State finals

Tparker

I have enjoyed wrestling for years, but when are we going to get at least a 3 class system for state finals. We also need to have some sort of a wrestle back system. Other states have had these rules for years. The Iowa participants are within 100 people and they have a 4 class wrestling.  I know Indiana doesn’t put as much effort into wrestling. The poor sportsmanship in boy basketball and football is getting worse. We have schools helping their, football and basketball athletes stay eligible with poor grades. Wrestlers have some of the highest grade point averages of any school sport. Also it’s about time the IHSAA supported girls wrestling. I understand that this has been all over the place, so as a wrap up.

1. Class wrestling so the smaller schools can get an opportunity to send wrestlers to state.

2. Wrestle backs so we can get a more accurate top 8 in each weight class.

3. Separate the top 4 ranked wrestlers. We have a chance where #1 and #2 seeds meet in the second round.

4. Girls wrestling being recognized as IHSAA level sport.

1 hour ago, Tparker said:

I have enjoyed wrestling for years, but when are we going to get at least a 3 class system for state finals. We also need to have some sort of a wrestle back system. Other states have had these rules for years. The Iowa participants are within 100 people and they have a 4 class wrestling.  I know Indiana doesn’t put as much effort into wrestling. The poor sportsmanship in boy basketball and football is getting worse. We have schools helping their, football and basketball athletes stay eligible with poor grades. Wrestlers have some of the highest grade point averages of any school sport. Also it’s about time the IHSAA supported girls wrestling. I understand that this has been all over the place, so as a wrap up.

1. Class wrestling so the smaller schools can get an opportunity to send wrestlers to state.

2. Wrestle backs so we can get a more accurate top 8 in each weight class.

3. Separate the top 4 ranked wrestlers. We have a chance where #1 and #2 seeds meet in the second round.

4. Girls wrestling being recognized as IHSAA level sport.

There should be only one state champ in a weight class, there has been many schools and wrestlers that are still able to compete at a high level from small schools, wrestlings a rare sport that relies on work ethic rather than numbers of bodies at school or athleticism. If you look at the kids doing successful in Indiana it’s not because they’re at a big school it’s because they work their tail off in the off-season as well as during season. Also labeling multiple kids state champs devalues that label as there would always be talk on who was the actual best wrestler in each weight class. If you have a champion mindset every person should be striving to be the best in the state not the best kid in schools population under 200 kids. 🤷‍♂️ 

8 minutes ago, 4U2NV said:

They should change the name of Semi-State to State and change State to Super-State. That way we will have 4 State Champs for each weight class and 1 Super-State Champ. Lol. 

That’s not a bad idea 🤝 we could have the superstate finalist wrestle in a ring of fire too for dramatic effect. 

For maximum fan excitement and athlete danger, let's add an absolute division where you throw out the weight classes and make a bracket where all the champs fight each other.  Or, go full WWE and have a Royal Rumble. Put 'em all in a cage and last man standing wins. Fans can throw things at them too. Like airplanes. Or bananas?

24 minutes ago, UncleJimmy said:

@Galagoreburner account? Welcome to the board.. either that or Joe likin' all the traffic so why not start 10 threads! SMH....

To stay on topic. Hopefully never..maybe someday..hopefully someday...hopefully soon. 

I swear on all 26,995 of my bananas that I did not create a new account just to post this thread. However, my first thought was literally, "Oh lord, @UncleJimmy is going to think I made a fake account..."

Edited by Galagore
left out a word

2 minutes ago, Matt Time said:

For maximum fan excitement and athlete danger, let's add an absolute division where you throw out the weight classes and make a bracket where all the champs fight each other.  Or, go full WWE and have a Royal Rumble. Put 'em all in a cage and last man standing wins. Fans can throw things at them too. Like airplanes. Or bananas?

Let’s just go full Kumite or Thunderdome. 

6 minutes ago, Matt Time said:

I got money on the scrappy 106’s 

33 minutes ago, 4U2NV said:

They should change the name of Semi-State to State and change State to Super-State. That way we will have 4 State Champs for each weight class and 1 Super-State Champ. Lol. 

Good compromise 

It won’t devalue a state champ. When you listen to the announcer at the ncaa they say he was a state champion, not he won a state championship at the small school level. Iowa and Indiana both have 6,000 male participants, and Iowa has class 1,2,3 as one class then they have by there self 4, 5, and 6 state champion. I watch Brownsburg almost have year round wrestling. Tri-west hasn’t won a dual in over 10 years. We continue to watch the larger programs winning. EMD, Brownsburg, Indianapolis Cathedral, P.M. Warren Central and other catholic teams. I lump EMD and other catholic schools in because they can recruit wrestlers. I’d like for Indiana to be know for having strong wrestling programs like in Pennsylvania. We have had class football go from 3a to 6a. Also boys basketball has been 4 classes for some time now. Do I think IHSAA will change for wrestling, no they won’t. I can watch Indiana high school basketball on tv for a normal game all the way to state. I can only watch the finals of wrestling. I could pay 12 dollars to see one mat with track wrestling, which just got taken over by FLO. Don’t worry this is only one person’s thoughts and it will fall on deaf ears. 

5 hours ago, 4U2NV said:

Boxing fan? Sounds like all the belts the WBC, WBA, etc. create. Of course they do it so they can charge sanctioning fees. 

3 hours ago, Tparker said:

It won’t devalue a state champ. When you listen to the announcer at the ncaa they say he was a state champion, not he won a state championship at the small school level. Iowa and Indiana both have 6,000 male participants, and Iowa has class 1,2,3 as one class then they have by there self 4, 5, and 6 state champion. I watch Brownsburg almost have year round wrestling. Tri-west hasn’t won a dual in over 10 years. We continue to watch the larger programs winning. EMD, Brownsburg, Indianapolis Cathedral, P.M. Warren Central and other catholic teams. I lump EMD and other catholic schools in because they can recruit wrestlers. I’d like for Indiana to be know for having strong wrestling programs like in Pennsylvania. We have had class football go from 3a to 6a. Also boys basketball has been 4 classes for some time now. Do I think IHSAA will change for wrestling, no they won’t. I can watch Indiana high school basketball on tv for a normal game all the way to state. I can only watch the finals of wrestling. I could pay 12 dollars to see one mat with track wrestling, which just got taken over by FLO. Don’t worry this is only one person’s thoughts and it will fall on deaf ears. 

Haven't heard the recruiting angle in a while.  Well done.🙄

5 hours ago, UncleJimmy said:

@Galagoreburner account? Welcome to the board.. either that or Joe likin' all the traffic so why not start 10 threads! SMH....

To stay on topic. Hopefully never..maybe someday..hopefully someday...hopefully soon. 

Hey ... errrrrbody 

Just another reason why my

*** Genius Idea *** 

to just pin a ‘Class Wrestling Forum’ so these Class Wrestling pop ups can go and say, argue, debate, compare stats, Joe with his spreadsheets he has data on .

I won’t be visiting cause I love the system we are in now.
 THERE I SAID IT ! Imma Head Out GIF by memecandy

Bye .... errrrbody 

41 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

Hey ... errrrrbody 

Just another reason why my

*** Genius Idea *** 

to just pin a ‘Class Wrestling Forum’ so these Class Wrestling pop ups can go and say, argue, debate, compare stats, Joe with his spreadsheets he has data on .

I won’t be visiting cause I love the system we are in now.
 THERE I SAID IT ! Imma Head Out GIF by memecandy

Bye .... errrrbody 

Just like Indiana ever having class wrestling... NEVER!

4 hours ago, Tparker said:

Md does not recruit

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.