Toughest regional this year?

Jayruss

Mooresville regional and it's not even close.. Over 40 state ranked guys with all but 170 having at least 1 ranked guy and 9 classes with at least 3 state ranked guys, and multiple with 5 ranked... Go over to the mooresville thread and read Garcias run down it's unreal.

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

37 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Mooresville regional and it's not even close.. Over 40 state ranked guys with all but 170 having at least 1 ranked guy and 9 classes with at least 3 state ranked guys, and multiple with 5 ranked... Go over to the mooresville thread and read Garcias run down it's unreal.

Will do!

7 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

At 170 Franklin Community’s Tyler Fuqua is ranked #3 in the state. 

9 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

And Mooresville is missing 3 kids that were ranked in the top 4. That regional is not getting easier anytime soon. Most the kids that come out of that regional are year round wrestlers. They are Red Cobra, Contenders, and CIA kids. They also have some of the best coaches in the state. Coaches that you see at most off season events.

Great youth programs and especially good middle school coaches!

Edited by Mattyb

1 hour ago, Mattyb said:

And Mooresville is missing 3 kids that were ranked in the top 4. That regional is not getting easier anytime soon. Most the kids that come out of that regional are year round wrestlers. They are Red Cobra, Contenders, and CIA kids. They also have some of the best coaches in the state. Coaches that you see at most off season events.

Great youth programs and especially good middle school coaches!

Oh I know brother, very impressed with y'all over that way! Trying get my boys going that direction too.. We do the best with what we got but the NC culture is being brought back to the old Days!

3 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Oh I know brother, very impressed with y'all over that way! Trying get my boys going that direction too.. We do the best with what we got but the NC culture is being brought back to the old Days!

If you don’t evolve, your going to get left behind from someone who has . Twisted Cael classic phrase a bit . #TeamGarcia 

30 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

I think that Regional is tougher than when 2017,2018, 2019, 2020 @Mattyb just in overall depth . I could be wrong 

That regional has been tough since 2014, Danville was stacked, Avon and Brownsburg with their studs and Franklin Community had all types of talent. The west side continues to send HAMMERS to reek havoc on the dirty south and it all goes down at the Mooresville regional. Going to be a fun few weeks of wrestling!

1 minute ago, QuinnHarris said:

That regional has been tough since 2014, Danville was stacked, Avon and Brownsburg with their studs and Franklin Community had all types of talent. The west side continues to send HAMMERS to reek havoc on the dirty south and it all goes down at the Mooresville regional. Going to be a fun few weeks of wrestling!

You're doing great things at BD brother and you are a great mentor to your team!

Crazy thing is Mooresville is missing

Miller,  street,  and P. Hanes 

Will nix of Martinsville 

Brooks of whiteland 

And im not sure what happend to Mills of Center Grove

Basically its already the toughest regional in the state and it could be worse.

And the next few years... Center Grove, Brownsburg, and Avon get better... which is crazy.

Monrovia and Cascade both keep improving. 

Franklin has a legendary coach... they will be consistent. 

Whiteland and Ben Davis are both big schools with young coaches that wanna grow.

I know this year is a "realignment year" so things could change... but I feel this regional is gonna be hard for along time to come

5 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

I train kids at my house and at club, they're going great with getting big numbers in youth program coming out, that's so crucial in building a program.

Youth involvement is KEY when building a program, when I was growing up my pops and Coach Helm had 40+ kids at Avon wrestling 2-3 nights a week, I graduated with 5 kids who I had wrestled with since we were pre middle school, it is pretty cool to look back and see the bonds and relationships I made over the many years in gyms all over the state and country!

IVe never seen better bomb bursting in midair type  wrestling than the Logansport regional.   Thats a show in a show.  Its like the fireworks show after the Grateful Dead concert in the hollywood bowl.   Theres a reason nobody wants to go through Logansport,  and its not because the state mental hospital is there.   Wrestling is almost as good as the Jay County regional.  Just my humble opinion.

1 hour ago, Jayruss said:

I like that!

Was on our Team state Finals shirts us guys made and on the back Ol'Cunt'ry Buffet cuz that was our real Celebration we all was pumped about, after we took 5th in Center Grove, unfortunately we got trampled by one those Legendary EMD teamsin 02 that had around a dozen current or eventual  SQ/placers.. Their JV Would beat tons of teams  and numerous state champs/runner ups,  Weinzs,coughlin,Nosko, Mauer,Macke,Conkling then other studs like  Scott,Bittner, Williams,Riggs,Lehman,Dosherand I'm sure I'm forgetting a few...imagine being the 11th best guy in your line up and you made it to state lol! We still hold the biggest L in dual  state history 66-3..We had 6 SQ and 3 placers on that squad  and  8 SSQ and got merked that bad lol..Mauer was a blur, never in my life did I get that embarrassed. Those EMD teams were disgusting.

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

5 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Was on our Team state Finals shirts us guys made and on the back Ol'Cunt'ry Buffet cuz that was our real Celebration we all was pumped about, after we took 5th in Center Grove, unfortunately we got trampled by one those Legendary EMD teamsin 02 that had around a dozen current or eventual  SQ/placers.. Their JV Would beat tons of teams  and numerous state champs/runner ups,  Weinzs,coughlin,Nosko, Mauer,Macke,Conkling then other studs like  Scott,Bittner, Williams,Riggs,Lehman,Dosherand I'm sure I'm forgetting a few...imagine being the 11th best guy in your line up and you made it to state lol! We still hold the biggest L in dual  state history 66-3..We had 6 SQ and 3 placers on that squad  and  8 SSQ and got merked that bad lol..Mauer was a blur, never in my life did I get that embarrassed. Those EMD teams were disgusting.

I just drank some adult beverages with a few of those fellas not too long ago. All good guys and yes they were ultra talented. I graduated 02 so I definitely know that team well and never went to team state, but about 10 or so individual state finals. 

7 hours ago, Jayruss said:

I just drank some adult beverages with a few of those fellas not too long ago. All good guys and yes they were ultra talented. I graduated 02 so I definitely know that team well and never went to team state, but about 10 or so individual state finals. 

Only time I seen Jagger's pinned, he  was up on Coughlin and got bulldogged!

Just now, Jayruss said:

I made the argument Coughlin was MD’s best wrestler I’ve seen up until Nick Lee. No slight on the other MD Mt. Rushmore guys! 

Coughlin and Mauer WERE until Nick... Coughlin beat Tsirtsis in FS too back then when he was thought to be untouchable... He was unreal though, closest thing was seeing him getting rode for whole period by Joe Schrock iirc..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.