Final 2021 Power Rankings

Jcjcjc

After seeing the results below of the Symbolic State Finals, I am hoping to put together a Power Rankings of the 2021 Wrestling Season. 

Here are my ideas for an initial pool of top ranked individuals, events, and complications:

Jesse Mendez

COVID-19

Chesterton's 8 placers

Alex Cottey's first period

Bauman-Major third period

Evansville Mater Dei's 112 points

The Scale

Ben Dalton's Mullet

Bryer Hall's free time at state

Friday morning State Wrestling

Empty seats

How would you rank em? Who did I leave out? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Symbolic State Finals Match:

This finals match was the most grueling anyone had seen in Indiana High School Wrestling history. Thankfully, many held on to Jesse's cape long enough to complete the season, and he was able to defeat the 1 seed,  COVID-19, Mendez-27, for a major decision. 

The one seed, just clearing transfer complications, after seemingly moving in and out of every school district in the state, has been granted eligibility as this combatant definitely did not move into a district to help athletics: COVID-19! No wrestler has taken out as many opponents as COVID-19 ever before, so this 1 seed is the biggest favorite, wait, it's nobody's favorite, but it is the strongest opponent in the bracket, and it is looking to get its first IHSAA state title in just its first year on the scene. 

The three seed, though some have speculated that he has a common opponent with the 1 seed, has declined to argue for the top seed, but many believe he has a beaten a wrestler who beat a wrestler who beat COVID-19, which solidifies him as a dangerous wrestler that no one wants to see in the early rounds. Jesse Mendez looks to pick up his third and most impressive IHSAA state title this year, against all odds and against only the few that have survived for the postseason.

image.thumb.png.d9dd63a723d3696da99eb137eeed89af.png

Edited by Jcjcjc

17 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Overall I'd think the top seed should be "HAVING A COMPLETE SEASON!" 

2021 Post Season Power Rankings
1. Completed Season

2. EMD’s point record

3. Chesterton’s 8 placers

4. Bryer Hall’s free time at state

4. Batman-Major 3rd period

5. Friday Morning Wrestling

6. Ben Dalton’s hair

7. Alex Cottey final’s first period

8. COVID-19

9. Empty Seats

10. The Scale

1 hour ago, Ahawkeye said:

Please explain Briar Hall's free time at state. I can't begin to fill any brackets until I know more about this.

Hall pinned everyone and didn't even wrestle in the third period. Thus he had lots of free time during the event.

And please explain "the scale" were there tense moments at weigh ins? Was The Scale missing? Was The Scale over weight? Did The Scale have to forfeit due to academic eligibility? We must know more!

The scale claimed many top kids during the post season this year.

And please explain "the scale" were there tense moments at weigh ins? Was The Scale missing? Was The Scale over weight? Did The Scale have to forfeit due to academic eligibility? We must know more!

The scale took out 2 potential state champs in Logan Miller and Cody Goodwin. It also had a huge effect on potential team champions. 

Alex Cottey’s first period should be higher. IMO the only thing that separates him from wrestlers like Jesse Mendez and Zeke Seltzer, is that he gets gassed pretty easily. He will be a monster in college if he can learn to go three full periods.

9 hours ago, Sig40 said:

The scale took out 2 potential state champs in Logan Miller and Cody Goodwin. It also had a huge effect on potential team champions. 

I see, well lucky for the both of them they have another chance next year and Miller will have another the year after that. I know the weight thing is tough, it was for me too. I wish we had the mentality to not cut weight. I don't know how to get past it, the domino effect happens when the first guy drops then the next guy comes down and on and on and on. I tell my wrestlers to wrestle what they weigh and have fun, it's easy to tell a grade schooler that but as we all know high school is a different ball game.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.