Mater Dei

Southern Side

Mater Dei will be fine next year. Their JV won the SIAC and their Varsity won state, twice. It's the year after they will be very down and take a few L's.

106- Isaiah Schaefer 9th

113- Evan Seng 11th

120- Reed Egli 12th

126-Tyler Vanover 11th

132-Matt Herman 11th

138-?

145-?

152-Ashton Hayhurst 12th

160-Spencer Turner 10th / Gabe Vogegel 11th

170- Brody Bauman 12th 

182- Gabe Sollars 12th

195-Clay Martin 11th

220-Nick Boots 12th

285-James Ralph 12th

I find the whole "down year" and "recruiting" notions preposterous when talking about EMD. They have always had the best JV in the state and have always had a top flight varsity team as far back as my mind can recall.  The only thing that would alarm me is if they suddenly started to hover toward or go below the bottom of the top ten teams in the state.

19 hours ago, busstogate said:

I find the whole "down year" and "recruiting" notions preposterous when talking about EMD. They have always had the best JV in the state and have always had a top flight varsity team as far back as my mind can recall.  The only thing that would alarm me is if they suddenly started to hover toward or go below the bottom of the top ten teams in the state.

Seng, Freeman, and Baumann were once on JV team.

MD always recharges

On 2/21/2021 at 7:33 PM, busstogate said:

I think the recruiting comment was tongue in cheek. And "take a couple Ls" probably means it seems they may only be 4th or 5th best instead of champs.

8 minutes ago, maligned said:

I think the recruiting comment was tongue in cheek. And "take a couple Ls" probably means it seems they may only be 4th or 5th best instead of champs.

If you're referencing my comment, it was definitely tongue in cheek.  Kind of alluding to a post in another thread.  

• 2 weeks later...

Just speculating but this is a good duel meet lineup. With 2 returning state champs and a 5th placer they need a few more to score points to defend the title. 

106 Seng

113 Schafer

120 Folz

126 Egli

132 Vanover

138 Laymon

145 Hayhurst

152 Voegel 

160 Turner

170 Bauman

182 Sollars

195 Martin

220 Boots

285 Ralph

9 minutes ago, Jayruss said:

There’s an argument for next year’s team being better than this years. 

I don't think so.  You don't lose a 4x placer (including a champion), a 3x placer, and a 2x placer (4x qualifier) and expect to be better.  While those that are returning will be better, those are some huge holes MD will have to fill.

1 hour ago, Jayruss said:

I count possibly 8 placers and 2 champs. 

If the line up that was posted above is what it turns out to be, I count 6, maybe 7 placers and 2 champs.  But that doesn't necessarily mean that next years team will be better than this years, which set the points record.

14 hours ago, ReformedPoster said:

If the line up that was posted above is what it turns out to be, I count 6, maybe 7 placers and 2 champs.  But that doesn't necessarily mean that next years team will be better than this years, which set the points record.

All speculation we have to wait and see.

Just speculating but this is a good duel meet lineup. With 2 returning state champs and a 5th placer they need a few more to score points to defend the title. 

106 Seng

113 Schafer

120 Folz

126 Egli

132 Vanover

138 Laymon

145 Hayhurst

152 Voegel 

160 Turner

170 Bauman

182 Sollars

195 Martin

220 Boots

285 Ralph

I see Bauman, Sollars, Seng, Egli, Hayhurt, and Schafer making it. Also Vanover, Boots, and Ralph have a decent shot if they can create a favorable draw. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.