Flowrestling

BrodyHardcastle

This sucks!   HOPEFULLY the people at Flo have done their homework and part of the reason for buying TW is they know the bracketing and dashboard is better.  The main things TW was better at was:

1. Brackets

2. Dashboard and match scoring integration

3. Wrestler profiles & histories

4. Not requiring an annual subscription to watch a handful of matches a year.  

That said, technology mergers take time.  I doubt you'll see much change at all for awhile.  I'd be shocked if anything changes by the end of out State Tournament.

33 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

This sucks!   HOPEFULLY the people at Flo have done their homework and part of the reason for buying TW is they know the bracketing and dashboard is better.  The main things TW was better at was:

1. Brackets

2. Dashboard and match scoring integration

3. Wrestler profiles & histories

4. Not requiring an annual subscription to watch a handful of matches a year.  

That said, technology mergers take time.  I doubt you'll see much change at all for awhile.  I'd be shocked if anything changes by the end of out State Tournament.

However, if flo includes track in its subscription, essentially you could watch any wrestling taking place on planet earth at any time and not paying 20 bucks a tournament. Could be a good thing honestly. 

Just now, Cmoney125 said:

However, if flo includes track in its subscription, essentially you could watch any wrestling taking place on planet earth at any time and not paying 20 bucks a tournament. Could be a good thing honestly. 

No.  For you maybe.  For big wrestling fans, yes.  But for someone who wants to watch their Johnny wrestle in a tournament, a year's subscription is ridiculous.  And I'm borderline.  This year, I have purchased the MD Duals, MD Holiday Classic, Team State and now will purchase the Regional and SS/State package.  I'm still getting out cheaper than buying the Gold+ package.  Flo doesn't have the Big Ten this year like it has had in the past, so there is no interest there for me.  

A reasonably priced option for PPV is what made TW better, IMO.  It allows for more people to see events, not just wrestling die-hards.   And Flo's advertising a low monthly fee, then requiring an annual subscription to get it is misleading.  THEN, if someone cancels in the first month, charging them $30 is a load of BS.  That model is not the best for wrestling fans across the board.

What i mean is that if they incorporate both options, which they very well could, its a win. For example, if they leave track and flo mostly seperate, you're good. Also, most high school wrestling on flo doesn't require a sub to watch. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.