Best to never make it to state

Justin Cooper of Whiteland in the mid-2000.  Very accomplished wrestler including Fargo All American.  

Sophomore year got beat by Hasseman at regional finals to put him in ticket round vs Maurer.   Hasseman and Maurer were first and second at state.  

Junior year lost to Klienheinz from Columbus North by a point in the ticket round.  Klienheinz wins state, beating most of the rest of his opponents opponents along the way handily. 

Senior year was undefeated and ranked #2. But unfortunately got DQ'd his final regular season match and as a result he was eliminated from participating in sectionals.   He had beat many of that years state qualifiers/placers.

Edited by MattM

1 hour ago, MattM said:

Justin Cooper of Whiteland in the mid-2000.  Very accomplished wrestler including Fargo All American.  

Sophomore year got beat by Hasseman at regional finals to put him in ticket round vs Maurer.   Hasseman and Maurer were first and second at state.  

Junior year lost to Klienheinz from Columbus North by a point in the ticket round.  Klienheinz wins state, beating most of the rest of his opponents opponents along the way handily. 

Senior year was undefeated and ranked #2. But unfortunately got DQ'd his final regular season match and as a result he was eliminated from participating in sectionals.   He had beat many of that years state qualifiers/placers.

Is this the Matt Miller I wrestled several times? Lol. I know it has to be since you are from Seymour. How are you doing bro?   I dont know if its a good thing or bad thing that my name comes up in this thread every single year lol 

1 hour ago, Wrestling4EVER said:

Is this the Matt Miller I wrestled several times? Lol. I know it has to be since you are from Seymour. How are you doing bro?   I dont know if its a good thing or bad thing that my name comes up in this thread every single year lol 

It’s Martin not Miller (old age makes things cloudy), but yes it is.  I ended up having a few matches with your younger brother Levi too once I finally jumped one weight ahead of you.  I’m getting along teaching in Seymour and occasionally have time to still help the program, though I wish I had more. 

On your end, I guess at least your name comes up as part of something.  You definitely has some good matches back in the day and deserve to be in this type of conversation.  Some of us didn’t put enough together when we should have to even get mention, so I’d say it’s good that people are still recalling you name a few decades later.  

Edited by MattM

1 hour ago, Wrestling4EVER said:

Me and you had a war at New Castle the day you beat Mosier of Yorktown I bumped up from 60 to wrestle you at 71 you beat me by 1 damn it lol.I have a picture of us in a scramble actually... Seen you few years ago at EV semi state When I was with Trizton Carson.. Hope you're doing well.

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

1 hour ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Me and you had a war at New Castle the day you beat Mosier of Yorktown I bumped up from 60 to wrestle you at 71 you beat me by 1 damn it lol.I have a picture of us in a scramble actually... Seen you few years ago at EV semi state When I was with Trizton Carson.. Hope you're doing well.

@FCFIGHTER170 are you possibly referencing Justin Cooper with you message above?  If so the person you quoted Wrestling4EVER wasn’t him, he just noticing my earlier post about Cooper.  But, Justin maybe lurking around somewhere as he’s back coaching at Whiteland now.  And odds are if you wrested Justin it was a war, he always seems to have a no holds barred attitude in his matches.  

Neither Joe (Wrestling4EVER) nor myself would have hit the scales anywhere close to 160 or 171 until several years after HS.  :)   And now it would be nice to get down there.    

Edited by MattM

17 minutes ago, MattM said:

@FCFIGHTER170 are you possibly referencing Justin Cooper with you message above?  If so the person you quoted Wrestling4EVER wasn’t him, he just noticing my earlier post about Cooper.  But, Justin maybe lurking around somewhere as he’s back coaching at Whiteland now.  And odds are if you wrested Justin it was a war, he always seems to have a no holds barred attitude in his matches.  

Neither Joe (Wrestling4EVER) nor myself would have hit the scales anywhere close to 160 or 171 until several years after HS.  :)   And now it would be nice to get down there.    

Lol my bad I thought he was Justin Cooper my bad.

11 hours ago, ILUV2PIN said:

Myself, unfortunately. (Esp, given the fact that the rest of my family ended up doing way better than me). Guess I'm living proof of the "coulda, woulda, shoulda" mindset. lmao 

beat me to the quote I was gonna use, haha

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.