Carroll regional predictions

Let’s hear those picks! Mine are as follows. 

106: wiemer of Garrett 

113: Brady of Garrett 

120: Veatch of Leo 

126: tuesh of Huntington North 

132: Heath of Leo 

138: Gilbert of Garrett 

145: Chacon of New Haven 

152: Ulrick of Carroll 

160: Hilger of Bishop Dwenger

170: Morris of South Side 

182: Saylor of New Haven 

195: Lepper of Carroll 

220: Bills of Carroll 

285: Muncey of Carroll 

On 2/1/2021 at 6:48 PM, Ftwaynewrestlingfan said:

Let’s hear those picks! Mine are as follows. 

106: wiemer of Garrett 

113: Brady of Garrett 

120: Veatch of Leo 

126: tuesh of Huntington North 

132: Heath of Leo 

138: Gilbert of Garrett 

145: Chacon of New Haven 

152: Ulrick of Carroll 

160: Hilger of Bishop Dwenger

170: Morris of South Side 

182: Saylor of New Haven 

195: Lepper of Carroll 

220: Bills of Carroll 

285: Muncey of Carroll 

Looks Pretty Chalk. I’ll stir the pot a lil bit.  113 is interesting:  Brady has won every encounter with Cornwell.  Brady is the more seasoned wrestler.  Look for The Lil General to keep it closer and make better situational decisions. 

132. Seems like a lock.  I’m not totally convinced. 138 push.  160: fireworks. I’ll take Spencer here.  170...The top 3 here could all go to Banker’s Life if focused and Ready. For me I can’t lose: I coached Mullinix’s dad at Wayne High School in 1991-1992.  Hardest worker I ever met even currently.  Matt Morris Sr. was my backup my senior year at Snider.  And of course Kreager is a Panther:  I won’t choose.  182 smoove Sayling.  195...Deep...220 I’m back on The Frosh. Give me Hinton.  285: Stop 🛑.

For what it's worth, even if it's not worth much:

106 Weimer over Ruselink 

113 Brady over Cornwell

120 Veatch over McComb

126 McCormack over Hart

132 Heath over Shelton

138 Forrester over Gilbert

145 Chacon over Wells IV

152 Ulrick over Leach

160 Hilger over Spencer

170 Krueger over Delaney

182 Saylor over Hudson

195 Lepper over Grider

220 Bills over Clifford

285 Muncie over Louden

20 minutes ago, rookie78 said:

For what it's worth, even if it's not worth much:

106 Weimer over Ruselink 

113 Brady over Cornwell

120 Veatch over McComb

126 McCormack over Hart

132 Heath over Shelton

138 Forrester over Gilbert

145 Chacon over Wells IV

152 Ulrick over Leach

160 Hilger over Spencer

170 Krueger over Delaney

182 Saylor over Hudson

195 Lepper over Grider

220 Bills over Clifford

285 Muncie over Louden

170 Delaney has never even come close to beating Morris.  Let alone Mullinax.  Grider won’t sniff the finals. Hudson? Hudson? Someone must of dropped out of the weight or you’ve been on that “Erb”. 220?  Admit it: you have no idea.

Ok I’ll bite.

106 Weimer.  I don’t know if he is related to my lil guy Nate...But I love the last name. He won’t be tested.

113: I already said my piece.

120: I have no FN idea.

126: My wrestle buddy and fellow conservative Nate Teusch is the uncle of what seems to be the 90th Teusch. Call me biased: word to Eddie Palmer, Nicky Bauer and my Frenemy Mike Belmont: I’ll take the Vike.

132:  I don’t want to concede.....can we have parlay? Nah Reakus go get : I must choose Heath: watch out for Lil Hicks: I’m not fooled.

138.  I really don’t know so I’ll take the Railroader.

145..,,The son of Panther great Johnathon Browlee: Chacon.  Also the nephew of my guy Tony. Go get that Ship yougin’.

152. Ulrick.  Very underrated wrestler. And I think most Carroll wrestlers are overrated: not this guy.

160. You know what I said 

220.  Okay, okay.  I’m sticking with the Frosh.  Give me Harris and Hinton in the tie breaker.  Yep I put pressure on the kid but he said he wants to be a champion: get used to it.  As I said previously:  they all are studs and any of the 4 could win on any given Saturday.

285: Stop with the funnies: Big Munce

34 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Ok I’ll bite.

106 Weimer.  I don’t know if he is related to my lil guy Nate...But I love the last name. He won’t be tested.

113: I already said my piece.

120: I have no FN idea.

126: My wrestle buddy and fellow conservative Nate Teusch is the uncle of what seems to be the 90th Teusch. Call me biased: word to Eddie Palmer, Nicky Bauer and my Frenemy Mike Belmont: I’ll take the Vike.

132:  I don’t want to concede.....can we have parlay? Nah Reakus go get : I must choose Heath: watch out for Lil Hicks: I’m not fooled.

138.  I really don’t know so I’ll take the Railroader.

145..,,The son of Panther great Johnathon Browlee: Chacon.  Also the nephew of my guy Tony. Go get that Ship yougin’.

152. Ulrick.  Very underrated wrestler. And I think most Carroll wrestlers are overrated: not this guy.

160. You know what I said 

220.  Okay, okay.  I’m sticking with the Frosh.  Give me Harris and Hinton in the tie breaker.  Yep I put pressure on the kid but he said he wants to be a champion: get used to it.  As I said previously:  they all are studs and any of the 4 could win on any given Saturday.

