1 over Campbell Pekny (Frontier High School) (SV-1 4-2

Madison Dolkey (North Knox) received a bye () (Bye

FR-SO Girls - 120

Guaranteed Place

1st Place - Sydney DeLois of New Palestine Dragon

2nd Place - Jaydn Geller of Rochester Community

3rd Place - Rose Kaplan of West Lafayett

4th Place - Phoebe Deowty of Indian Cree

5th Place - Madison Sims of Valparaiso

6th Place - Rebecca Snider of Southridge

7th Place - Aubrey Burns of North Miami High Schoo

1st Place Match

Sydney DeLois (New Palestine Dragons) won by fall over Jaydn Geller (Rochester Community) (Fall 3:2h2

3rd Place Matc

Rose Kaplan (West Lafayette) won by decision over Phoebe Dowty (Indian Creek) (Dec 4-0

5th Place Match

Madison Sims (Valparaiso) won by fall over Rebecca Snider (Southridge) (Fall 0:53

7th Place Match

Aubrey Burns (North Miami High School) received a bye () (Bye

FR-SO Girls - 126

Guaranteed Place

1st Place - Emma Pillion of Frankfort High Schoo

2nd Place - Hannah Seitzinger of Indian Creek

3rd Place - Emilia Rodriguez of Hamilton Height

4th Place - Jordan Boyd of Warren Central

5th Place - Amelia Westfall of Crown Point

6th Place - Taylor Higley of LaPorte

7th Place - Kateriawi Stephens of North Newton Jr/Sr Highschool

8th Place - Madeline Butterly of Mt. Verno

1st Place Match

Emma Pillion (Frankfort High School) won by fall over Hannah Seitzinger (Indian Creek) (Fall 1:46

3rd Place Match

Emilia Rodriguez (Hamilton Heights) won by fall over Jordan Boyd (Warren Central) (Fall 2:22

5th Place Match

Amelia Westfall (Crown Point) won by fall over Taylor Higley (LaPorte) (Fall 1:58

7th Place Match

Kateriawi Stephens (North Newton Jr/Sr Highschool) won by decision over Madeline Butterly (Mt. Vernon) (Dec 9-5

FR-SO Girls - 132

Guaranteed Place

1st Place - Victoria Kitko of Noblesvill

2nd Place - Kyra Tomlinson of Noblesvill

3rd Place - Brooke Butler of Noblesvill

4th Place - Michie Richards of East Noble HIgh Schoo

Round 

Kyra Tomlinson (Noblesville) won by decision over Brooke Butler (Noblesville) (Dec 11-5

Victoria Kitko (Noblesville) won by fall over Michie Richards (East Noble HIgh School) (Fall 3:26

Round 

Kyra Tomlinson (Noblesville) won by fall over Michie Richards (East Noble HIgh School) (Fall 1:24

Victoria Kitko (Noblesville) won by decision over Brooke Butler (Noblesville) (Dec 7-3

Round 

Victoria Kitko (Noblesville) won by fall over Kyra Tomlinson (Noblesville) (Fall 3:30

Brooke Butler (Noblesville) won by decision over Michie Richards (East Noble HIgh School) (Dec 3-1

FR-SO Girls - 138

Guaranteed Place

1st Place - Aulani Davis of Kokomo Wildkat Wrestling Clu

2nd Place - Josie Hause of Monrovia Bulldog

3rd Place - Ally Zuckschwerdt of Madiso

4th Place - Annie Hahn of Lafayette Jefferso

5th Place - Kayleigh Kirkwood of New Palestine Dragon

6th Place - Tianna Russell of Warren Central

7th Place - Kayleigh Medley of Terre Haute N. Vigo

1st Place Matc

Aulani Davis (Kokomo Wildkat Wrestling Club) won by decision over Josie Hause (Monrovia Bulldogs) (Dec 6-0

3rd Place Match

Ally Zuckschwerdt (Madison) won by fall over Annie Hahn (Lafayette Jefferson) (Fall 2:28

5th Place Match

Kayleigh Kirkwood (New Palestine Dragons) won by fall over Tianna Russell (Warren Central) (Fall 0:57

