Team State 2021 Qualification Leaderboards (Final)

maligned

Here are 2A scores through regional. Remember that the best score from each semi-state, plus the next 6 best scores regardless of semi-state gain automatic bids. The final column is the number of points available this weekend for each team.

image.thumb.png.1373f880613a326184964acf1a62e9c7.png

Edited by maligned

Here are the 1A scores through regionals. Remember that the top score from each semi-state plus the 6 next best scores earn automatic bids. The final column is the number of points available for each team this weekend at semi-state. ( * indicates an injury has been added through SS first round qualification level)

image.thumb.png.4373d6c65a5d628cddfe112bbcabf12a.png

Here are 3A scores through regionals. Remember that the top scores from each semi-state are automatic bids as long as they remain in the top 10 overall. The next 2 best scores are also automatic (or 3 if one of the semi-state leaders were out of the top 10). ( * indicates an injury has been added through SS first round qualification level)

image.thumb.png.e451b7e88c4d34bc5051612477e8db6c.png

Here are 4A scores through regionals. Remember that the top scores from each semi-state are automatic bids if they are in the top 10 overall. Currently, the next 3 best scores are also in automatic position because no one from New Haven fits that requirement. Huge points will be scored in this class this week and even some teams a ways down the board will work their way into contention (seniors score very little until SS 2nd round and beyond in this class, so senior-laden teams can finally make their move on Saturday). ( * indicates an injury has been added through SS first round qualification level)

image.png.6d11667e3773698e27e7b5fca7d002b7.png

40 minutes ago, Holden said:

Will Greenfield being quarantined count as injuries?

Good question. We posted this on a couple of threads about the changes to procedures this year. There are 2 ways you could still be considered:

1. The final spot in all classes will be chosen next year around the 20th of December once we can see how lineups are really shaking out. We'll simply be choosing who we think the best team is at that point from among all teams, whether you had a great qualifying score or not.

2. I'm really sorry I haven't published it yet, but we're going to post an online doc that will let you put information in if you can show with genuine data that covid probably prevented you from being within 5 points of the first two available candidates in the voting for the next-to-last Wildcard spot that will happen in April. We would then consider you as a full vote-in candidate for that next-to-last spot. The two pieces of data we would accept would be a) in-season head-to-head results or same-tournament higher placement than a kid who advanced further than your covid-affected kid, or b) last-season advancement level of your affected kid if head-to-heads aren't available.

(In Greenfield's case, a lot of it should be fairly straightforward to prove since you were already slotted in a regional bracket and know very well how your results would have compared to the guys who got out of your regional from your sectional and who get out of semi-state this weekend from your regional.)

Who else around the state got hit by mass quarantine issues by the way?

I know Homestead had a bunch out this past weekend. Virtually the whole Bremen team was out at sectional. I had known about Greenfield as well. Who else?

2 hours ago, maligned said:

Who else around the state got hit by mass quarantine issues by the way?

I know Homestead had a bunch out this past weekend. Virtually the whole Bremen team was out at sectional. I had known about Greenfield as well. Who else?

Andrean was completely out due to quarantined. 

Here's the 4A leaderboard through semi-state. This weekend underclassmen score 1 for 6th-7th place, 1 more for 3rd-5th, another 0.5 for runner-up, and a final 0.5 for being champ. Seniors score 1 for getting 7th through 1st. 

The top 5 have basically been clinched. Big-time drama between Perry, Center Grove, and Carmel for the 6th and final automatic bid. Perry have 15 points available, CG 12, and Carmel 7. CG own the tiebreaker over the other two (most underclassmen starters). Carmel has it over PM.

image.png.fce1fa68fd88d68cf8a91eac607b7d30.png

Edited by maligned

• maligned changed the title to Team State 2021 Qualification Leaderboards (thru semi-state)

Here are the 3A standings through semi-state. Underclassmen score 0.5 more points at each of the following steps: 6th-7th, 3rd-5th, runner-up, state champion. Seniors are finished scoring.

The highest score from each semi-state will be automatic because there is someone from each SS in the top 10 overall. The race for the two additional automatic wildcard spots is tight between Franklin, East Central, and Roncalli. All three teams have 4 points available to them. Roncalli have the tiebreaker followed by Franklin.

* = pre-sectional injury added in to score

image.thumb.png.20bf024905ca2ca7e1b9e536dcbc3b96.png

Edited by maligned

Here is the 2A leaderboard through semi-state. Underclassmen this weekend score 0.5 additional points at each of the following steps: 6th-7th, 3rd-5th, runner-up, and state champion. Seniors are done scoring.

The four semi-state high scores are automatic qualifiers along with the next six best scores. This means the top 9 right now (Peru is the cutoff) plus Hamilton Heights out of New Castle are in automatic position. It will be tough for anyone to make a move this weekend unless we receive any last-minute pre-sectional injury, covid, or procedural ineligibility paperwork. It looks like an incredibly unusual number of teams (possibly 12) are going to get into the voting. (click 2-3 times for a zoomed view)

image.thumb.png.4a932cd885ec32fdbdbd6c869ad66f7d.png

Here are 1A standings through semi-state. The top score from each semi-state plus the next six best scores are automatic qualifiers--meaning the top 10 here (Daleville being the cutoff) are in automatic position pending any last-minute pre-sectional injury, covid, or procedural ineligibility paperwork. There isn't much drama left in this class. (Underclassmen get 0.5 additional points at each of these steps this weekend: 6th-7th, 3rd-5th, runner-up, and state champion. Seniors are done scoring.)