285: Stop with the funnies: Big Munce

70 im guessing you don't want to pick the panther, morris, or mullinax because of the ties

82 saylor you already said

95 what's your thought?  Lepper?

1 minute ago, nkraus said:

70 im guessing you don't want to pick the panther, morris, or mullinax because of the ties

82 saylor you already said

95 what's your thought?  Lepper?

Ahhhhh. Solid wrestler.  Just hasn’t wowed me.  I expected a dominant season from this guy.  I haven’t seen dominance.  The Mills kid from Homestead did wow me.  Grider is really improved:  I think he may have what I call SACitis. That is being elite on the feet and average on the mat.  All of our elite wrestler have it except for the medalist like Woenker.  I plan on curing this ailment this off-season. You know I’m a Harris guy. I want to pick him but the recent results tell me to stifle my enthusiasm.  So Mills and Lepper : I say fireworks 💥.

1 hour ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

He's brownlees son? I'll never forget Brownlee losing to Mauer after a unreal match when he tried a headlock in OT losing 3-1 iirc... Was the biggest 45er I ever seen...

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

31 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Ahhhhh. Solid wrestler.  Just hasn’t wowed me.  I expected a dominant season from this guy.  I haven’t seen dominance.  The Mills kid from Homestead did wow me.  Grider is really improved:  I think he may have what I call SACitis. That is being elite on the feet and average on the mat.  All of our elite wrestler have it except for the medalist like Woenker.  I plan on curing this ailment this off-season. You know I’m a Harris guy. I want to pick him but the recent results tell me to stifle my enthusiasm.  So Mills and Lepper : I say fireworks 💥.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to see a Mills vs Lepper match up. CoVid took out 6 of our 10 qualifiers and 2 more before sectionals. It has been an interesting year. Everyone be grateful for the opportunity to compete. Personally I know Mills never stopped from last year when a shoulder injury knocked him out from competing at semi-state. He is a Junior and hopefully we get a clean run next year. 

16 minutes ago, aoberlin said:

Unfortunately, we will not be able to see a Mills vs Lepper match up. CoVid took out 6 of our 10 qualifiers and 2 more before sectionals. It has been an interesting year. Everyone be grateful for the opportunity to compete. Personally I know Mills never stopped from last year when a shoulder injury knocked him out from competing at semi-state. He is a Junior and hopefully we get a clean run next year. 

Sorry to hear the news Coach!

51 minutes ago, CoachDuke2.0 said:

Wait is that really brownlees son? Brownlee was my fav wrestler growing up. Idk if ive ever seen anyone faster on their feet. Maybe brandon wright but thats it. 

58 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

He's brownlees son? I'll never forget Brownlee losing to Mauer after a unreal match when he tried a headlock in OT losing 3-1 iirc... Was the biggest 45er I ever seen...

Ester was my coach and he told me all about Brownlee and I also was told how Elijah was his son and how good he was going to be.   

6 hours ago, nkraus said:

Ester was my coach and he told me all about Brownlee and I also was told how Elijah was his son and how good he was going to be.   

Nice,I remember Landon Boe vs chacon last year Friday night was Bananas with chacon coming back from down  4 in last period to win in OT... His dad was a monster.

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

7 hours ago, aoberlin said:

Sorry to hear that coach.  The last two years have been rough.  You guys are doing the work: it will come to fruition.  Good luck.

Edited by GenHeavyHandz

2 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

I wonder if elijah knows how badass his dad was? 

I consider Brownlee one the best who never did it(win state) from my alma mater.  I give the nod to Tony Vaughn. Tony was my teammate in High School and my Coach at Manchester College.  Full circle ⭕️ moment.

10 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Mills is out of the bracket due to contact tracing 

3 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

I consider Brownlee one the best who never did it(win state) from my alma mater.  I give the nod to Tony Vaughn. Tony was my teammate in High School and my Coach at Manchester College.  Full circle ⭕️ moment.

He's def one of the better guys I seen not win it, Even though he might not have all the state accolades that some that made it further and came up short, knowing his skilkset and ability far exceeds anything on paper.. I'm from the school full of some the best to never win it.. Jaggers, Mullins (25+ iswa state titles 4x placer and runner up) Campbell ( 2x runner up and was a freshman Ranked 1 Unbeaten before bud appendix burst week of semi state, Terrell Coatie (didn't start wrestling until HS and lost ayear of eligibility transferring his Jr year from perry then his senior year Pinned  2x state champ at SS and beat Alex Conkling at team state aka that years state runner up to Williams) Not to mention Keith Garrard who might be one the best 1x placers ever who had death draws first 2 years only having 2 osses his first 2 seasons going TO SS losing heart breaker to eventual state runner up in ticket round, then lost do his rival aka multiple placer Strub in ticket round, gets 5th as a Jr losing to runner up then being 48-0 ranked 1 and being upset in ticket round senior year.. Took few years off and came out for Wabash team and placed 5th to become an all American...NC the land of State title heart 💔 haven't won a state title since my cousin Bubba put on one of the most memorable state title runs in 95... Throw in the former HS national win record holder with 218 and made great Mac Taylor aka 4x placer and that's a crazy bunch.

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.