Team State 2021 Qualification Leaderboards (Final)

maligned

Here is the 4A Leaderboard after sectionals. Remember this has very little meaning in 4A at this point. Right now, scores mostly just reflect who has a lot of non-seniors in their lineup. This class doesn't score huge points till semi-state. Teams will most likely need more than half of their team to SS 2nd round or beyond to qualify, so these scores' meaning are very limited.

image.png.bef4fc997e4c2d2fcadd7c9b7a7d72b2.png

Edited by maligned

Here is the 3A leaderboard through sectionals. These scores are slightly more meaningful than 4A, but these teams still need to get most of their team to semi-state and a good chunk to the second round of semi-state or beyond to qualify. (click a couple times to zoom) 

image.thumb.png.42f97bec8171a26b5951f8c9e1ff54e9.png

Edited by maligned

Here is the 2A leaderboard through sectionals. These scores are somewhat meaningful already. There will still be a good bit of jostling at regionals and semi-state, but the contenders are already filtered toward the upper portion of the board. Classification is now finalized (updated 2-10). Only changes from last year were Southridge and Western Boone moving down from this class to 1A. (click a couple times to zoom)

image.thumb.png.3f38bd44f97ac63aace9b5f5f4483129.png

Edited by maligned

Here is the 1A leaderboard through sectionals. This leaderboard is already very meaningful--especially for the top couple teams, who have most likely already qualified. Classification is now finalized (update 2-10). Only changes from last year were Southridge and Western Boone moving down to 1A. (click 2-3 times to zoom)

image.thumb.png.65541f1d68a65237fd5ffd87c4d1b383.png

Edited by maligned

Great stuff! Love seeing these rankings.

Question: Sullivan is in 2A and has an enrollment of 514. Southridge is in 1A with an enrollment of 515. Just an example but are these subject to change classes or set in stone for next year?

24 minutes ago, maligned said:

Here is the 1A leaderboard through sectionals. This leaderboard is already very meaningful--especially for the top couple teams, who have most likely already qualified. Keep in mind that classification won't be finalized until the IHSAA releases its new numbers, so a couple contenders here could be moving up to 2A and a couple teams from the current 2A list could be contenders here instead. (click 2-3 times to zoom)

image.thumb.png.757866b2cdcccb52ccaae4c238ec1c67.png

Tell City is in the Southridge sectional. Not Jeffersonville. 

1 hour ago, Honyock said:

Guessing he was going off prior years results.  I forget about it myself.  Kinda a odd you guys moved for this season but no other changes. Going to miss the team at Jeff.    

Edited by MattM

2 hours ago, navy80 said:

Great stuff! Love seeing these rankings.

Question: Sullivan is in 2A and has an enrollment of 514. Southridge is in 1A with an enrollment of 515. Just an example but are these subject to change classes or set in stone for next year?

Check out the thread with classification in all caps to read all the info.

2 hours ago, julio said:

How are teams that were not able to complete in the State Tournament because of COVID-19, going to be calculated?

Read the "new procedures" thread for details.

1 hour ago, bomber_bob said:

Are these scores not including the Full Lineup bonus? 

Woops. I'll fix it later tonight.

2 hours ago, Honyock said:

Sorry...didnt doublecheck I'd updated the site column on my leaderboard sheet from last year. We're tracking TC correctly in our data though. 

Next question, do alternates from the sectional round that end up getting entered in the regional affect the overall team points scored? And then the same scenario for when a the first alternate enters the semistate rd?

Thanks for all the work you guys do to put this together.

1 hour ago, coachaking said:

Next question, do alternates from the sectional round that end up getting entered in the regional affect the overall team points scored? And then the same scenario for when a the first alternate enters the semistate rd?

Thanks for all the work you guys do to put this together.

They did not get points unless they win. 

• maligned changed the title to Team State 2021 Qualification Leaderboards (CLASSIFICATION FINALIZED)
14 hours ago, Peopleschamp said:

When will the points for Regional be added in? No Rush, just curious! 

Data is up to date. I'm working on updated leaderboards now, but I'm getting injury info put into some of the scores. I'll hopefully have those posted this afternoon still.

Also...classification is now FINAL. The lists of teams posted after sectional are how they will stay.

(The IHSAA confirmed that they won't post new data--if at all--until several weeks from now. Because of how the Department of Education is collecting the data in the covid environment, there's a significant chance the IHSAA will continue to use old data for this classification cycle. Either way--it will be past our cutoff for when we need to start inviting teams and getting commitments for Team State. Again..the only changes from last year are Western Boone and Southridge dropping into 1A from 2A.)

I have a question about this rule: 

V. UNDERCLASSMAN INJURY & PROCEDURAL INELIGIBILITY PROVISION

A. If a current sophomore or junior who reached at least semi-state level (4A, 3A, 2A) or at least regional level (1A) in the previous season is a) injured or b) transfer or otherwise non-disciplinarily ineligible and does not wrestle at all at sectional, his team will be given his previous season’s points—minus the team’s individual average times 0.75.

Southridge moved from 2A to 1A this year. We had a sophomore this year who was injured and did not wrestle at sectional. He went to semistate last year. When figuring his points this year I have two questions. Do we use the points from his previous season that he earned as a 2A wrestler or would he get credit for points he would have gotten for getting to the  semistate 2nd round. It is only 1 point difference but it may make a difference. Also when figuring the team's individual average times 0.75 are we getting the teams individual average by dividing the teams total by 14 due to 14 weightclasses or in our case we only filled 13 of 14 classes at sectional would we divide by 13? 

43 minutes ago, chambers said:

I have a question about this rule: 

V. UNDERCLASSMAN INJURY & PROCEDURAL INELIGIBILITY PROVISION

A. If a current sophomore or junior who reached at least semi-state level (4A, 3A, 2A) or at least regional level (1A) in the previous season is a) injured or b) transfer or otherwise non-disciplinarily ineligible and does not wrestle at all at sectional, his team will be given his previous season’s points—minus the team’s individual average times 0.75.

Southridge moved from 2A to 1A this year. We had a sophomore this year who was injured and did not wrestle at sectional. He went to semistate last year. When figuring his points this year I have two questions. Do we use the points from his previous season that he earned as a 2A wrestler or would he get credit for points he would have gotten for getting to the  semistate 2nd round. It is only 1 point difference but it may make a difference. Also when figuring the team's individual average times 0.75 are we getting the teams individual average by dividing the teams total by 14 due to 14 weightclasses or in our case we only filled 13 of 14 classes at sectional would we divide by 13? 

The calculation is designed to substitute his ability for your team's estimated "replacement" level.

1. Take away any full-lineup bonus

2. Divide your current score by 14 to get what you earn without him

3. Multiply by 0.75 and round to the nearest whole number. That's your estimated JV or "replacement" level athlete.

(We do this so we don't have to sift through who replaced who in people's lineups.)

4. "Replace" that value with the advancement level he earned last year according to THIS YEAR's scoring chart.

(So if your calculation at Step 3 is 8 and SS first round earns you 19 this year, add 11 to your score, for example. But if you calculate all this now, you obviously have to recalculate after your team is finished scoring.)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.