State Finals Talk/ Draws

ShawSki

Heyerly having a good chance to place is huge for our Junior.  Currie with a tough draw but, anything can happen.  Uhlman could make a podium for sure!  Too bad we didn't have Cook most of this year.  Could have easily been up there too.

South Adams was a huge disappointment.  Loshe got crushed to death, nearly literally by a couple knees to his shoulder and chest, Dull going in as a 4, and Summersett IMO had a chance to win it all but lost to the eventual champ.

Bellmont has Ike, and that's about it.  He has a good draw again on his half of the bracket.  Litchfield will probably be an early out, and Myers has the number 1 kid in state.  Myers hit his inside trip twice in the semis but couldn't stick it, then got manhandled and finished 4th.  Could have easily been 1st had he hit those trips.

Norwell, man o man.  Brege broke my heart.  I hope Eli pulls though.

Jay County, Wood could open some eyes next weekend.  Rowles could place easily too.  Clark is young and when healthy could contend for a medal in the next few years.

2 hours ago, AdamsCoBuschhh said:

Heyerly having a good chance to place is huge for our Junior.  Currie with a tough draw but, anything can happen.  Uhlman could make a podium for sure!  Too bad we didn't have Cook most of this year.  Could have easily been up there too.

South Adams was a huge disappointment.  Loshe got crushed to death, nearly literally by a couple knees to his shoulder and chest, Dull going in as a 4, and Summersett IMO had a chance to win it all but lost to the eventual champ.

Bellmont has Ike, and that's about it.  He has a good draw again on his half of the bracket.  Litchfield will probably be an early out, and Myers has the number 1 kid in state.  Myers hit his inside trip twice in the semis but couldn't stick it, then got manhandled and finished 4th.  Could have easily been 1st had he hit those trips.

Jay County, Wood could open some eyes next weekend.  Rowles could place easily too.  Clark is young and when healthy could contend for a medal in the next few years.

You think Duke eventually tops the podium? If so what weight? 

Wow, I’ve been following IHSAA wrestling for a long time and this year more than most gives credence to the need for wrestle backs, there are quarter final matches that could be 1/2, worst case 3/4 matches in any given year. I don’t know if it’s Illinois (and other state’s kids moving in), holiday tourneys getting cancelled  that would have seen some of these matches happen, a combination of all or what. These brackets are wild!

36 minutes ago, MattM said:

But can they top this 

This epitomizes what I love so much about Indiana's state tournament. I love watching the placement matches. The pressure is off at that point and the kids just seem to wrestle loose and get after it. So much fun. The year my oldest son placed 3rd was one of the most fun experiences of my life. He won with a last second takedown that at first was a no call, but after deliberation, he was awarded the two... And the crowd went wild. It was awesome!

Of course, last year's headlock from his younger brother was about 7 seconds of absolute pandemonium that I still haven't fully recovered from. If you can't tell, I'm ready for this weekend! Let's get it on!

Edited by KoontzDaddy

22 hours ago, AdamsCoBuschhh said:

Could also see AC winning the Fort Wayne Semi-State next year IF everyone stays healthy.. possibly 3 champs and 2 qualifiers. 

21 hours ago, Peopleschamp said:

You think Duke eventually tops the podium? If so what weight? 

I do, yes.  I think he stays around 170-182 all 4 years, max being 195 as a Senior but I just don't see it.  He's a little older than a lot of Freshman due to his medical issues and not sure how much he'll grow.  I think his unconventional style of wrestling, which looks Russian/Judo to me, catches many off guard.  He can also wrestle straight up with doubles, HC's, sweep singles, etc.

I see him contending as early as next year.  Remember, he just started practicing heavy a month ago and he made it to State and could have gone in as a 1 or 2 if things went his way.  Just imagine a full year of practice under him and a season of matches with the team.

I do know he'd look a lot better with a red singlet on....

1 hour ago, Peopleschamp said:

Could also see AC winning the Fort Wayne Semi-State next year IF everyone stays healthy.. possibly 3 champs and 2 qualifiers. 

We have a really solid group of kids in our system.  All grades.  I've watched these kids in elementary duals and the Friday night things we used to do for the kids.  After Bellmont's super Junior class graduates we'll be county champs for at least a few years to come.  Take that to the pay window.

Our middle school wrestles Bellmont MS next week.  It'll be a blowout again.  They'll win a few, they're strong in the lower/mid weights.  Other than that we'll smoke them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.