Crown Point Regional

TrojanPinchyGuy

My predictions

106: I've got Jackson winning it all so of course he wins this.

1st A. Jackson Laporte

2nd J. Cortez Lake Central

3rd E Cruz Crown Point

4th M. Walden New Prairie

113: Take your pick in the finals, start of a lot of Crown Point and Chesterton.

1st A. Bahl Crown Point

2nd H. Demarco Chesterton

3rd G. Rivera Lake Central

4th J Kranz Boone Grove

120: Ditto

1st S. Lemley Chesterton

2nd L. Frazier Crown Point

3rd B Whitmer John Gleen

4th J Abbot New Prairie

126: I think this weight class is very volatile and any of these 4 could go in any order.

1st S. Vitello Valparaiso

2nd S. Goin Crown Point

3rd J. Daniels Chesterton

4th C. Solomey Kankakee Valley

132: Likewise as the prior weight, expect anything to happen between the top 3 here.   

1st A. Torres Chesterton

2nd S. Roberson Crown Point

3rd C. Solomey Kankakee Valley

4th N. Durall Wheeler

138: Jesse Mendez show. Next.

1st J. Mendez Crown Point

2nd E. Contreras Chesterton

3rd A. Glass Lake Central

4th D. Ruoff Wheeler

145: More Crown Point and Chesterton. Are you bored yet?

1st C. Goodwin Crown Point

2nd E. Kaiser Chesterton

3rd K. Bisping Lowell

4th G. Krause Knox

152:

1st B. Ellis Chesterton

2nd J. Estrada Crown Point

3rd A. Pollitt Valparaiso

4th T. Anderson LaPorte

160: 

1st. O. Cruz Crown Point

2nd J. Salary LaPorte

3rd B. Bolin Chesterton

4th J. Serafin Wheeler

170: Sneed avenges his loss to Johnson in the semifinals and takes the title

1st  A. Sneed Kankakee Valley

2nd N. Tattini Crown Point

3rd C. Johnson Chesterton

4th D. Kwiatkowski Valparaiso

182:  Layman cruises to the championship

1st G. Layman Chesterton

2nd C. Kwiatkowski Valparaiso

3rd J. Browder LaPorte

4th J. Sues Lake Central

195: 

1st G. DeMarco Chesterton

2nd C. Antrim Valparaiso

3rd T. Hoffman Hebron

4th W. Clark Crown Point

220: Evan Bates easily

1st E. Bates Chesterton

2nd M. Degrado Lake Central

3rd P. Clark Crown Point

4th D. Csomos Hebron

285: Whitenack has pinned everyone this year that will continue here.

1st. H. Whitenack New Prairie

2nd J. Mollencup Wheeler

3rd. J. Ruess Crown Point

4th S. Garcia Lake Central

A lot of toss ups between Crown Point and Chesterton but I think Crown Point pulls it off.

106: Jackson, Cortez, Cruz, Walden

113: DeMarco, Bahl, Rivera, May

120: Lemley, Frazier, Whitmer, Kasprzak

126: Goin, Vitello, Daniels, Solomey

132: Torres, Solomey, Roberson, Durall

138: Mendez, Contreras, Ruoff, Bennett

145: Goodwin, Kaiser, Krause, Bisping

152: Estrada, Ellis, Anderson, Pollitt

160: Cruz, Salary, Bolin, Serafin

170: Johnson, Sneed, Tattini, Kwiatkowski

182: Layman, Kwiatkowski, Browder, Sues

195: DeMarco, Clark, Antrim, Hoffman

220: Bates, DeGrado, Clark, Duschek

285: Whitenack, Mollencupp, Garcia, Ruess

Few notes:

126: I have Daniels getting third, but don't overlook him either.

132: Top three could be taking a regional title home, they will all have to show up.

152: 6 returning semi state qualifiers in this weight class, with 4 state ranked guys, two semi state quality wrestlers or better will be ending their seasons this Saturday.

170: Another weight class where the top three could win it. Tattini is the returning state qualifier but has lost to both Sneed and Johnson this year, give me Johnson winning the regional, but Sneed and Tattini are capable as well.

182: Watch out for Jaden Browder when he's hot.

