SEMI-STATE: Upsets, Key Matches, Etc.

navy80

1 hour ago, bakecw001 said:

Fort Wayne 220 is real weak... heavyweight not so much, but 220 for sure

So you could take’em?  How do you know how good a freshman is or is going to be.  You are calling it weak now but in the future these guys could play out to be real hammers.   There is always somebody.

14 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

So you could take’em?  How do you know how good a freshman is or is going to be.  You are calling it weak now but in the future these guys could play out to be real hammers.   There is always somebody.

There were only two freshman in that bracket haha... I also didn't call individuals weak. I know which freshman you are referring too, but also didn't say anything about him in the post. I bet fw goes 0-4 at 220 next week.

Edited by bakecw001

Just watched the Thrine / Pierson match.. well the 10 seconds of it. Thrine had a great double leg. Kid is strong! It borderlines slam to me but only because Pierson hung on and didn't go to the mat. If he would have bellied out would that have changed things? What constitutes a slam anyways?

4 minutes ago, navy80 said:

Just watched the Thrine / Pierson match.. well the 10 seconds of it. Thrine had a great double leg. Kid is strong! It borderlines slam to me but only because Pierson hung on and didn't go to the mat. If he would have bellied out would that have changed things? What constitutes a slam anyways?

I was wondering same thing.. Had brevan looked for a half on the way down I wonder if it would have been different.. That floor echos like a wwe mat and I seen far harder slams that weren't called.. Just didn't like the corner telling him to lay down and take the W... Especially if he wrestles rest of the day.

1 hour ago, SWINfan said:

I thought it was really close.  Definitely would have been a takedown in college.  Deckard was behind and Dalton had one hand on the mat.  

Read the rule book, that’s 2. Dalton lost that match. Deckard got screwed

2 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

I was wondering same thing.. Had brevan looked for a half on the way down I wonder if it would have been different.. That floor echos like a wwe mat and I seen far harder slams that weren't called.. Just didn't like the corner telling him to lay down and take the W... Especially if he wrestles rest of the day.

Could it be that maybe his coaches were concerned for him. It’s not like there’s ever been an athlete that got hurt but yet still tries to carry on. From the safety standpoint, it could’ve been the right decision to halt him until he could be evaluated. 

16 minutes ago, 1prouddad said:

Could it be that maybe his coaches were concerned for him. It’s not like there’s ever been an athlete that got hurt but yet still tries to carry on. From the safety standpoint, it could’ve been the right decision to halt him until he could be evaluated. 

Pierson was trying stand up and they kept motioning to lay down..I don't want the kid to be injured, but I also don't wanna see my guy lose over that kind of thing... Seen Seth parker years ago do same thing and get 3rd at state after a he laid down on a slam call.. My griping doesn't matter cuz my guy isn't moving on and Pierson is, but I'm not the only one, thousands of ppl were booing the situation as well... I'm telling you when it's your guy in that position it bothers you more especially in the ticket round..I know most ppl thought Brevan was going to lose by their pick ems, but My boy came to wrestle today and wasn't doing to be an easy out for ANYBODY,  and he's devastated right now...I know I might be coming off like a jerk but there was many of David's team mates cussing at us and making it even worse..

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

RE: Thrine v Pierson... the slams a judgment call (I’ve reffed some high level matches in the past, other states tourneys, I wouldn’t have called it a slam) but the coaches got up an immediately told him to lay down/stay down.  You can call it concern, there’s always that, but even if it was illegal, the dump wasn’t that bad.  Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.  I think it’s shameful to get up and immediately wave your hands in the motion to tell a kid to stay down.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.