State Finals Talk/ Draws

ShawSki

2 hours ago, CED said:

Worst draw ever for a Semi-State champ. 

We have had a few crazy state draws in the past after someone injury default to 4th spot at SS.  

I can’t remember specifics, but I seem to even recall one year where someone pulled a decent SS final upset over highly ranked wrestler, but their reward for it was the #1 ranked wrestlers who defaulted to 4th at his SS.  Talk about going from the feeling of really helped your chances of a high placement to then the bracket-gods brining you  crashing back to reality.  

Edited by MattM

4 minutes ago, blueandgold said:

Mendez/Boarman in the semifinals. Probably the final nail in the coffin for Mater Dei's chances at a team title. Ouch.

I’m sure someone with time during this weeks snowfest can work through the brackets based on current rankings to speculate how the team scores could play out.  But yes that and the 113 first round matchup doesn’t do much to help EMD chances.  

Edited by MattM

Just now, MattM said:

We have had a few crazy state draws in the past after someone injury default to 4th spot at SS.  

Perfect example: Jake O’Brien injury defaulted to 4th place because he had mono, whom I believe had already won state 2 times at the time he defaulted.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.