Chesterton New Coach???

ontherise219

I had heard Rumors that Saturday was Coach Jolls last ride! What a story if he could have pulled out a Title. Congratulations to coach Joll on a great career. 

Chesterton is returning a lot of talent

113-Demarco

120-Lemley

132-Torres 

195- Demarco

just returning medalist.

I am hearing some names but nothing concrete. You don’t always see a state power with a job opening 

https://www.applitrack.com/duneland/onlineapp/default.aspx?all=1&

Is Lemley back for sure then?  I wasn't sure if he was just doing the short time visit due to IL situation or he (his family) has decided to return to Chesterton for the remainder of his HS time. It would be nice to retain him, but a coaching changes can sometimes throws things up in the air.  Especially, your other option is good program at Mt. Carmel you can return to with Alex Tsirtsis coaching you (I believes he's still there).

Either way Chesterton still has a solid returning group and some good talent still coming through the system, should be a nice opportunity for a head coach to walk in.

Edited by MattM

I see you @Kyle Ayersman liking that post...........is that a hint one of the regions best may return to the area and compete against his alma mater and former coach?!?!?  😯🤔

Or is @Jcjcjc going to head back to his former coaching school and give up the reigns at Hobart to @brickfor6 

Lots of speculation and possibilities.................tbd

15 minutes ago, indianmorg said:

Or is @Jcjcjc going to head back to his former coaching school and give up the reigns at Hobart to @brickfor6 

Lots of speculation and possibilities.................tbd

No speculation needed here. I’m staying a Hobart. 

We are actively seeking the best candidate.  Administration is very motivated to help this program continue what we started and continue the climb. 

See attached vacancy announcement (PDF)  Should anyone have questions feel free to contact me directly at # below. 

Keith Davison

219/617-0034

Chesterton High School Wrestling Coach Vacancy Announcement (Winter 2021) (003).pdf

8 hours ago, Davistein said:

We are actively seeking the best candidate.  Administration is very motivated to help this program continue what we started and continue the climb. 

See attached vacancy announcement (PDF)  Should anyone have questions feel free to contact me directly at # below. 

Keith Davison

219/617-0034

Chesterton High School Wrestling Coach Vacancy Announcement (Winter 2021) (003).pdf 886.32 kB · 101 downloads

Davison and McMurray finally unite?!

I kid I kid

So from an outsiders standpoint, where is Coach Jolls going? Did an opportunity come open in college or another high school or is he taking a step back from coaching? I certainly realize and see the demand that is put on a wrestling coach. I sometimes wonder how they do it, I coach grade school kids and look at our varsity coach (Greg Schaefer) and wonder how the heck he doesn't lose his mind. Good luck to Coach Jolls.

1 hour ago, Ahawkeye said:

So from an outsiders standpoint, where is Coach Jolls going? Did an opportunity come open in college or another high school or is he taking a step back from coaching? I certainly realize and see the demand that is put on a wrestling coach. I sometimes wonder how they do it, I coach grade school kids and look at our varsity coach (Greg Schaefer) and wonder how the heck he doesn't lose his mind. Good luck to Coach Jolls.

Coach Joll is retiring from teaching and coaching. He has been coaching for 35 years. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.