Potential 4 over 1's

purdue02

15 hours ago, dbo said:

Just talked to a buddy from Franklin County, and he confirmed that Shafer is yet to see the second period this season. All first period pins. Just FYI. 

He was 27-4 last year, got 3rd at Regional and lost to Dakota Arvin in the 1st round of semi-state.  Congrats to the young man for a helluva turnaround, not that last year was bad, but this year is fantastic!

9 minutes ago, bigballerb said:

let me hear it.

5k 🍌 *Watson vs. Chacon* Saturday Morning 

#BananaCartel has 5k🍌 on Evansville SS 🔨  Watson ? 

Who wants some action on this Stellar show down 

Disclaimer - All wrestlers have to get there first before 🍌 ticket is made . 

legal purposes 😂

2 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

5k 🍌 *Watson vs. Chacon* Saturday Morning 

#BananaCartel has 5k🍌 on Evansville SS 🔨  Watson ? 

Who wants some action on this Stellar show down 

Disclaimer - All wrestlers have to get there first before 🍌 ticket is made . 

legal purposes 😂

I’ve seen both wrestle within the past year. I got my money on Watson that would be tough to take. Let me give you a counter offer though.

2 minutes ago, Indysportsfan said:

He was 27-4 last year, got 3rd at Regional and lost to Dakota Arvin in the 1st round of semi-state.  Congrats to the young man for a helluva turnaround, not that last year was bad, but this year is fantastic!

He lost to Taylor a classic that was UTB 9-8 in regional Semis you can tell that he's having fun but having to worry about being 220 and just let his body grow and fill out proving once again that not killing yourself to "gain an edge" by going a lower Weight that is very popular myth imho.. After wrestling and cutting for years while fighting I can without a doubt tell you that it's impossible to get better constantly ✂️ weight, taking away from time that you could be getting stronger, faster and more technical instead you're miserable fighting the scale and in all reality regressing! Shafer is as true a HW as it can get!

29 minutes ago, Indysportsfan said:

I watched 2 of his SS matches and found it interesting that he got taken down in each match to fall behind 2-0 yet still was able to secure a 1st period fall.  Check out his final match against Antone Alexander.  It was pretty exciting for a 1st period fall and not one sided.  He is a large, well built young man.  Looking forward to seeing that Saturday morning match!

On 2/16/2021 at 2:44 PM, purdue02 said:

Every year there are a few 4's who beat a 1 Friday night.  Here are some potential ones for me:

106 - Krueger (CE) over Jackson (LP) - I know Jackson is on fire but Krueger has wrestled him tough in the past.

113 - Courtney (CG) over Leavell (WC) - Again Leavell has wrestled great all season but Courtney is very good and has beat him in middle school.

113 - Cottey (PM) over Egli (EMD) - does this count?

138 - Brown (PH) over Arthur (OH) - Arthur looked great at SS but this is Brown's 3rd shot to place.

170 - Dale (PM) over Kreager (FWS) - Kreager wrestled great at SS against a good field.  Prior to SS, I would have picked Dale.

195 - Eason (FC) over Khaoucha (NR) - EV was much tougher that FW at 195.  I could see Eason taking this.

220 - Viel (EC) over Clifford (CC) - New Castle was by far the deepest 220 SS.  Tough draw for FW who I think goes 0-4 at 220 on Friday Night.

285 - Donati (PE) over Shafer (CO) - Shafer looked great at SS but Donati comes from a rich program in Penn.  Not saying it happens but saying I wouldn't be surpised.

Again, notice this is "Potential 4 over 1's" not "Predictions of 4 over 1's".  What do y'all think?  Who else is on upset alert?

Your 220 prediction was on point

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.