145 Watson, Reynolds, May, Giles

152 Phillips, Conway, Conley, Holt

160 Baumann, Boe, Law, Everman

170 Fuqua, Morrill, Purdy, Khawaja

182 Sollars, Buchanon, Bullock, Durnhill

195 Carrington, Eason, Dickens, Willman

220 Ruhlman, Huggins, Morrill, Farmer

285 Jones, Munoz, Johnson, Kaba

7 champs from MD! I like the way this guy thinks. That's got to be close to a record. Hook, are you out there? Any knowledge on that? 

5 hours ago, CadetCub43 said:

106 Seng, Schreck, Krueger, Feeler

113 Egli, Lykins, Hammack, Courtney

120 Ross, Gilbert, Haines, Stansberry

126 Schoeff, Ison, Bechert, Burkhardt

132 Freeman, Montgomery, Dalton, Meier

138 Boarman, Alstott, Ruhlman, Garcia

Nice picks. 

@120 I like Gilbert over Ross. Ross holds an advantage over him I believe but Ross has been in Gilbert’s head. Does the win at the EMD Classic give him a boost? We shall see. 
@126 watch out for Williams(EvvMem). Solid wrestler who can make some noise. Looks to avenge a loss to King. Then draws into Bechert. 
@145 I like Reynolds on top of podium. 

7 minutes ago, 1prouddad said:

Nice picks. 

@120 I like Gilbert over Ross. Ross holds an advantage over him I believe but Ross has been in Gilbert’s head. Does the win at the EMD Classic give him a boost? We shall see. 
@126 watch out for Williams(EvvMem). Solid wrestler who can make some noise. Looks to avenge a loss to King. Then draws into Bechert. 
@145 I like Reynolds on top of podium. 

I believe Gilbert has won 2 of the last 3 over Ross, including the last 2.  Is it Ross' turn again or has Gilbert figured him out going forward.  

Agree on Williams.

145 gives me headaches trying to figure out how it will finish!

7 hours ago, CadetCub43 said:

106 Seng, Schreck, Krueger, Feeler

113 Egli, Lykins, Hammack, Courtney

120 Ross, Gilbert, Haines, Stansberry

126 Schoeff, Ison, Bechert, Burkhardt

132 Freeman, Montgomery, Dalton, Meier

138 Boarman, Alstott, Ruhlman, Garcia

Mater Dei much??? 😆

2 hours ago, 1prouddad said:

Nice picks. 

Gilbert vs Ross 

Match 1: 2019 at Mater Dei Classic. Ross won 5-4

Match 2: 2020 at Semi State Championship Match. Gilbert won by fall in a wild match.

Match 3: 2020 at Mater Dei Classic. Gilbert won 4-2.

Match 4 should be at Semi State and Match 5 could be at State. 

Both wrestlers have won semi state before and both are state place winners. Both have a shot at winning state this year. Both are great wrestlers. Any of the previous three matches could have went either way. 

Gilbert has to get by Amento but if he does, Ross and him will have another great match.

There will be so many great matches I cant wait to see. 

106:

1.Seng

2.Heaston

3.Feeler(i really feel he could win it all but couldn't do it lol)

4.Laroca

113:

1.Courtney

2.Lykins

3.Hammack

4.Egli

120:

1.Ross

2.Gilbert

3.Haines

4.Walls

126:

1.Schoeff

2.Ison

3.Lain

4.King

132:

1.Freeman

2.Montgomery

3.Dalton

4.Meier

138:

1.Boarman( I really think he was sick the last time he wrestled Ruhlman. I may be wrong on this one but we will see. )

2.Alstott

3.Ruhlman ( will he be tested by UNDEFEATED Knox from Charlestown? I think it will be closer than many think)

4.Garcia

145:

1.Reynolds

2.Watson

3.May( could be the most improved wrestler in the state. I wouldn't be suprised to see him place top 6 this year and SHOCKED if he didn't win it all before his career is over)

4.Gilles

152:

1.Conway ( almost went to Charlestown instead of Floyd but now he could face a Charlestown kid (Phillips) in the Finals. WOW)

2.Phillips ( I think he could be the best Charlestown wrestler in a long time. And still has his senior season left. )

3.Conley( Phillips and Conley could be the match of the day.)

4.Williams(A VERY good wrestler. Cannot believe Phillips was beating him so bad.)