7th Place Matc

Kayleigh Medley (Terre Haute N. Vigo) received a bye () (Bye

FR-SO Girls - 145

Guaranteed Place

1st Place - Kaylie Petersen of Evansville Central

2nd Place - Elly Janovsky of Lake Central

3rd Place - Kaylee Miles of Terre Haute Sout

4th Place - Maggie Branstetter of Attica

5th Place - Aly Black of North Miami High School

1st Place Match

Kaylie Petersen (Evansville Central) won by major decision over Elly Janovsky (Lake Central) (Maj 12-4

3rd Place Match

Kaylee Miles (Terre Haute South) won by decision over Maggie Branstetter (Attica) (Dec 8-3

5th Place Match

Aly Black (North Miami High School) received a bye () (Bye

7th Place Match

FR-SO Girls - 152

Guaranteed Place

1st Place - Timmery Rutter of Eastside Jr/Sr High schoo

2nd Place - Grace Hiroms of Rochester Communit

3rd Place - Sierra Zamarono of New Albany High Schoo

Round 

Timmery Rutter (Eastside Jr/Sr High school) received a bye () (Bye

Grace Hiroms (Rochester Community) won by fall over Sierra Zamarono (New Albany High School) (Fall 2:59

Round 

Timmery Rutter (Eastside Jr/Sr High school) won by fall over Sierra Zamarono (New Albany High School) (Fall 2:01

Grace Hiroms (Rochester Community) received a bye () (Bye

Round 

Timmery Rutter (Eastside Jr/Sr High school) won by fall over Grace Hiroms (Rochester Community) (Fall 3:56

Sierra Zamarono (New Albany High School) received a bye () (Bye

FR-SO Girls - 170

Guaranteed Place

No wrestlers are guaranteed any place

Round 

Round 

Round 

FR-SO Girls - 19

Guaranteed Place

1st Place - Varzidy Batchelor of Brazi

2nd Place - Mercedes Tellechea** of Northvie

3rd Place - Ellee Biddle of Northvie

Round 

Varzidy Batchelor (Brazil) received a bye () (Bye

Mercedes Tellechea** (Northview) won by fall over Ellee Biddle (Northview) (Fall 1:36

Round 

Varzidy Batchelor (Brazil) won by decision over Mercedes Tellechea** (Northview) (Dec 5-2

Ellee Biddle (Northview) received a bye () (Bye

Round 

Varzidy Batchelor (Brazil) won by fall over Ellee Biddle (Northview) (Fall 1:15

Mercedes Tellechea** (Northview) received a bye () (Bye

Frosh-Soph PM - 152

Guaranteed Place

1st Place - Luke Robards of Evansville Centra

2nd Place - Chase Leech of Garret

3rd Place - Zach France of Unattache

4th Place - Alex Rose of Terre Haute Sout

5th Place - Jackson Fox of Columbus Eas

6th Place - Grant Mallery of Pen

7th Place - Stevie Drake of Martinsvill

8th Place - Jordan Sutton of Columbus Eas

1st Place Matc

Luke Robards (Evansville Central) won by major decision over Chase Leech (Garrett) (Maj 10-2

3rd Place Matc

Zach France (Unattached) won by decision over Alex Rose (Terre Haute South) (Dec 3-0

5th Place Matc

Jackson Fox (Columbus East) won by disqualification over Grant Mallery (Penn) (DQ

7th Place Matc

Stevie Drake (Martinsville) won in sudden victory - 1 over Jordan Sutton (Columbus East) (SV-1 7-5

Frosh-Soph PM - 160

Guaranteed Place

1st Place - Kaden Lone of NorthWoo

2nd Place - Matthew Green of Carmel USA W

3rd Place - Luke Hansen of Rebel Wrestling Foundatio

4th Place - Sean Kissinger of Columbus Eas

5th Place - Evan Tilton of Hamilton Height

6th Place - Wyatt Maiden of New Castle

7th Place - Anthony Cashman of Warren Central

8th Place - Tanner Reed of Columbia City

1st Place Match

Kaden Lone (NorthWood) won by decision over Matthew Green (Carmel USA WC) (Dec 5-0

