State contender secret formula

Wrestlingfan937

I finished my junior year with a 17-19 record getting knocked out first round of regionals, that was when my coach came up to me and told me to go to as many RTC practices as  possible on the offseason and lif lift! Following year I went 37-7.

Besides of off season training, what else is essential for producing a state level contender? 

55 minutes ago, Wrestlingfan937 said:

I finished my junior year with a 17-19 record getting knocked out first round of regionals, that was when my coach came up to me and told me to go to as many RTC practices as  possible on the offseason and lif lift! Following year I went 37-7.

Besides of off season training, what else is essential for producing a state level contender? 

24/7/365 ... eat, sleep, wrestle, wrestle when they sleep, there are no days off . You make that commitment you’ll get there. Trust me, It works . Proven results ! 

Forgot 

! ZERO EXCUSES ! 

Edited by TeamGarcia
Forgot

3 hours ago, Wrestlingfan937 said:

A partner that's on the team that lists with you, pushes you in conditioning and keeps their nose clean as well.. Camps like Granby,J Robs and Purler if it's within your budget, having a clean diet and doing everything you can to become faster, stronger and always evolving technically.. Wrestling in tough off season tourneys , but most importantly  enjoying the process! If you're not having fun you can't become the best "YOU" that you Possibly can...  make Goal Boards that are always visible in your room to remind you of your purpose! Hold yourself accountable and try doing everything down to tying your shoes perfectly so it becomes a Habit.

Id say as many freestyle, Greco, folk style matches as possible  when Not in season.  I ust to hate that my dad would have me and my brothers run 2-3 miles and lift for an hour , 5 days a week after wrestling practice.      I started wrestling at 9 years old, and remember getting teched by 5 gator rolls my first ever match. Freshman year made it to regionals, sophomore year semi state, junior year state qualifier, senior year winning gold.  Working harder outside of practice , that what I believe made the difference over the years.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.