160:

1.Baumann

2.Boe

3.Law

4.Emmerine( i can see him under the lights before his career is over)

170:

1.Morill

2.Fuqua

3.Khawaja

4.Purdy

182:

1.Buchannon

2.Sollars

3.Pugliese

4.Brown

195:

1.Carrington

2 Eason

3.Willman

4 Dickens

220:

1.Ruhlman

2.Huggins

3.Oliver

4.Howell

285:

1.Jones

2.Munoz( i don't think he can pull off the upset of Jones but he is definately gonna be hard to beat next week and will be on opposite side of him)

3.Johnson

4.Mcgraw

145 is sick and makes me a little sick.. 

May should cruise first round and Garcia will have a challenge from Lody. Ticket Round will be #6 May vs Garcia #9. Terrible draw for both. May is the favorite. However, I would never bet against a Garcia at Semi-State or State. When Garcia was a frosh he beat the pickers and made it to state. I took Blaze in my pickems. He has battled Reynolds, Watson, and Oliver the past two weeks. I take nothing away from May though. IMO, he has the best practice partners in the state and I am a big fan of F.C. 

#3 Watson vs #8 Hayhurst (Hayhurst has #22 Reynolds first round) in the other Ticket Round match and these four are all in the top bracket! I picked Hayhurts in the pickems but everyone else picked Watson. CG has a great program and Watson has a great practice partner in Rust. Hayhurst lost last year at Semi State to Rioux by 3 and Dalton by 4. Two studs! Hayhurst face Semi State champ Stroud Friday night. He was up 5-1 in the match and Stroud came back to win 7-5 in OT. Watson was one point away from making it to the championship match against Mendez and ended up placing 3rd at 132. A feat in and of itself. 

May, Garcia, Watson, and Hayhurst could all place top 8 under different circumstances. 

#24 Gilles/ #17 Oliver winner will face #14 DuPont. These three lucked out with a great draw. One of them will punch their ticket. I picked Gilles but wouldn't be surprised to see Oliver win it as well.

#18 Newman and #16 Otte will be a battle of two talented seniors. The winner gets #1 ranked Reynolds. The good thing is the winner of Newman and Otte will likely be the alternate to the state finals.

Is this the toughest weight at any semi state? 11 ranked wrestlers..

Edited by navy80

1 hour ago, navy80 said:

May should cruise first round and Garcia will have a challenge from Lody. Ticket Round will be #6 May vs Garcia #9. Terrible draw for both. May is the favorite. However, I would never bet against a Garcia at Semi-State or State. When Garcia was a frosh he beat the pickers and made it to state. I took Blaze in my pickems. He has battled Reynolds, Watson, and Oliver the past two weeks. I take nothing away from May though. IMO, he has the best practice partners in the state and I am a big fan of F.C. 

#3 Watson vs #8 Hayhurst (Hayhurst has #22 Reynolds first round) in the other Ticket Round match and these four are all in the top bracket! I picked Hayhurts in the pickems but everyone else picked Watson. CG has a great program and Watson has a great practice partner in Rust. Hayhurst lost last year at Semi State to Rioux by 3 and Dalton by 4. Two studs! Hayhurst face Semi State champ Stroud Friday night. He was up 5-1 in the match and Stroud came back to win 7-5 in OT. Watson was one point away from making it to the championship match against Mendez and ended up placing 3rd at 132. A feat in and of itself. 

May, Garcia, Watson, and Hayhurst could all place top 8 under different circumstances. 

#24 Gilles/ #17 Oliver winner will face #14 DuPont. These three lucked out with a great draw. One of them will punch their ticket. I picked Gilles but wouldn't be surprised to see Oliver win it as well.

#18 Newman and #16 Otte will be a battle of two talented seniors. The winner gets #1 ranked Reynolds. The good thing is the winner of Newman and Otte will likely be the alternate to the state finals.

Is this the toughest weight at any semi state? 11 ranked wrestlers..

great write up!

2 hours ago, navy80 said:

May should cruise first round and Garcia will have a challenge from Lody.

I was floored when I found out Cheatham was a second year wrestler. Seems to be a great kid and a freak athlete. Diamond in the rough for a college program if he chooses that route. Super high ceiling.

32 minutes ago, Grenadier2012 said:

I was floored when I found out Cheatham was a second year wrestler. Seems to be a great kid and a freak athlete. Diamond in the rough for a college program if he chooses that route. Super high ceiling.

This kid is a stud... unbelievable progress in in just two years.  He trains in the Off Season at Invicta... Ya’ll better be watching out for these guys that are being molded by Isaac Knable.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.