SEMI-STATE: Upsets, Key Matches, Etc.

navy80

16 hours ago, JMAN said:

Just left Semi-State East Chicago and I have to say the way Indiana does it’s state is a embarrassment considering how good Indiana wrestling is overall. I moved here from out of state and this is the absolute WORST way to determine who goes to state.

You have high level wrestlers going hone while below average kids go to state.  Is that what you want?  A watered down state tournament lacking quality?  Without seeding and a more importantly wrestle backs Indiana State is hollow!

I watched kids crying after close loses. NO KIDS should be crying off losing one match before state or at it for that matter.  It’s is an ABSOLUTE JOKE OF A SYSTEM!

Yes, my kid lost in a match that never should have happened putting the 5th ranked kid in the state with the 2nd ranked kid in the state in a death match with no wrestle back.  He lost a close match and that pisses me off.  He is a better wrestler than most kids actually going to state!

Howevee, even if he had won it would still be upsetting because a high quality kid goes homes while other kids move on that wouldn’t last 1 minute with either kid!

it is a disgrace!

Agreed. Absolutely ridiculous that we don’t have wrestlebacks.

2 hours ago, KoontzDaddy said:

It was a really BAD no call. Two feet, one hand on the mat for like two full seconds. I hate that for Deckard. He’s an amazing kid! Just a really terrible, terrible no call.

You are absolutely correct. I thought it was bad in real time but after watching it again, it’s a HORRIBLE no call. 

21 hours ago, Scallywag said:

Another bracket buster at FWSS...at 170 Graden upsets Morris 11-10 after a questionable no take down call at the buzzer

There was a 3 second difference between track clock and scoreboard clock. I noticed that midway through the 3rd. Not sure if that was the difference maker somehow on final takedown call. I told folks not to sleep on unranked Graden.

14 hours ago, Wrestlingmom81 said:

#145 CHACON NEW HAVEN HAS PROVEN HE IS A STATE contender! HE COMES FROM WRESTLING FAMILY & HIS DAD WAS ONE OF THE GREAT WRESTLERS FROM SNIDER. MIKE ESTER RUB CHACON MOM BELLY THAT A FUTURE STATE CHAMP!  DON'T UNDERESTIMATE CHACON. HE HAS SKILL MOST OF ALL HEART!

WHAT? SAY IT LOUDER.😆

On 2/13/2021 at 2:27 PM, GenHeavyHandz said:

So you could take’em?  How do you know how good a freshman is or is going to be.  You are calling it weak now but in the future these guys could play out to be real hammers.   There is always somebody.

There’s some young guys there, and a couple of them pulled some upsets this season. I agree, future looks bright! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.