Indiana at Michigan

I think Hudkins can win, but he'll have to wrestle better than he did against IL.  Even then, I think it's 50/50 at best.  If Micic and Myles Amine are in the line up it will get even uglier.  IU has a long way to go to be competitive with the middle tier of the big 10, let alone the top of the conference.

Indiana Probable Lineup 
125: #12 Brock Hudkins
133: Kyle Luigs or Asa Garcia
141: Kyle Luigs or Asa Garcia
149: Luke Baughman
157: Matt Ortiz
165: #26 Nick South
174: #28 Donnell Washington 
184: Drayton Harris
197: Nick Willham
285: Rudy Streck

Michigan Probable Lineup 
125: #10 Dylan Ragusin or Jack Medley
133: Stevan Micic
141: Drew Mattin
149: #8 Kanen Storr
157: #10 Will Lewan
165: #19 Cameron Amine
174: #2 Logan Massa
184: Joseph Walker
197: Andrew Davison
285: #2 Mason Parris 

15 hours ago, ReformedPoster said:

I think Hudkins can win, but he'll have to wrestle better than he did against IL. 

I’m all for Hudkins and glad he helped upgrade IU at 125.  That being said Ragusin has been much better than expected so far and I’d expect him to win this one if Mich. puts him in. I also agree Hudkins needs to get himself to another gear than what we saw against the Illini.

Hopefully Angel can get him and of the other Hoosier to work up to their peak level as we get into the Big10 tournament.   The team still a work in progress and Angels guys are just now starting to take over the room and starting lineup.  They have potential to be a solid Big10 team if Escobedo can keep getting them to take steps forward over the next few season.

A few years back people were questioning the Esland hire and looks where Purdue has got to. It took about 5 years to get them to move to the middle of the Big 10.  I believe Angels is just in year four with a worse situation than the Boilermakers had, people need to still give him another year or two more of recruiting and development before passing too much judgement on the progress of the IU program. 

48 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Did anyone watch this today on btn+?  Was their sound?  I just got home and am trying to watch and am getting no sound and no graphics.  It's driving me nuts!

I saw Michigan wrestling posted on Twitter they were having feed issues

1 hour ago, nk140 said:

I saw Michigan wrestling posted on Twitter they were having feed issues

They definitely did.  If you go back to the replay now, all you see is half the match at 197, Parris' fall at 285, a delay watching them clean the mats, and then the extra matches....   all with no sound or graphics.

Sucks!

Indiana vs. Michigan Bout Scores 
165: #16 Cameron Amine (MICH) def. #26 Nick South (IU) 8-3 decision (IU 0, MICH 3)
174: #2 Logan Massa (MICH) def. #28 Donnell Washington (IU) fall at 6:38 (IU 0, MICH 9)
184: Jaden Bullock (MICH) def. Drayton Harris(IU) tech fall 16-0/3:48 (IU 0, MICH 14)
197:  Nick Willham (IU) def. Andrew Davison (MICH) 4-2 decision (IU 3, MICH 14)
285: #2 Mason Parris (MICH) def. Rudy Streck(IU) fall at 2:06 (IU 3, MICH 20)
125: #10 Dylan Ragusin (MICH) def. Brock Hudkins (IU) 6-4 decision (IU 3, MICH 23)
133: Asa Garcia (IU) def.  Jack Medley (MICH) 11-6 decision (IU 6, MICH 23)
141: Drew Mattin (MICH) def. Kyle Luigs (IU) 11-6 decision (IU 6, MICH 26)
149: #6 Kanen Storr (MICH) def. Luke Baughman(IU) 5-2 decision (IU 6, MICH 29)
157: #8 Will Lewan (MICH) def. Matt Ortiz (IU) 8-3 decision (IU 6, MICH 32)

Extra Matches
157: Fidel Mayora (MICH) def. Jonathan Kervin(IU) 6-2 decision
125: Jacob Moran (IU) def. Kurt McHenry (MICH) 4-1 decision
141: Pat Nolan (MICH) def. Nico Bolivar (IU) 4-1 decision
165: Layne Van Anrooy (MICH) def. Derek Gilcher(IU) 7-3 decision
174: Max Maylor (MICH) def. Robert Deters (IU) 12-0 major decision
285: Luke Ready (MICH) def. Jacob Bullock (IU) 5-3 decision
157: Jonathan Kervin (IU) def. Ameen Hamdan (MICH) 5-2 decision

12 hours ago, MattM said:

Moran over McHenry in the extra matches is a positive outcome from what is expected to be the Hoosiers next 125lber.  

This is not an attempt to minimize Moran's win, but does anyone know what's going on with McHenry?  From what I can see, he's no better than 3rd on the depth chart at Michigan at 125.

55 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

This is not an attempt to minimize Moran's win, but does anyone know what's going on with McHenry?  From what I can see, he's no better than 3rd on the depth chart at Michigan at 125.

I read some people speculating he’s got a little bit of burn out due the prior years of none stop training and competing his last few years of HS.  But, adjusting to the weight could also still be an issue.   I know, similar to Moran, he was pretty light coming out of HS and it was believed he maybe need a few years to really get to a comfortable 125 level.     Having to adjust to college level wrestling including riding time is tough enough for the full size 125lber. Trying to push yourself to making it even close 125 weight limit all while having to adjust for the added weight and muscular difference of your opponent can’t be easy.  

21 hours ago, MattM said:

I read some people speculating he’s got a little bit of burn out due the prior years of none stop training and competing his last few years of HS.  But, adjusting to the weight could also still be an issue.   I know, similar to Moran, he was pretty light coming out of HS and it was believed he maybe need a few years to really get to a comfortable 125 level.     Having to adjust to college level wrestling including riding time is tough enough for the full size 125lber. Trying to push yourself to making it even close 125 weight limit all while having to adjust for the added weight and muscular difference of your opponent can’t be easy.  

Plus being in a room full of elite talent after being The alpha for so long coming up might also be huge adjustment among with what you listed.