* = injury points added in

(Zoom the spreadsheet image by clicking 2-3 times.)

image.thumb.png.45837e426367b3db6ccd1bba98fe2d1a.png

Edited by maligned

Winamac Community really shot themselves in the foot at Regional....  Kids didn't wrestle very well.  Wonder if Coaching staff change affected it or what...  Finished 2nd at the Goshen Invite...  Beat Renssalear in a Dual and only 12.5 Pts behind them at Sectional with a kid that got hurt (Concussion) early that would have made the difference.....   Just small things here and there and so much different..  Really hope come Dec. that we are looked at for the last vote in spot...  :)  

So after this mornings state matches...

Tell City wins... but if I under stand the points correctly it won't be enough to get Daleville and that automatic qualifying spot.  

Roncali winning at 126 helps big time... as I think 182 is going to loose tonight 

4a.... carmel shot themselves in the foot losing both 113 and 132. Major can only score 1 more point as a senior. 

Cg with mixed results 113 was very close to pulling out the upset. 126 had a bad draw, and 145 winning as a junior. Should get more points tonight at 182.

Perry also had mixed results... bringing in 9. 106 and 113 both place. 120 and 145 are out. 106 is an underclassmen so that's big and 113 scores his 1 point. Going into 152-285 session everyone scores 1 point but Koontz at 152 who is an underclassmen.

Here is the 4A leaderboard through state.

Semi-state automatic bids: Crown Point, Mater Dei, Cathedral.

Automatic wildcards: Penn, Brownsburg, Perry Meridian

Voting candidates for the 7th team: Center Grove, Carmel, Chesterton

Remember that this year we will select the 8th team in mid-December from among all previously uninvited teams.

image.png.85e1265370ef4f52b72b772b248c6be2.png

Here is the 3A leaderboard through state.

Semi-state automatic bids: Columbus East, East Central, Mishawaka, Columbia City

Automatic wildcards: Floyd Central, Franklin

Voting candidates for the 7th team: Roncalli, Hobart, Terre Haute South

Remember that this year we will select the 8th team in mid-December from among all previously uninvited teams.

image.thumb.png.a64f3bfa50764427fba833c926c57901.png

Here is the 2A leaderboard through state.

Semi-state automatic bids: Bellmont, Wawasee, Charlestown, Hamilton Heights

Automatic wildcards: New Prairie, Garrett, Jay County, Western, Oak Hill, Peru

Voting candidates for the 11th team: Tippecanoe Valley, Evansville Memorial, Maconaquah, Leo, Monrovia, West Lafayette, Kankakee Valley, Norwell, Jimtown, FW Dwenger, Northwood, Mount Vernon (Posey)

Remember that this year we will select the 12th team in mid-December from among all previously uninvited teams.

image.thumb.png.dafa7386874a3cc1342fb580084df0f8.png

• maligned changed the title to Team State 2021 Qualification Leaderboards (Final)

Here is the 1A leaderboard through state.

Semi-state automatic bids: Prairie Heights, North Posey, Centerville, Rensselaer Central

Automatic wildcards: Rochester, Adams Central, Cowan, Southridge, Southmont, Daleville

Voting candidates for the 11th team: Bluffton, Tell City, Manchester, Winamac, Bremen

Remember that this year we will select the 12th team in mid-December from among all previously uninvited teams.

image.thumb.png.f7c4f7f0ceeb4506bdbe6c6249ea9c77.png

Edited by maligned

Vote-in candidates at 1A now updated to include Bremen according to our special covid-year provisions. They had 13 starters out due to quarantine. We found they had good evidence that their score would have most likely been between 154 and 166 (other vote-in candidates are at 153 to 169.5). They return 13 starters--all .500 records or better--and their lone senior starter had multiple wins over semi-state and state qualifiers.

Several other teams had me help them figure out the effects of covid on their score as well. No others were very close to justifying inclusion in the vote.

Maligned,

Great job dealing with a chaotic situation.  So often I hear “well it sucks but it is what it is and we can’t do anything about it”.  This situation sucks and I’m so happy for the way it’s being handled.  These programs shouldn’t be punished for a chance at dual state next year because COVID ended their seasons early this year.   

To be transparent, my little bro is the Head Coach at Bremen.  I’ve seen what he’s doing there.  13 returning starters.  Multiple sport athletes, but he still finds ways to get them on the mat in the off-season.  Anytime we host a camp or clinic Bremen is there with a group.  That’s a long freaking drive.  See him and his staff at everything.  It’s been fun watching him build that program.  I think they will make some noise next year and are well deserving of a spot at team state.  

Thank you for the opportunity to be in the Vote!

On 2/25/2021 at 2:35 PM, maligned said:

Vote-in candidates at 1A now updated to include Bremen according to our special covid-year provisions. They had 13 starters out due to quarantine. We found they had good evidence that their score would have most likely been between 154 and 166 (other vote-in candidates are at 153 to 169.5). They return 13 starters--all .500 records or better--and their lone senior starter had multiple wins over semi-state and state qualifiers.

Several other teams had me help them figure out the effects of covid on their score as well. No others were very close to justifying inclusion in the vote.

D, thank you for the kind words! Can't wait to get a group together to come down to the burg.

On 2/25/2021 at 9:05 PM, Darrick Snyder said:

Maligned,

Great job dealing with a chaotic situation.  So often I hear “well it sucks but it is what it is and we can’t do anything about it”.  This situation sucks and I’m so happy for the way it’s being handled.  These programs shouldn’t be punished for a chance at dual state next year because COVID ended their seasons early this year.   

To be transparent, my little bro is the Head Coach at Bremen.  I’ve seen what he’s doing there.  13 returning starters.  Multiple sport athletes, but he still finds ways to get them on the mat in the off-season.  Anytime we host a camp or clinic Bremen is there with a group.  That’s a long freaking drive.  See him and his staff at everything.  It’s been fun watching him build that program.  I think they will make some noise next year and are well deserving of a spot at team state.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.