Center Grove 5
Monrovia 5
Bloomington South 4
Harrison (WL) 4
Culver Academies 4
Floyd Central 4
Plymouth 4
Roncalli 4

That is an amazing piece of reference information.  Great job compiling it all together. 

The State video feed announcers should be required to have a copy of this, the detailed brackets, and prior results at their table.   

Edited by MattM

1 hour ago, tyquhp13 said:

I don't know where to ask, but for the mat assignments am I correct to just go  1 2 3 4( top to bottom) down the line of the brackets for the first round?

I believe they will have some form of a first available on the mats, but not sure until Friday. In the past the top half of the bracket has been "first available" on mat 1 and 2 and bottom half on mats 3 and 4.

17 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Top 20 placer streaks

School Placer Streak
Cathedral 38
Portage 28
Perry Meridian 20
Merrillville 17
Crown Point 14
Avon 9
Warren Central 8
Evansville Mater Dei 7
Columbus East 7
Brownsburg 6
Carmel 6
Chesterton 6
Jay County 5
Center Grove 5
Monrovia 5
Bloomington South 4
Harrison (WL) 4
Culver Academies 4
Floyd Central 4
Plymouth 4
Roncalli 4

Greenfield Central was at 4 as well. :( 

2017- Gavin Rose 7th at 113

2018- Carter Noehre 5th at 132, Brad Lowe 6th at 170

2019- Cooper Noehre 2nd at 152

2020- Cooper Noehre 5th at 160, Dylan Dorman 8th at 138

16 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

I believe they will have some form of a first available on the mats, but not sure until Friday. In the past the top half of the bracket has been "first available" on mat 1 and 2 and bottom half on mats 3 and 4.

Thank you Sir.

Not going to nitpick as this is AMAZING...our coaches must be going insane with this right now...BUT as they close our school this year..this will be our 3rd (Gavit) qualifier in as many years.

Best of luck to everyone this weekend...safe travels and best of luck!

Pretty cool stuff... Franklin Central Data is a little off, but I'd assume that from lack of us putting it out there. Our first qualifier was Guy Jackson in 1960.. He was a state champ at 112. Our longest streak for state qualifiers is 29.. We had a qualifier/placer every year from 1979 until 2008. We've had 

21 minutes ago, Coach Moore said:

Pretty cool stuff... Franklin Central Data is a little off, but I'd assume that from lack of us putting it out there. Our first qualifier was Guy Jackson in 1960.. He was a state champ at 112. Our longest streak for state qualifiers is 29.. We had a qualifier/placer every year from 1979 until 2008. We've had 

Guy Jackson was a qualifier for Franklin Township. Per the IHSAA they are considered a different school than Franklin Central.

The streaks are the current streaks, not the past ones.

43 minutes ago, GMSCoach said:

Not going to nitpick as this is AMAZING...our coaches must be going insane with this right now...BUT as they close our school this year..this will be our 3rd (Gavit) qualifier in as many years.

Best of luck to everyone this weekend...safe travels and best of luck!

Who was the qualifier in 2020? 

11 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Guy Jackson was a qualifier for Franklin Township. Per the IHSAA they are considered a different school than Franklin Central.

The streaks are the current streaks, not the past ones.

Guess I read it wrong. I was surprised to see some schools off the list. Also didn't realize we were "Franklin Township" for the first 3 years we had wrestling. Guy Jackson's the only one in that era lol.

13 minutes ago, Coach Moore said:

Guess I read it wrong. I was surprised to see some schools off the list. Also didn't realize we were "Franklin Township" for the first 3 years we had wrestling. Guy Jackson's the only one in that era lol.

The school thing is weird and no rhyme or reason why they do the things they do as far as absorbing records or splitting them. I just go by how the IHSAA designates it for record purposes. For instance if you look at records for Bloomington South they also include the former Bloomington high school and the old Elkhart's records were merged with Elkhart Central. However, Franklin Township is considered a different school than Franklin Central for what reason I have no clue.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.