Possibility of no fans at both semi state and state?

The Zebra

From Faulkens:

State Finals - Friday will be broken into two sessions to accomodate participant limitations.  Session I will be for the 106 - 145 pound weight classes.  Check-in will begin at 9:00 AM for Session I.  Session II will be for the 152 - 285 pound weight classes.  Check-in for Session II will begin at 5:00 PM.  All times are Eastern.  The arena will be cleared between the two sessions.  Only participating wrestlers will be allowed in the facility during each session.  Non-participants will be limited based on the number of wrestlers competing.  The maximum number of non-participants on Friday will be 3 (three) per session.

Saturday will be similar to previous years with the exception of the number of non-participants allowed for each team.  Start times will remain the same.  The maximum number of non-participants per team will be 4 (four) persons. 

Ticketing - Currently, spectators are limited to 2000 for each session.  However, spectators may be limited dependin upon Marion County Health Department dictates. More details will be forthcoming.  Times are tentative and may be changed prior to State Finals weekend. 

12 minutes ago, AJ said:

From Faulkens:

State Finals - Friday will be broken into two sessions to accomodate participant limitations.  Session I will be for the 106 - 145 pound weight classes.  Check-in will begin at 9:00 AM for Session I.  Session II will be for the 152 - 285 pound weight classes.  Check-in for Session II will begin at 5:00 PM.  All times are Eastern.  The arena will be cleared between the two sessions.  Only participating wrestlers will be allowed in the facility during each session.  Non-participants will be limited based on the number of wrestlers competing.  The maximum number of non-participants on Friday will be 3 (three) per session.

Saturday will be similar to previous years with the exception of the number of non-participants allowed for each team.  Start times will remain the same.  The maximum number of non-participants per team will be 4 (four) persons. 

Ticketing - Currently, spectators are limited to 2000 for each session.  However, spectators may be limited dependin upon Marion County Health Department dictates. More details will be forthcoming.  Times are tentative and may be changed prior to State Finals weekend. 

That certainly cuts the number down even more. Not sure if non-participants count toward spectators or not. Thank you for posting this, I was lazily relying on my memory of the email instead of clicking four times and bringing it up.

Maybe this will help the IHSAA see that starting earlier on Friday isn't so bad. 

This could open the door in the future to increasing qualifiers to 20 or 24 per weight class.  Or time for some format that gives 1st round losers a chance to place top 8.  All it would take is one more session like they're doing this year.

6 hours ago, GrecoCoach said:

Maybe this will help the IHSAA see that starting earlier on Friday isn't so bad. 

This could open the door in the future to increasing qualifiers to 20 or 24 per weight class.  Or time for some format that gives 1st round losers a chance to place top 8.  All it would take is one more session like they're doing this year.

True wrestle backs, exactly.

8 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Per an email sent out today there will be 4 tickets per athlete at the state finals.

It also reads 4 per school so does that mean 4 additional on top of 4 per wrestler? for example a team with 1 would get 8 tickets? or just the 4. There's other questions but I'm sure they will get enter by the week of state.

1 hour ago, Chris Cooper said:

No fans at Jasper Semi-State

So some kids are going to make a name for themselves and have goals/dreams come true, others are going to suffer heartbreak and the parents who have devoted years of time/money/vacations in gyms etc will not be able to witness/celebrate/cry with their kid? That's tragic for all involved. I know not the answer but I hope those schools involved have reached out to the IHSAA and Faulkens. I know logistics are tough but there has to be a way/place to be able to have 200-300 parents be able to attend. #amirite

Edited by UncleJimmy

Just now, Chris Cooper said:

You have 3 kids at semi-state at consecutive weights, all wrestling their semi-finals match at the same time.  1 of your kids doesn't have a coach.  It's crazy.

Agreed, and it looks like they are doing the same numbers for the state finals.. Very sad some coaches wont be there to see there wrestlers seasons come to fruition.. BUT cant keep bashing the IHSAA we are having a tournament many states are not, I am happy these boys are being given this opportunity at the very least. Hopefully we are all back to normal next season! 

Uncle Jimmy, my favorite person. Man miss having you around. ECC just released ticket link for 1500 tix first come first serve. Going to make a lot of unhappy parents when they are not able to check their email while at work. Save tix for parents of the wrestlers. Wrong approach by ECC!!!!! I think I will buy as many as I can and sell them on Indianamat for Joes bananas! 

Why in the world is Jasper even hosting a Semi-State? Was Connersville booked? This absolutely insane. I read some emails today and they could care less if fans attend. Some great ideas were given to them and they put them in left field faster than a Scott Rolen moonshot.  

1 hour ago, crosstownrivals said:

Uncle Jimmy, my favorite person. Man miss having you around. ECC just released ticket link for 1500 tix first come first serve. Going to make a lot of unhappy parents when they are not able to check their email while at work. Save tix for parents of the wrestlers. Wrong approach by ECC!!!!! I think I will buy as many as I can and sell them on Indianamat for Joes bananas! 

ECC??

1 hour ago, crosstownrivals said:

I think im going to jump in and buy a big lot of them and then sell them on Stub Hub.    I think I will do service to  provide the proud wrestling parents an opportunity to scalp some tickets and have a chance to see their kids wrestle.   I dont think theyll mind the $50 per ticket  premium markup form my time and services.   Would it look shady to be that guy standing on the corner of ECC holding tickets yelling I got four together,  $75 a piece.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.