3rd Place Match

Luke Hansen (Rebel Wrestling Foundation) won in sudden victory - 1 over Sean Kissinger (Columbus East) (SV-1 8-4

5th Place Match

Evan Tilton (Hamilton Heights) won in sudden victory - 1 over Wyatt Maiden (Trojan Country Youth Wrestling) (SV-1 10-8

7th Place Match

Anthony Cashman (Warren Central) won by fall over Tanner Reed (Columbia City) (Fall 0:33

Frosh-Soph PM - 170

Guaranteed Place

1st Place - Jaquan East of Kokomo

2nd Place - Trenton Kersey of Lowell

3rd Place - Cale Johnson of Evansville North

4th Place - Vincent Tinoco of Whiteland

5th Place - Ethan Popp of Harrison (West Lafayette

6th Place - Jacob McClure of Perry Meridian

7th Place - Brayden Tincher of Greenfield Central

8th Place - Cameron Zimmerman of Wawase

1st Place Match

Jaquan East (Kokomo) won by decision over Trenton Kersey (Lowell) (Dec 8-2

3rd Place Match

Cale Johnson (Evansville North) won by decision over Vincent Tinoco (Whiteland) (Dec 8-3

5th Place Match

Ethan Popp (Harrison (West Lafayette)) won by decision over Jacob McClure (Perry Meridian) (Dec 3-0

7th Place Match

Brayden Tincher (Greenfield Central) won by decision over Cameron Zimmerman (Wawasee) (Dec 5-4

Frosh-Soph PM - 18

Guaranteed Place

1st Place - Van Skinner of Madison Consolidated

2nd Place - Bryce Wenk of Jay County

3rd Place - Jacob Jones of Sheridan

4th Place - Josiah Williams of Penn

5th Place - Alex Deming of Rochester Community

6th Place - Jacob Stepek of Gavit

7th Place - Paul DeWitt of LaVille

8th Place - Brilyn Smith of Warren Central

1st Place Match

Van Skinner (Madison Consolidated) won by decision over Bryce Wenk (Jay County) (Dec 6-0

3rd Place Match

Jacob Jones (Sheridan) won by fall over Josiah Williams (Penn) (Fall 3:25

5th Place Match

Alex Deming (Rochester Community) won by decision over Jacob Stepek (Gavit) (Dec 3-1

7th Place Match

Paul DeWitt (LaVille) won by decision over Brilyn Smith (Warren Central) (Dec 12-6

Frosh-Soph PM - 19

Guaranteed Places

1st Place - Wyatt Woodall of Southmont

2nd Place - Eli Hinshaw of Owen Valley

3rd Place - Will Clark of Crown Point

4th Place - Tommy Morrill of Columbus East

5th Place - Daeveon Cheeks of Lafayette Jefferson

6th Place - Austin Hastings of Noblesville

7th Place - Chad Washburn of Kokomo

8th Place - Jonathan Tanner of Westfield

1st Place Match

Wyatt Woodall (Southmont) won in sudden victory - 1 over Eli Hinshaw (Owen Valley)

(SV-1 3-1)

3rd Place Match

Will Clark (Crown Point) won by decision over Tommy Morrill (Columbus East) (Dec 5-2

5th Place Match

Daeveon Cheeks (Lafayette Jefferson) won by decision over Austin Hastings (Noblesville) (Dec 10-7

7th Place Match

Chad Washburn (Kokomo) won by decision over Jonathan Tanner (Westfield) (Dec 5-4

Frosh-Soph PM - 220

Guaranteed Place

1st Place - Jakkarey Oliver of Whiteland

2nd Place - Chance Harris of Fort Wayne Concordia Lutheran

3rd Place - Jackson New of Yorktown

4th Place - Jordan Cree of Rensselaer Central

5th Place - Brady Beck of Rochester Community

6th Place - Peyton Cross of Sheridan Blackhawk

7th Place - Paul Clark of Crown Point

8th Place - Bryce Mills of Owen Valley

1st Place Matc

Jakkarey Oliver (Whiteland) won in tie breaker - 1 over Chance Harris (Fort Wayne Concordia Lutheran) (TB-1 4-2

