Best to never make it to state

3 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Aaron Sessa, Keith Garrard (one the best 1x placer imho went in to be all all American at wabash) Chris Barnhizer, Charlie Pingleton might be the best considering he got runner up twice and ended up being a national champ in college.

Charlie for sure... Also Ricky Elkins

1 minute ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Aaron Sessa, Keith Garrard (one the best 1x placer imho went in to be all all American at wabash) Chris Barnhizer, Charlie Pingleton might be the best considering he got runner up twice and ended up being a national champ in college.

Brandon James

• 4× IHSAA All-State (3rd, 5th, 2nd, 3rd)

• 2014 FloNationals All-American at 120 lbs. – 3rd Place (Defeated Chad Red Jr. in 3rd Place Match; only Indiana wrestler to defeat Red in high school)

• USAW Cadet and Junior Freestyle All-American 

Just now, blueandgold said:

Brandon James

• 4× IHSAA All-State (3rd, 5th, 2nd, 3rd)

• 2014 FloNationals All-American at 120 lbs. – 3rd Place (Defeated Chad Red Jr. in 3rd Place Match; only Indiana wrestler to defeat Red in high school)

• USAW Cadet and Junior Freestyle All-American 

He was a Fkn savage! I could think of many more as well..Perry has a ton like NC that some of the best not to win it... But Perry has a lot more state champs though.

2 minutes ago, blueandgold said:

For a one-year run, Christian Warren was ranked fourth at 170 lbs. and was 40-0 entering the ticket round before being upset by Josh Gee of Shenandoah 2-0.

I was right there mat side for the huge upset..I think gee beat Frazee that day too.. Gee was so akward not strong and effective.. He wrestled his off that day.

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

9 minutes ago, NavyGonzo said:

Charlie for sure... Also Ricky Elkins

Rank d high nationally but unfortunately came in with some back pain and then apparently never got the scouting report to not to choose down against one of the better top position finisher in the state that year.  

Edited by MattM

22 hours ago, Indiana_Wrestling said:

As a wrestler who posted pretty good stats back in 2019 .... 4 time sectional champion I was able to punch the ticket a few times and win State Championship(s) . 

Lies No GIF 

Helped you out a little bit on your spelling errors . You figure being in College you know how to spell and use proper words in your sentences Champ . Sell yourself short like that. 

Just kindly deposit 5,000 bananas to #BananaCartel accounts for my editing skills . 

Thanks #TheCountyMafia 

Who wants to make a deal ? 

Edited by TeamGarcia
Added

On 2/16/2021 at 11:50 AM, blueandgold said:

Jeivan Ross of Warren Central

• 4× Sectional Champion

• 4× Semi-State Qualifier (4× Quarterfinalist)

Jade McCammon of Sullivan

• 4× Semi-State Qualifier (4× Quarterfinalist)

• USAW Cadet and Junior Freestyle and Greco-Roman All-American

• Cadet Silver World Medalist

Good call 

26 minutes ago, leaveitonthemat said:

Antione Neal- Lawrence North, class of 1996.  One of the slickest wrestlers I've watched.  Had wins over most the people that placed in state that year including 2 time state champ from Bellmont TJ Hays.

New castle Legends and state placers Nathan Pickle and Josh Martin both raved about him.. they said he should've been a state Champ let alone a SQ!

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

Not quite in the "best to never make it to state" category, but Austin Heckman of Edgewood was a 4x semi-state qualifier and 3x ticket rounder. His losses at semi-state were:

Joe Lee

Brayton Lee

Nathan Conley

Jake Schoenegge

He asked me for film on Brayton Lee his sophomore year I said "just check flowrestling. It's all over the place."

On 2/16/2021 at 8:44 PM, TripleB said:

Zach Adams - Madison - 4x ticket rounder, headlocked a Welch through the floor in the ticket round his jr year. He beat the SS champ his sophomore year at Regionals. Had wins over runner up and third place his senior year. Beat multiple state placers over his 4 years. 

Ticket round losses to Rueger, Milton, Welch and VanHorn

For a 1 year run - 1997 Jeremy Johnson from Madison was undefeated and ranked top 5 in state. Stuck the #2 ranked kid  at Team Semi-State, beat the eventual 7th place finisher about 8 times that year and majored the 3rd place finisher in a dual before losing to him 3-1 in the ticket round. 

Joe Pinnick of Jeffersonville was a hammer right along w Hunter Hughes. Jeff had a murders row w Doherty, Rosbottom, Pinnick, Hughes, Koch, Stith, Bowman and Ware. That Jeff team was 🔥🔥🔥

Man considering Mitch Robb had 4 or 5 matches against me(Pinnick) and Hunter Hughes id love to hear his take on this considering he is a State Champion. I had a few matches against state champs or runner ups in high school that just shows outside of 1 year I had the worsr ticket round draws in semi state history probably lol. 

I'll try to remember to the best of my knowledge. 

Freshman year. - lost 8-6 in ticket round to top ranked and state champ or runner up Brian Smiley.(hit him with a lay drop but only kept 1 foot in bounds. I have the tape still that shows 1 foot only lol) I also Beat Derek Black that year and i believe he was a placer)

Sophomore- I lost to state champ or runner up David Combs 2-1. I pinned Matt orchell in the regional finals and I choked in ticket round against Breedlove. I couldn't stop 1 move. Finished 38-3 i believe. 

Junior year- I beat 4th place finisher Demetrian Cole and 3rd or 4th place finisher Bubby Chambers and 4th place finisher Derek Black. I drew Derek Black first round of regional and won. Then beat Cole in finals just to draw defending champ or runner up Travis Beech in the ticket round and lose 8-6.

Senior- Beat State Champ(and good friend) Mitch Robb 12-4 at Jeff Classic finals and got hurt anf came back at sectional and lost to Mitch Robb 5-3 giving up 2 caution points lol. Then i lost again to Mitch Robb in finals of regional i believe 6-3 and reinjured my shoulder and drew state champ or 2 time Greg Schaefer in the ticket round of Semi State.. 

So bottom line is a little bit of bad luck and some choking equals no state for Joe Pinnick lol.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.