Ed Hamant

Holden

It is with a very heavy heart that I announce the passing of my great friend and assistant coach Ed Hamant.  Ed coached at Greenfield for 40 years.  His impact on our program and community is immeasurable.  He coached his ass off.  He kept all of our stats.  He maintained our record boards, wall of champions, and our hall-of-fame.  He wrestled every day (even though he is the oldest person on the planet I think). And he loved GC wrestling.

2 hours ago, Holden said:

It is with a very heavy heart that I announce the passing of my great friend and assistant coach Ed Hamant.  Ed coached at Greenfield for 40 years.  His impact on our program and community is immeasurable.  He coached his ass off.  He kept all of our stats.  He maintained our record boards, wall of champions, and our hall-of-fame.  He wrestled every day (even though he is the oldest person on the planet I think). And he loved GC wrestling.

Ed was the man plain and simple. We were lucky to have a man like Ed in our program, and I am blessed to have learned so much about this sport and life from him. 

I have known Ed for a long time. I played fast pitch softball with him. He was a great man and was a great competitor as well. Prayers to his family and Coach Holden and the Greenfield Wrestling community. 

Coach Tonte, family and Franklin Wrestling 

Edited by Coach T

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.