SEMI-STATE: Upsets, Key Matches, Etc.

navy80

3 minutes ago, TysonNisley said:

#11 Kayden Sowders loses to UR Cody Winkler by DQ, anyone know what happened?

I think it was an illegal slam.  My video kept freezing up but could hear the sound and it sounded like a ton of bricks hitting the mat.

Just now, rdrodd1 said:

I think it was an illegal slam.  My video kept freezing up but could hear the sound and it sounded like a ton of bricks hitting the mat.

Every year some of the Lafayette area wrestlers kill my pickems. I cringe every time I pick one hoping that this will be the year.

6 hours ago, rdrodd1 said:

His knees hit before Pierson did, landed on his side not his head or neck, then his team wanted to start mocking the kid and seeing ppl encourage laying down is disgusting, literally came out motioning "lay down"

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

7 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Here we go Thrine Comes out dumps Pierson and a BS And I mean BS call keeps Thrine from going to State.. So garbage, disqualified Thrine after a BS SLAM call

I just watched the video. I don't see it being an illegal slam. Crazy a kids season has to end that way. I remember several years back when Kiefer slammed McClosky (sp), the McCloskey kid did not want to win that way and forfeited the match instead. I think Thrine caught him by complete surprise with that takedown, but it's hard to imagine that being illegal. 

1 minute ago, grappleapple said:

I just watched the video. I don't see it being an illegal slam. Crazy a kids season has to end that way. I remember several years back when Kiefer slammed McClosky (sp), the McCloskey kid did not want to win that way and forfeited the match instead. I think Thrine caught him by complete surprise with that takedown, but it's hard to imagine that being illegal. 

Exactly, and I bet he'll be magically healed come next match.

3 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

His knees hit before Pierson did, landed on his side not his head or neck, then his team wanted to start mocking the kid and seeing ppl encourage laying down is disgusting, literally came out motioning lay down...

You do realize two dqs are being talkwd about at the same time?

#8 Ben Dalton vs #13 Lane Deckard goes into OT tied 8-8 with Deckard getting 2 takedowns with 20 seconds left in the 3rd. Deckard had what looked to be a takedown in OT not called then Dalton puts him on his back. After discussion call stands as a no takedown. Dalton wins.

Edited by andrew1993

1 minute ago, andrew1993 said:

#8 Ben Dalton vs #13 Lane Deckard goes into OT tied 8-8 with Deckers getting 2 takedowns with 20 seconds left in the 3rd. Deckers had what looked to be a takedown into OT not called then Dalton puts him on his back. After discussion call stands as a no takedown. Dalton wins.

I thought it was really close.  Definitely would have been a takedown in college.  Deckard was behind and Dalton had one hand on the mat.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.