Best finish

1prouddad

16 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Parris' dump series on everybody was unstoppable..

HWBubba Dickerson hitting hit famous Dump and Pinning B.J Scott in a minute 95 finals was nasty barely accumulated 10 mins on the mat at state.

Nosko chin whipping Milius(had over 200 TDs that season I heard) in the 03 finals was unreal.

Mckinleys Headlock on Kieffer was BRUTAL, you could feel the thud!

Mendez toss on lil  Ruhlman was beautiful.

Allred using the NC patented bar and Wrist Coach Black and him mastered was lights out!

Millius twins takedown records will stay up on our wall forever. I’d have to double check the number but it was CRAZY high... like double or triple Chandler Carroll’s season record. 

5 hours ago, Jstephenson1356 said:

Millius twins takedown records will stay up on our wall forever. I’d have to double check the number but it was CRAZY high... like double or triple Chandler Carroll’s season record. 

Yes I remember they hit super ducks and cut, wash, rinse and repeat... Very good Takedown guys

13 hours ago, MattM said:

He had a stint at Oklahoma St. and IU.    He did decent but nothing big of note before injuries derailed him both places.   

An officer in Tulsa, Oklahoma last I heard.  He did a tour Afghanistan at some point within that process as a member of the National Guard. 

Yes I heard me gave mocco a good match but couldn't find any results on it.

35 minutes ago, Cooper160 said:

My pick is Heavyweight Jason Fryar from whiteland. Down 3 , only 10 seconds left, boom, lat drop takedown with the near fall for the win.  

You're a little late to the party. We were discussing it a bit on page 1 of this thread. 😃

11 minutes ago, maligned said:

You're a little late to the party. We were discussing it a bit on page 1 of this thread. 😃

I don’t recall in my post where I said other people did not pick the Fryar match .  I just said to me that’s the best finish. Confused by your post. And where is this party?

1 hour ago, Cooper160 said:

I don’t recall in my post where I said other people did not pick the Fryar match .  I just said to me that’s the best finish. Confused by your post. And where is this party?

Ha. Just seemed like you didn't realize it had been mentioned. My bad

37 minutes ago, maligned said:

Ha. Just seemed like you didn't realize it had been mentioned. My bad

No problem. But yea I saw others agreed. That was a crazy night. He was my teammate, and had 6 or Soo loses on the season , it was wild to see him pull it off. Plus, who ties up with 10 seconds left !  We tried to throw a party for Fryar that night and he told everyone he was tired and going home to sleep !  Acted like it was no big deal.

8 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Yes I heard me gave mocco a good match but couldn't find any results on it.

Just checked it today. Ben Milius in 02-03 season had 336 takedowns. Chandler Carroll 4x placer phenomenal neutral wrestler and cut just about every kid he wrestled 165 takedowns in 11-12 season... thats insane

20 minutes ago, Jstephenson1356 said:

Just checked it today. Ben Milius in 02-03 season had 336 takedowns. Chandler Carroll 4x placer phenomenal neutral wrestler and cut just about every kid he wrestled 165 takedowns in 11-12 season... thats insane

Carroll was a monster! Yes I remember Ben having a ungodly number of TDs.. Averaged almost 10 a match lil

1 hour ago, Jstephenson1356 said:

Totally misread that and thought you were saying he had 165 TDs in a season he went 11-12, was like HOW?!? Haha

On 2/22/2021 at 4:28 PM, FCFIGHTER170 said:

He literally did a sit up with the guy Tee'd up with a half in, and displayed super Human Strength to rag doll him! I wish so badly we could have ppl upload different state finals on here.. Imagine a video archive incorporated into this site.

Im pretty sure that was Damon Hummel,  (Rochester i think)  tallllll kid,   i remember sitting down low in MSA   and he was just hanging out by the railing  and oooo  i guess i better go wrestle.   That kid was a throwing machine

3 minutes ago, oldfat119 said:

Im pretty sure that was Damon Hummel,  (Rochester i think)  tallllll kid,   i remember sitting down low in MSA   and he was just hanging out by the railing  and oooo  i guess i better go wrestle.   That kid was a throwing machine

I seem to remember Hummel wrestling Schneider from Mt Vernon in the finals one year. Hummel was so much fun to watch and always put on a show. He couldn’t handle Schneider though. I don’t remember him wrestling DJ. 

1 minute ago, Justafan74 said:

I seem to remember Hummel wrestling Schneider from Mt Vernon in the finals one year. Hummel was so much fun to watch and always put on a show. He couldn’t handle Schneider though. I don’t remember him wrestling DJ. 

ahhhh   im sure right,  gettin old  s@@@s  lol

10 hours ago, oldfat119 said:

Hummel graduated in '94.  Definitely wasn't him.

20 hours ago, Sutton047 said:

he had 165 TDs in a season he went 11-12

His duck was unbelievable and he could get out from under anyone--but, man, he did not know how to defend. He'd basically trip over himself if you tied up with him. He lost a LOT of tight 21-18 thrillers.

10 hours ago, TripleB said:

I'm pretty sure the DJ match was a kid from Franklin County. 

No way the 215 from Franklin County made it to state that year. You're thinking of Bohman who graduated the year before. Speaking of Franklin County did you ever wrestle BJ Scott?

17 hours ago, Hacker1 said:

No way the 215 from Franklin County made it to state that year. You're thinking of Bohman who graduated the year before. Speaking of Franklin County did you ever wrestle BJ Scott?

Mike Reister was a state placer after Bohman. 

Scott beat me my sophomore year at Regionals - 7-2 I think. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.