Worst ticket round draws ever ?

Jayruss

4 hours ago, hook and half said:

Frank DeBusk put a stake in the heart of the Mater Dei nation.  The week before the match, Mike Goebel said, "I have heard that Hobart can hurt you in a street fight."

Many MD fans will tell you this was their greatest comeback.  Wrong!

In 1965, the 'Cats were down 21-0 against Franklin Central.  MD posted seven straight wins to close out the match a 31-21 victor.  

you have to have video evidence or else it doesn’t count.

On 2/9/2021 at 10:36 PM, brickfor6 said:

Some recent ECC SS death draws

Triana (2x state placer) vs Cummings (2x state champ)

Colza (SQ) vs Lemley (placer)

Kleimola (champ) vs Davison (champ)

Fattore (2x placer) vs Malone (2x SQ)

Haskins (Q) vs Tolin (Q)

Moreno (placer) vs Rodriguez (3x Q)

Bates (Champ) vs LaPlace ( 2x placer)

Haskins (Q) vs Bettich (champ/placer)

2015  Sopko Shurg 160    Hughes 1 Shurg 2 Sopko 3                      Sopko won regionals     as Hughes beat Shurg regional finals  to set him up for the death draw. Hughes would win state beating Shurg in the finals

On 2/9/2021 at 10:06 PM, jmrichey119 said:

Matt Jaggers, New Castle vs Russel Smiley, Warren Central. Both returning SQ, Smiley had placed and was a returning SS champ.  

FCfighter might correct me but I believe Smiley was up 2-1 and jaggers hit a reversal or TD plus 2 NF and won 5-2, went on to win SS and take 5th. 

Matt had most 2x prior to smiley as well and smiley was never the same after that ticket round loss.

6 hours ago, TheHider said:

2015  Sopko Shurg 160    Hughes 1 Shurg 2 Sopko 3                      Sopko won regionals     as Hughes beat Shurg regional finals  to set him up for the death draw. Hughes would win state beating Shurg in the finals

Yes that was MVille SS days. I remember that one. I was in the corner of it :(

On 2/11/2021 at 1:56 PM, Paycheck141 said:

2008 Semi-State Ticket Round Jacob Lamb (Lowell) vs Anthony Napules (Merrillville) 119lbs

That is rough for sure, but as a disinterested follower who knows both of these kids, and their parents, I have to say his shoulder was beyond the line. That is why I like the new rules. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.