SEMI-STATE: Upsets, Key Matches, Etc.

navy80

36 minutes ago, MarSell said:

And the plot thickens.  What are you all doing up north that has guys seeking redemption in a forum?

No redemption, just stating facts. The top 195 in state wasn’t allowed to wrestle, which would have made 195 at EC semistate a lot harder to qualify for state.  By him moving it opened up the 195 spot at Penn, if he stayed the spot would of been his.  And losing his eligibility weakened the quality of wrestling at the state tournament,  I want the best to qualify, yes we need wrestlebacks.  

Edited by D Summar
Punctuation

5 minutes ago, D Summar said:

No redemption, just stating facts. The top 195 in state wasn’t allowed to wrestle, which would have made 195 at EC semistate a lot harder to qualify for state.  By him moving it opened up the 195 spot at Penn, if he stayed the spot would of been his.  And losing his eligibility weakened the quality of wrestling at the state tournament,  I want the best to qualify, yes we need wrestlebacks.  

I agree with you.  I'm guessing it's somewhat related to what JMAN posted?

Heavyweight finals at Fort Wayne was a blast to watch. Both hit fantastic high crotches and moved their feet the entire time. Tons of action from two units!! Muncie came out on top. Thanks for a great show Muncie and Erb. I felt like I was watching 106

3 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Something tells me you aren't just hopping on his bandwagon and there was no real new information gleaned today.  :)

You don’t know me!!! Step off buddy!!! 

yeah... your right!!! 

but... regardless of knowing him. I enjoyed watching him today. 

7 hours ago, Wrestlingfan937 said:

Cotten wins by injury default, looks like he got knocked out.

He did get knocked out, Injury defaulted the 3rd 4th place match. Feel sorry for the SS champ that busted their butt today, only to draw into Cotty next week.

32 minutes ago, Trinedad said:

He did get knocked out, Injury defaulted the 3rd 4th place match. Feel sorry for the SS champ that busted their butt today, only to draw into Cotty next week.

I was waiting for the double forfeits in the finals of the other three semi-states at 113! 

Edited by Mattyb

6 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

I was wondering same thing.. Had brevan looked for a half on the way down I wonder if it would have been different.. That floor echos like a wwe mat and I seen far harder slams that weren't called.. Just didn't like the corner telling him to lay down and take the W... Especially if he wrestles rest of the day.

A slam is a judgement call.,  The big part of what the rule states is that when someone picks the other person up they are responsible for their safe return to the mat.  The safe return is purely the responsibility of the offensive wrestler, and there is no requirement for the defender to protect himself.  Years ago there was the criteria that the offensive wrestler had to hit a knee first, but that was discarded a long time ago.  The slam is a needed call in wrestling because it keeps someone from intentionally drilling someone to win a match, or to make it harder for the opponent to compete.  The thing that makes it bad is that whether a kid can continue competing, or not, is dependent on a decision that has to be made in 2:00 minutes of "recovery time".  The only person the coach is responsible to is his wrestler.  If he thinks that the slam has impaired his wrestlers ability to possibly win the match then his best decision is to not continue.  The ability to continue, or not, only has to do with what is going on in that match and has nothing to do with the rest of the tournament.  Postulating if the wrestler may be able to compete later, or not, has no (and should not have any) bearing on the decision at that moment.  The wrestlers ability to wrestle in matches later in a tournament only indicates that he was able to continue with more recovery time, but proves nothing as to the severity (or lack of severity) at the time the match was ended due to disqualification.  I would also add that I have almost never seen a match where to person is DQed for a slam and his coaches, fans, and family were happy.

Edited by Coach Peck

7 hours ago, PMFAN said:

Heard Cottey done for the day... a one seed going to get a tough draw next weekend if Alex is okay by then.

I think what makes me angry about this match is watch the punk from Anderson’s demeanor after he slams Alex. Walks off with a smirk and can be seen smiling and shrugging while Alex is laying on the mat. News flash slamming a kid in his head because your losing 10-3 isn’t cool. Rant over.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.