3rd Place Match

Jackson New (Yorktown) won by fall over Jordan Creek (Rensselaer Central) (Fall 3:21

5th Place Matc

Brady Beck (Rochester Community) won by decision over Peyton Cross (Sheridan Blackhawks) (Dec 3-0

7th Place Matc

Paul Clark (Crown Point) won by fall over Bryce Mills (Owen Valley) (Fall 3:48

Frosh-Soph PM - 285

Guaranteed Place

1st Place - Dom Burgett of Hamilton Southeastern

2nd Place - Nate Johnson of Center Grove

3rd Place - Logan McGraw of Owen Valle

4th Place - Patrick McMahon of Columbus Eas

5th Place - Nolan Martin of Perry Meridia

6th Place - Javian Jones of Decatur Central Wrestling Club

7th Place - Hosia Smith of Indianapolis Cathedral

8th Place - John Broadwell of Beech Grove

1st Place Matc

Dom Burgett (Hamilton Southeastern) won by decision over Nate Johnson (Center Grove) (Dec 4-2

3rd Place Match

Logan McGraw (Owen Valley) won by fall over Patrick McMahon (Columbus East) (Fall 1:48

5th Place Match

Nolan Martin (Perry Meridian) won by fall over Javian Jones (Decatur Central Wrestling Club) (Fall 2:03

7th Place Match

Hosia Smith (Indianapolis Cathedral) won in overtime over John Broadwell (Beech Grove) (OT 2-1)won by decision over Nate Johnson (Center Grove) (Dec 4-2)

3rd Place Match

Logan McGraw (Owen Valley) won by fall over Patrick McMahon (Columbus East) (Fall 1:48)

5th Place Match

Nolan Martin (Perry Meridian) won by fall over Javian Jones (Decatur Central Wrestling Club) (Fall 2:03)

7th Place Match

Hosia Smith (Indianapolis Cathedral) won in overtime over John Broadwell (Beech Grove) (OT 2-1)

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

On 3/2/2021 at 8:17 AM, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Look at this LOADED Weight

Frosh-Soph - 160

Guaranteed Places

1st Place - Carson Brewer of Avon

2nd Place - Jacob Atkins of South Bend Riley

3rd Place - Nick Willham of Greenwood

4th Place - Ellisston Ross of Bloomington South WC

5th Place - Jake Lone of Northwood

6th Place - Hunter Dickmeyer of Columbus East

7th Place - Austin Lane of Perry Meridian WC

8th Place - Nolan Wampler of Bloomington Elite

Very cool to see half these dudes grinding in college. 

Edited by Mattyb

So I'm not as up to date as most of you all are as far as knowing alot of these wrestlers... but I seam to only really know 2 of them ( Preston Haines & Kaden lone) the others I know little about and some cases never even heard their name...so if anyone can give people like me some insights on some of the others so we can enjoys watching them grow as well

2 hours ago, Wrestlewatcher01 said:

So I'm not as up to date as most of you all are as far as knowing alot of these wrestlers... but I seam to only really know 2 of them ( Preston Haines & Kaden lone) the others I know little about and some cases never even heard their name...so if anyone can give people like me some insights on some of the others so we can enjoys watching them grow as well

Soooo... your screen name is like one of those opposite nick name deals??? Like calling a big guy tiny or a tall guy shortdog. 

I come to this conclusion that you are not a “wrestlewatcher”... because there was some of the best freshman and sophomores in the state there.

Take a look in trackwresting... most of the top few guys are very good wrestlers. But .. checking out track wrestling will give you an idea of who is who. 

Edited by Mattyb

12 hours ago, Wrestlewatcher01 said:

Buying the event and watching the matches is what it takes to fully grasp a kids talent... I'll just tell you this, you don't win or place high in this tournament if you're not a stud... You'll know plenty of these guys come next year when the rankings come out and at the season starts.

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.