SAC Ft Wayne

MUD

When will they be able to have middle school wrestling? This has been a big problem. Our home Ft Wayne semi state really needs an RTC or 2 in the area. Maybe one for north of Ft Wayne and one between Ft Wayne & Muncie and each close to the state line. My thinking is having an Elkhart, north Ft Wayne, and Defiance/Toledo influence for the north and have a Muncie, Adams County/Celina, and Lima influence on the south. This could be something that Parkview Sports could really help with.

On 1/22/2021 at 9:34 AM, casualwrestlingfan said:

When will they be able to have middle school wrestling? This has been a big problem. Our home Ft Wayne semi state really needs an RTC or 2 in the area. Maybe one for north of Ft Wayne and one between Ft Wayne & Muncie and each close to the state line. My thinking is having an Elkhart, north Ft Wayne, and Defiance/Toledo influence for the north and have a Muncie, Adams County/Celina, and Lima influence on the south. This could be something that Parkview Sports could really help with.

Blackhawk has middle school wrestling and they have been dominating.  Concordia has a solid middle school programs.  There are plenty of clubs and Indiana Tech runs an RTC.  So does Caroll.  COVID is the issue right now.

21 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Blackhawk has middle school wrestling and they have been dominating.  Concordia has a solid middle school programs.  There are plenty of clubs and Indiana Tech runs an RTC.  So does Caroll.  COVID is the issue right now.

COVID isn't the main issue. The problem has been before COVID arrived. COVID is just a new issue to add on top of the lack of champions and down turn that the Ft Wayne semi state has had the past 5 years or so.

1 hour ago, casualwrestlingfan said:

COVID isn't the main issue. The problem has been before COVID arrived. COVID is just a new issue to add on top of the lack of champions and down turn that the Ft Wayne semi state has had the past 5 years or so.

Again you are wrong.  Graber won state in 2018.....Jacob Grey won also. Ruble was just in the finals.  Snider has an 8th grader who will ranked first in the Semi-State day 1.  Hinton is a Freshman from Northrop with one loss he avenged in spectacular fashion I might add.  He has National accomplishments as well.  We have like 4-5 legacy kids from Blackhawk next year coming in.  The cupboard is full don’t be a pessimist.

2 hours ago, casualwrestlingfan said:

De'alcapon Veazy wins middle school state! Blackhawk Middle School.

15 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

De'alcapon Veazy wins middle school state! Blackhawk Middle School.

I don't think he was to bash FW like that he's just saying compared to the the other semi States it's very very very significant difference in Talent depth... The fact you had to go back 3 years ago to name a State champ is what he's getting at... There's def quality guys year in year out it's just the depth isn't there like the others...I love that your passionate about your area like I am mine, I just think he's reiterating what comes up often.. regardless, Congrats on that Stud Veazys Title! Looking forward to seeing the young guns making the jump and I'll keep my eye out for the guys you speak of.

1 hour ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Again you are wrong.  Graber won state in 2018.....Jacob Grey won also. Ruble was just in the finals.  Snider has an 8th grader who will ranked first in the Semi-State day 1.  Hinton is a Freshman from Northrop with one loss he avenged in spectacular fashion I might add.  He has National accomplishments as well.  We have like 4-5 legacy kids from Blackhawk next year coming in.  The cupboard is full don’t be a pessimist.

Those champs are a few years old now, and they’re in the Fort Wayne semi state, but not actual Fort Wayne. Our semi state has been propped up by schools outside the Fort Wayne area. But I do think SAC schools are trending up, nice to see a guy like Hinton as a freshman. What high school is Veazy going to end up at?

7 minutes ago, Thor said:

Those champs are a few years old now, and they’re in the Fort Wayne semi state, but not actual Fort Wayne. Our semi state has been propped up by schools outside the Fort Wayne area. But I do think SAC schools are trending up, nice to see a guy like Hinton as a freshman. What high school is Veazy going to end up at?

Snider

23 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

I don't think he was to bash FW like that he's just saying compared to the the other semi States it's very very very significant difference in Talent depth... The fact you had to go back 3 years ago to name a State champ is what he's getting at... There's def quality guys year in year out it's just the depth isn't there like the others...I love that your passionate about your area like I am mine, I just think he's reiterating what comes up often.. regardless, Congrats on that Stud Veazys Title! Looking forward to seeing the young guns making the jump and I'll keep my eye out for the guys you speak of.

I’ve been hearing that same old line for a minute.  Rome wasn’t built in a day: but with careful planning a dynasty can be built piece by piece.  Veazy is not the only one .  I’m glad the other guys are under the radar.  This is what I can tell you.  I’m coming out of my self imposed hiatus.  Noise will be made. Bells shall ring.  Names you’ve heard before : just younger and prepped.   The next 6 years is going to be fun.  If I’m wrong: remind me later.

18 minutes ago, Thor said:

No, we are all in this together: the whole semi-state.  Fort Wayne is going to be ok.  It takes time to build something up and I know several guys that are sacrificing a whole lot to try and get these kids where they can compete for titles.  These efforts will come to fruition.  If I have to lose a limb or go into paralysis:  it will happen.

