MD bad draws

Jayruss

Is it me or does MD seemed cursed with these bad draws? Hayhurst vs Watson in semi state, Boarman being on the same side as Mendez, Egli makes a statement by pinning Coy and draws into returning champ Cottey, Ross possibly meeting Lemley in the second round, Parkinson drawing Walker in the first round last year, and the list goes on.... If I’m MD I’m razing the gymnasium to see if there’s a goat buried under the gym floor!

12 minutes ago, Aggressor said:

I think it awesome you MD guys get on here and talk about how great Md is and then want to complain about bad draws 🤔 if your that great why you worried about who your going to wrestle 😂 just my opinion. 

Btw I’m not a “MD Guy” I didn’t even go there, but I am from Evansville so I do root for the hometown kids!

14 minutes ago, AdamsCoBuschhh said:

It's punishment for the paper airplanes the Mater Dei kids throw at State every year.  Even though some are constructed well enough to make it from one side of the arena to the other.

As you can see by the performance of the paper airplanes displayed in Bankers Life by the Mater Dei Students, Mater Dei has a REQUIRED Origami class taught by world renowned origamist T-Wall. Expect to see something more spectacular and exciting this year. 

20 minutes ago, TheRussianMdFan said:

As you can see by the performance of the paper airplanes displayed in Bankers Life by the Mater Dei Students, Mater Dei has a REQUIRED Origami class taught by world renowned origamist T-Wall. Expect to see something more spectacular and exciting this year. 

Probably a super fuel efficient ecco friendly paper airplane that will win them national recognition!

Seymour's gym was a REALLY good place to fly paper airplanes. I'll gladly keep The Ford Center though.

17 minutes ago, Ahawkeye said:

Probably a super fuel efficient ecco friendly paper airplane that will win them national recognition!

Seymour's gym was a REALLY good place to fly paper airplanes. I'll gladly keep The Ford Center though.

I don't know man.  I've seen a few nose dive less than 4 rows later into the back of a mullet of a drunk Jay County fan on more than 1 occasion.  Said drunk mullet Jay County fan was too incoherent to even notice.  

Then again, it only takes 1 to gently glide from the upper deck all the way across the mats into the opposing seats of glowing green of Cathedral.  

4 minutes ago, AdamsCoBuschhh said:

I don't know man.  I've seen a few nose dive less than 4 rows later into the back of a mullet of a drunk Jay County fan on more than 1 occasion.  Said drunk mullet Jay County fan was too incoherent to even notice.  

Then again, it only takes 1 to gently glide from the upper deck all the way across the mats into the opposing seats of glowing green of Cathedral.  

Mullets are a common obstacle for paper airplanes at wrestling tournaments.

2 hours ago, Jayruss said:

Is it me or does MD seemed cursed with these bad draws? Hayhurst vs Watson in semi state, Boarman being on the same side as Mendez, Egli makes a statement by pinning Coy and draws into returning champ Cottey, Ross possibly meeting Lemley in the second round, Parkinson drawing Walker in the first round last year, and the list goes on.... If I’m MD I’m razing the gymnasium to see if there’s a goat buried under the gym floor!

A few bad draws and EMD gets compared to a franchise that went 100 years without a title? 

2 hours ago, Jayruss said:

95% of the time it would seem that the bad draw is drawing into an EMD wrestler as opposed to vice versa. I'm sure most everyone else in the state isn't happy to draw into an EMD wrestler. Especially, when it was the Lee factory for about 6-7 years. 

Which speaks to the greatness of said program. 

Edited by SunDevils

19 minutes ago, Jcjcjc said:

A few bad draws and EMD gets compared to a franchise that went 100 years without a title? 

Shoulda coulda woulda... It's not just bad draws it's bad draws on top of legitimate state title caliber teams. Now I'm not shutting the door on this year's MD team because I've seen with my own eyes the things this program and the individuals among this program can do but it will be an up hill climb. Last year's Parkinson / Walker match should have been in the finals or at least the semifinals. That match alone being where it should have been would have won MD the title last year. We still have to see what this year brings us. I'm eager to see what happens next week because I know every wrestler at BLFH will be doing everything they can to win every match. Every year there are tough draws every year there are what we fans call upsets. Let's just see where things lie after Saturday night and by the way.... What role will the weather play in this? They are talking 8 to 10 inches of snow down here in the Evansville area what are the other corners of the state predicting and what about Indy?

Edited by Ahawkeye

3 hours ago, Jayruss said:

Just imagine the fear for past 40 years of drawing into a Mater Dei wrestler?  Draws are draws.  You win some and lose some

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.