Nam was ineligible at LC, I hear he will be wrestling for the Caravan and coach Tsirtsis. Great landing spot for Nam, a loss to indiana wrestling 

predictions 

106: jackson, Cortez Cruz Walden 

113: Bahl, Demarco, Rivera, Kranz 

120: lemley, Frazier, Kasprzak, whitmer (possible state championship match) 

126: Goin, Vitello, solomy Daniels/Adamczyk (will be a good one early coin toss match) 

132: Roberson Torres solomy Durall **nasty weight top 3 could all be in the semis 

138: mendez, Contreas Ruoff Glass 

145: Goodwin, Kaiser, Bisping Krause

152: Estrada, Ellis Politt Anderson/ponce (first rd will be a great match early on) 

160: Cruz, salary, Bolin, serafin 

170: Sneed, tattini, Johnson, Kwitowski (even weight across the board any guy could win) 

182: Layman, kwitkowski Browder, Sues(don’t sleep on Carter CP record is not great but is a talented wrestler who got in late) 

195 Demarco, Clark, Hoffman Antrim 

220 Bates Degrado, Clark Cosmos 

285 Whitesnack Mollencupp, Garcia Ruess 

half of the state Champs could be out of this regional. I feel like this is tough draw Regional at the semi state. Lots of these guys will be in Indy in 3 weeks 

2 minutes ago, TysonNisley said:

@ontherise219are these really predictions though if you didn't have predictions for all of the matches though?

Anderson at 52 and Adamczyk at 26. 

I have Cp and Chesterton in a tight race, that will be repeated next week at the semi state 

4 hours ago, ontherise219 said:

Nam was ineligible at LC, I hear he will be wrestling for the Caravan and coach Tsirtsis. Great landing spot for Nam, a loss to indiana wrestling 

predictions 

106: jackson, Cortez Cruz Walden 

113: Bahl, Demarco, Rivera, Kranz 

120: lemley, Frazier, Kasprzak, whitmer (possible state championship match) 

126: Goin, Vitello, solomy Daniels/Adamczyk (will be a good one early coin toss match) 

132: Roberson Torres solomy Durall **nasty weight top 3 could all be in the semis 

138: mendez, Contreas Ruoff Glass 

145: Goodwin, Kaiser, Bisping Krause

152: Estrada, Ellis Politt Anderson/ponce (first rd will be a great match early on) 

160: Cruz, salary, Bolin, serafin 

170: Sneed, tattini, Johnson, Kwitowski (even weight across the board any guy could win) 

182: Layman, kwitkowski Browder, Sues(don’t sleep on Carter CP record is not great but is a talented wrestler who got in late) 

195 Demarco, Clark, Hoffman Antrim 

220 Bates Degrado, Clark Cosmos 

285 Whitesnack Mollencupp, Garcia Ruess 

half of the state Champs could be out of this regional. I feel like this is tough draw Regional at the semi state. Lots of these guys will be in Indy in 3 weeks 

7 out of 14?!?  I know I have been quiet this year and I haven't done the proper research to make this comment, but I will anyway...I would put the over/under at 2.5 State Champs from this Regional and I am taking the Under.

11 minutes ago, Indysportsfan said:

7 out of 14?!?  I know I have been quiet this year and I haven't done the proper research to make this comment, but I will anyway...I would put the over/under at 2.5 State Champs from this Regional and I am taking the Under.

I see three champs. With 5 being a possibility.

I think Sergio Lemley, Jesse Mendez, and Evan Bates make 3, with not too many people in the state that can challenge them for that spot. I also see Torres possibly shocking the field at 132 (top 9 or 10 in that weight class are all possible contenders in my opinion), Goodwin possibly winning at 145, and Estrada possibly winning at 152, so that makes 6 possible champs from the Crown Point regional alone. If you're feeling brave, you could say that Layman could win it all at 182, or maybe Jackson taking 106, but for the sake of the argument, we'll stick with 6 possible champs.

10 minutes ago, TysonNisley said:

I think Sergio Lemley, Jesse Mendez, and Evan Bates make 3, with not too many people in the state that can challenge them for that spot. I also see Torres possibly shocking the field at 132 (top 9 or 10 in that weight class are all possible contenders in my opinion), Goodwin possibly winning at 145, and Estrada possibly winning at 152, so that makes 6 possible champs from the Crown Point regional alone. If you're feeling brave, you could say that Layman could win it all at 182, or maybe Jackson taking 106, but for the sake of the argument, we'll stick with 6 possible champs.

New Prairie Heavyweight as that weight seems open for the taking

I agree, most weights in this regional could have someone taking top 3, I see both DeMarcos possibly placing higher than their ranking, Cruz making a deep run at 160, and heavyweight is just one of those weights that is unpredictable, plus Whitenack is a freaking unit.

Heard the chesterton 126 who got eligibility on the day before sectionals just had it taken away now by ihsaa.. how do u make a kid eligible then turn around and make him not .. plus by allowing him it really screwed up the whole bracket from sectionals cause he came in at 6 and beat the 3rd seed so that kid also now got screwed ...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.