While Fort Wayne wrestling does seem to be trending upwards, new rtcs certainly would do no harm. I believe a big contributor to the talent gap we see is the lack of academies in the Fort Wayne area. Guys who want high level training have to travel to the region or Indy. This puts us at a huge disadvantage to the other areas who have 2-3 different practices to choose from every night with high quality coaches and partners at each. If a good coach decides to open up a full time academy in Fort Wayne I guarantee that you would have a room full of high level guys which would in turn lead to more athletes developing into studs!

2 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Until we see the depth this area used to have, it will be hard not to think of the old days. Not trying to bash the area, but we are falling behind in this area like in other sports. Winter sports have not done that great for the boys teams. Heck the football has been down as well. Yes SA & EN, & Luers have made appearances, but that's been about it. Heck, baseball hasn't been represented as much either. Is it because more people are leaving this area for the suburbs of Indy or out of state? It's not what it used to be, and we may have a couple RTC areas, but do they match the level of those near Indy or Evansville?

6 minutes ago, casualwrestlingfan said:

Until we see the depth this area used to have, it will be hard not to think of the old days. Not trying to bash the area, but we are falling behind in this area like in other sports. Winter sports have not done that great for the boys teams. Heck the football has been down as well. Yes SA & EN, & Luers have made appearances, but that's been about it. Heck, baseball hasn't been represented as much either. Is it because more people are leaving this area for the suburbs of Indy or out of state? It's not what it used to be, and we may have a couple RTC areas, but do they match the level of those near Indy or Evansville?

SAC is one of the best football conferences in the nation imho. Plenty of D1 talent, also Dwenger has recently won state In fb and Concordia has won within recent years as well. Homestead has won b-ball north side runner up recently. These things that you guys are alluding to as far as wrestling opportunities are in the works and developing. Like Genheavyhandz said its hard to really talk RTC growth during the pandemic because we don’t know what the participation is

7 hours ago, Ftwaynewrestlingfan said:

While Fort Wayne wrestling does seem to be trending upwards, new rtcs certainly would do no harm. I believe a big contributor to the talent gap we see is the lack of academies in the Fort Wayne area. Guys who want high level training have to travel to the region or Indy. This puts us at a huge disadvantage to the other areas who have 2-3 different practices to choose from every night with high quality coaches and partners at each. If a good coach decides to open up a full time academy in Fort Wayne I guarantee that you would have a room full of high level guys which would in turn lead to more athletes developing into studs!

On the Way!  I’ve been trying to build one for 9 years.  We are nearly there.  

7 hours ago, casualwrestlingfan said:

The depth is coming.   It’s not 1992.  Infrastructures had to be torn down and rebuilt.  Now some of these schools play in-house.  These programs have a ceiling.  Some people say I talk about me too much:  Guys we work with get medals.  I also have a nationally ranked sons: a 6th grader and 4th grader😜.  Pray they don’t transfer here from Iowa or I’ll never shut up.

9 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

I’ve been hearing that same old line for a minute.  Rome wasn’t built in a day: but with careful planning a dynasty can be built piece by piece.  Veazy is not the only one .  I’m glad the other guys are under the radar.  This is what I can tell you.  I’m coming out of my self imposed hiatus.  Noise will be made. Bells shall ring.  Names you’ve heard before : just younger and prepped.   The next 6 years is going to be fun.  If I’m wrong: remind me later.

I don't want you to be wrong, I want our sport elevated to the highest level all across the state.

2 hours ago, Athenr said:

Gavin Davis a champ from Leo! Looks like we sprinkle the heavier weights with some NE Indiana placers more than the lighter weights.

Leo's elementary team has been getting better the past few years.  I know Covid has killed the number of schools and teams at tourney's but their kids won elementary state this year and place high in most area tourneys.  Several years ago that club room for the elementary kids was bare.  It's a brawl now.  I have some family that's been in that wrestling room for their club.  Woods and Cameron Harris have pumped more life in that program than pretty much anyone in the northeast corner of the state has to their kids room.  That's what schools need to look at.  Building from their youth.

In terms of RTC in our area, Bellmont has a great acadamy that Tim Myers puts on spring through fall.  For little kids and middle school and high school.  AC has done some camps in years past as well.

On 1/22/2021 at 9:34 AM, casualwrestlingfan said:

Regarding the RTC..I know last year was different with Covid.   Normally Garrett and Carroll run Open rooms on opposite days.  We've had most NE Indiana schools represented in each room.  I'd say this has been a good thing for the area the last couple years.  I plan to keep doing that at Garrett one way or another this year.  

Cam and Woodze have done a great job!! The school has typically been a football supported school and wrestling doesn't get much love....just look at their wrestling room 😕 However, the club and board have supported the growth these two have been able to generate. Hopefully these young men and their parents realize the life lessons wrestling provides and they stay at it. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.