Jasper Semi State...???

JustAnotherFan

From what I'm hearing this all but guarantees that there will be no fans. Looks like the only semi-state that will have fans is Fort Wayne at the Coliseum. 

Sad because I always look forward to the @TripleB built Ford tough locks. An the awesome person who always writes up a great facilities, parking, and food preview.

And how about the finals!?!? Like a mini state, with the intros and Lights...Lazers.. (no smoke machine tho) 

I guess if it keeps our season rolling I'm all for it. 

Sounds like ihsaa just inked an exclusive deal with trackwrestling to broadcast regional, semi-state,  and state.

10 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I’m hearing that “Evansville” is now the “Jasper” Semi State...???

Any info out there?

Does this impact spectators?

I have a feeling many locations through this road to the finals will be moved. As long as they wrestle I’m good. I don’t have a dog in the fight. I’m just hoping the wrestlers get to wrestle 

3 hours ago, indypharmd said:

Trackwrestling has Jasper listed as the site for semi state.

would Jeffersonville/TH/Bloomington been a better option if it had to remain closer to the southern border of the state?

To try an look on the bright side we went from a 2h 30min drive in a mini-bus with a time change to now a 2 hour drive with no time change.  Yet the comfy confines of the Ford Center will be missed. 

Edited by MattM

1 minute ago, chinwhipper said:

Why not take it back to Seymour?  

I’d assume it’s one or two things. Someone at Jasper got the inside info about being able to get it once Ford Center declined.  And two, like many other schools in the state, Seymour may not be looking to take on any additional outside events during this Covid situation.   Besides if the IHSAA plans to restricting fans you wouldn’t need a mega size gyms anyway.   

13 hours ago, chinwhipper said:

Why not take it back to Seymour?  

Oh please no! Jasper makes the most since it's centrally located, you "northerners" don't have to change time and Evansville people can get there with out leaving at midnight. Next year I'll rent my livingroom and downstairs bath for a case of Busch Light if we can move it back to the Ford Center!

Evansville people won't have to make the trip this year but Evansville wrestlers will.

Edited by Ahawkeye

58 minutes ago, Ahawkeye said:

Oh please no! Jasper makes the most sence it's centrally located, you "northerners" don't have to change time and Evansville people can get there with out leaving at midnight. Next year I'll rent my livingroom and downstairs bath for a case of Bucsh Light if we can move it back to the Ford Center!

Evansville people won't have to make the trip this year but Evansville wrestlers will.

I thought Mater Dei people drank Old Milwaukee?

10 hours ago, SWINfan said:

I thought Mater Dei people drank Old Milwaukee?

Hmmm if the store was out of Busch Light I would go to another store. If all the stores were out of Busch Light I would buy Bud Light but I'm sure tastes vary from one Weatsider to another. Old Milwaukee is way down on my list. PBR or Sterling would come before Old Milwaukee.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.