What matches to watch?

UncleJimmy

Focusing on my frozen ECSS screen most of the day, what matches at other SS were must see as I pass the night away? Sounds like FCFighters guy Thrine and the Erb/Munsee match...what else? 

I gotta rewatch the Fogarty from Mishawaka match..that was just bizarre as OTR said

Edited by UncleJimmy

16 minutes ago, UncleJimmy said:

Focusing on my frozen ECSS screen most of the day, what matches at other SS were must see as I pass the night away? Sounds like FCFighters guy Thrine and the Erb/Munsee match...what else? 

I gotta rewatch the Fogarty from Mishawaka match..that was just bizarre as OTR said

132 Frazier vs Donlan was a good one.. Watch Filipovich dismantle the field as well!

Any match Gabe Sollars and Brody Baumann wrestled.  

Ashton Hayhurst and Hayden Watson did not disappoint.  
J Conway and Riley Rust had lots of action
Boarman vs. Rhulman and Alstott (not both at the same time)
Alec Freeman vs. Ben Dalton
Cole Ross vs. Braiden Haines
Ben Dalton vs. Lane Deckard - would love your opinion if Deckard had the takedown in SV before Dalton won it

What I observed:

Deckard is behind with control around the waist and Dalton had one hand on the mat.  This only happened for maybe 1 second and I’m not 100% educated enough to call it a takedown, but from an armchair ref watching on phone, it looked as if there was enough evidence to call a takedown for deckard 

47 minutes ago, UncleJimmy said:

It was wild a stall call to tie it, with like .04 left brief celebration from both wrestles, Then overtime. Wild 

2 hours ago, SWINfan said:

Any match Gabe Sollars and Brody Baumann wrestled.  

Ashton Hayhurst and Hayden Watson did not disappoint.  
J Conway and Riley Rust had lots of action
Boarman vs. Rhulman and Alstott (not both at the same time)
Alec Freeman vs. Ben Dalton
Cole Ross vs. Braiden Haines
Ben Dalton vs. Lane Deckard - would love your opinion if Deckard had the takedown in SV before Dalton won it

Deckard had the takedown in my opinion. But at the same time , it looked like he could have pressed the issue and tried to bring dalton down to a knee.  Good on Dalton for not chalking it up in the position. But my thought is , deckard had his two to end the match

28 minutes ago, M109R said:

Don't think I've ever seen 2 stall calls in 7 seconds . 

I saw this exact scenario at FWSS a few years back in the 170lb title match... Made even worse that the Delta guy scored the only offensive points of the match 3 seconds prior to getting hit with two stalling calls to tie it up... Worst I've ever witnessed...

16 hours ago, JoeCoffey said:

What I observed:

Deckard is behind with control around the waist and Dalton had one hand on the mat.  This only happened for maybe 1 second and I’m not 100% educated enough to call it a takedown, but from an armchair ref watching on phone, it looked as if there was enough evidence to call a takedown for deckard 

Without a question it was a takedown. The rule is once a hand hits the mat when they are behind you then its a takedown. I honestly think the ref knew he blew it but no way he's making that change after the way it ended. But good job by Dalton to keep wrestling. 

1 minute ago, Chris Cooper said:

What about 2 stall calls in 1 second?

What are you talking about?  Never seen that lol but what i did see was Charlestown wrestler shoot in and lock his hands around the leg when his opponent was lifting his back ankle in the air and Charlestown got called for stalling even tho he was the one who shot in and had his hands locked around the guys leg. Blew me away. 

45 minutes ago, Chris Cooper said:

A few years ago, we had a kid who was hit for stalling twice with one second left, sent the match to OT, we eventually lost in UTB.

How is that possible? Makes no sense lol. Every once in a while i think to myself if I was his coach ida been thrown out of the gym. This is definately one of them cases lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.