Indiana

10 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

I think it's different with each Wrestler..I think their work ethic and attitude are the main thing imho.. All the potential in the world is irrelevant if the mindset isn't there..

It's a collective set of things that go into it and it's impossible to put an exact answer to this very loaded question but I like the conversation and dialogue...

I think that the journey getting to being an AA is actually part of the unknown that makes coaching fun, challenging and rewarding because there's so many variables the go into achieving that status..

I've seen so many guys that you'd think would be a see a shew in state champion and eventual successful in college.. Then life throws things at them and things happen.. Then I've seen guys that well over achieved their perceived potential... There's such a huge leap in evey facet that can happen between college and HS where either guys Flourish and become the best them possible and some that are really successful don't pan out like many thought they would..

So that brings me back to knowing what to look for when trying to make an educated prediction on a Wrestlers success..If they got that dog in Em have showed to compete in every position regardless of the outcome, have great work ethic, attitude and GRADES then you have a great candidate to succeed at that level.. Not everybody is gonna be Zain or Snyder but remember there's 7 Other podium spots to be had and being an Academic all American is another dynamic to it.. If you're looking at a guy and he's a ACADEMIC All state in HS that right there answers many of the questions you have cuz regardless if he medals or not he's successful in the arena I life and that'll make you more proud than any 🏅

!As long as we as coaches keep evolving, contributing and learning ourselves the rest will take care of itself... At IU they are changing the culture, that process breeds success, then when a kid arrives to college regardless of his accolades he will be the small fish in the big pond again and have no choice but to get better, The level of comp in that room will make any guy that comes in the room  be there Best self possible..

Keep doing what you're doing brother and elevating the level in your area and getting us some guys that can go to IU and show out! It takes the entire Wrestling community to thrive for betterment of the sport and that I'm itself will keep our  state of Indiana rising up the ranks even higher when it comes to Not only Quality wrestling but quantity as well..

As you know PA and OH don't only have Elite talent At the top they have depth behind their great guys.. That breeds success having so much quality wrestling in state comp..Our HS scene is really pushing out tons of College success and the RTCs and academies are huge part of that helping prep our youth for the best..

If everybody that don't have RTCs can get their youth program going like your do at Garrett btw your looking out bro, along with many other successful HS teams if all sizes that'll keep helping raise the level across the state..

e gotta ensure our Youth programs are on point to promote a culture at all levels in a Wrestling program.

In a typical year we have about 15 schools represented at our club ...Covid changed things obviously.  But, our room would have 35-50 kids most sessions.  It's been great for the kids to be training together.  We bring in college coaches, myself, and other guests for clinics.  I do most of the clinics or have likeminded people run the clinic because I think consistency matters.  

15 hours ago, nkraus said:

In a typical year we have about 15 schools represented at our club ...Covid changed things obviously.  But, our room would have 35-50 kids most sessions.  It's been great for the kids to be training together.  We bring in college coaches, myself, and other guests for clinics.  I do most of the clinics or have likeminded people run the clinic because I think consistency matters.  

You're doing awesome brother.

On 1/21/2021 at 7:44 PM, FCFIGHTER170 said:

He placed 4th at big 10s and ncaa qualifier, very big win

Yes, like I said, it was a good win for him.  I think it is great.  It also show's the depth Michigan has since he will not be a starter once Micic starts wrestling.  Which will be a while now that they are shut down for a couple of weeks.

5 hours ago, ReformedPoster said:

Yes, like I said, it was a good win for him.  I think it is great.  It also show's the depth Michigan has since he will not be a starter once Micic starts wrestling.  Which will be a while now that they are shut down for a couple of weeks.

Is def coming back this season?

125: Drew Hildebrandt #4, Brock Hudkins #18

133: Stevan Micic #2

141: Nick Lee #3, Chad Red #6

149: Graham Rooks #15

157: Brayton Lee #7

165: Joe Lee #12

174: Drew Hughes #14

197: Lucas Davison #5, Thomas Penola #21

285: Mason Parris #2

Some pretty good representation in the newest Florankings. Seven guys ranked in the top 7 of their weight classes is pretty impressive.