Possibility of no fans at both semi state and state?

The Zebra

1 hour ago, bluemonster said:

Bankers Life just had Disney on ice with over 50% capacity. Looked pretty full from the pictures I saw.

The belief of 'cold weather' killing the virus must apply when ice is on the floor.  With that I believe there are two options in order to have 50% attendance.  (1) put the mats on ice instead of hardwood or (2) give everyone in attendance free snow cones all day.

I am a problem solver.

55 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

Donald Trump GIFA wise man has suggest that we shoot sun light or bleach into our bodies. That may work. 

Devils lettuce, running, working out and good ole wrasslin does great! But.... having a tan with some vitamin D ALWAYS does your body good. 

On 1/13/2021 at 8:16 AM, Y2CJ41 said:

First off we have to be very thankful we are having a season. It doesn't look promising for the states that have moved their seasons and we are extremely lucky here. I wasn't sure we would get through a month of the football season. I wasn't sure we would get through a month of the wrestling season, but here we are. 

We all want fans at our events to cheer on the kids. This year has been really weird without fans in the stands. Last night was our first home meet with fans and it felt different and nice to have to people yelling and screaming. 

With everything else going on in this world our kids having wrestling is even more important. Be appreciative of the efforts of the administrations from the IHSAA to local schools for working with us during this time. Our kids are having a season and it is looks good that we will complete it. That is something many states may not be able to say.

It’s not often that The General tips his hat: consider it tipped.

1 hour ago, Clint Gard said:

If you haven't seen the latest from Mr. Faulkens, it sounds like they aren't even allowing all 224 wrestlers in the building at the same time.  If that's the case, don't expect to have spectators.

Wtf? This is so stupid. I am all for restrictions, no fans, masks, social distancing, etc. But how can you not have all the wrestlers there? 

3 minutes ago, Jcjcjc said:

I think we are all forgetting how cramped and crowded weigh ins for the state meet are. Disney on ice is probably 20 performers. Our state meet is 224. 

That's true of weigh ins in the past. 

With new weigh in procedures put in place by NFHS, we can social distance by weighing in on the event floor and still comply with NFHS rule of weigh in within 2 hours of competition quite easily.

9 minutes ago, Ed Pendoski said:

That's true of weigh ins in the past. 

With new weigh in procedures put in place by NFHS, we can social distance by weighing in on the event floor and still comply with NFHS rule of weigh in within 2 hours of competition quite easily.

I’d love it. 
To me the locker room situation is the biggest obstacle. 

6 hours ago, ShawSki said:

So what did the ihsaa say about fans attendance in the tourney and state finals?

and what was the deal about the wrestlers all not going to be there at the same time?

224 wrestlers on Friday at State will not be allowed at Banker's Life at the same time.  Sounds like their will be a split into 2 sessions for Friday.

In our Sectional at Westview, fans will be limited to parents and step-parents only at this time.  Im sure it could change for better, but more likely for worse.

My guess is that most sites will be similar to this.

Sectional and Regional schools that are allowing no fans or putting severe restrictions on fans should not be allowed to host. 

2 spectators per wrestler is reasonable and should be a requirement by the IHSAA to host a sectional or regional. 

19 minutes ago, TripleB said:

Sectional and Regional schools that are allowing no fans or putting severe restrictions on fans should not be allowed to host. 

2 spectators per wrestler is reasonable and should be a requirement by the IHSAA to host a sectional or regional. 

To piggyback on the great one's response.

Sectional, regional, and semi-state are determined by the host schools/county. Some places will allow fans others will not. 

State will be determined by the IHSAA and probably more importantly Marion County DOH. 

Sectional and Regional sites should really figure out a way to livestream matches - even more so if parents cannot attend.  These kids have worked their last 4 years for a shot.  I know we mostly focus on the high-end, often year-round wrestlers - but with today's technology and all the videos you can see every day on facebook or youtube, you can't tell me that a high school can't figure out how to put up 3 or maybe 4 livestreams.

Let's put the kids and their families before the money.  Free livestreams will let grandma and grandpa watch Junior wrestle his senior year

Just now, base said:

Sectional and Regional sites should really figure out a way to livestream matches - even more so if parents cannot attend.  These kids have worked their last 4 years for a shot.  I know we mostly focus on the high-end, often year-round wrestlers - but with today's technology and all the videos you can see every day on facebook or youtube, you can't tell me that a high school can't figure out how to put up 3 or maybe 4 livestreams.

Let's put the kids and their families before the money.  Free livestreams will let grandma and grandpa watch Junior wrestle his senior year

Madison broadcast all our events for free on the IHSAA Champions network. So it's possible.

2 minutes ago, base said:

Almost every school possible has been streaming their matches this year. Sectional and regional will be no different. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.